There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Thorn's 2014 NFL Mock Draft (2 Rounds)

26. San Francisco (9-4) DT Ra'Shede Hageman – Minnesota: The 49ers' defense has incredible all-around talent as far as their starters go, but their backups leave something to be desired. The defensive line is led by Justin Smith but he will be 35-years old next season. Hageman's stock will likely rise tremendously once his insane athleticism is put on display at the combine, but the tape will even him out to somewhere in this range come draft day. San Francisco prides themselves in developing their own, especially on the defensive side. Hageman has the work ethic and immense talent to develop into a key cog for the 49ers' well-oiled defensive machine....http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/11/the-sports-agent-blog-2014-nfl-mock-draft/
no reason to go DL in the 1st IMO. With TJE playing well, Tank coming on next season and Dial getting a full off season going into his 2nd season. Not to mention Ian Williams will be back. I want a DB or WR in the 1st.
Originally posted by matt49er:
no reason to go DL in the 1st IMO. With TJE playing well, Tank coming on next season and Dial getting a full off season going into his 2nd season. Not to mention Ian Williams will be back. I want a DB or WR in the 1st.

What he said...........
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

What he said...........

Good prospect selected, but simply must agree. Raymac is one of the hardest trainers in the offseason... he's got a good number of quality years left.
No DL in the first round please
No way we take a DL with our first pick. Not over a WR or DB.
Why take Depth/backup with first round pick?
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Simple, = value. Hageman right now is incredibly underrated because he plays for Minnesota. Once the combine rolls around and scouts get to be up close and personal with the guy and he blows the doors off of the drills, he will rise. Getting him at the end of the first is a great value pick and could help ease the transition from Justin Smith even more. But yeah, you guys make good points with the youth you already have in place. But we see it every year ESPECIALLY with elite teams; they tend to pick the best player available regardless of the need. Sometimes they don't. I easily could see a DB or WR here but keep in mind this mock will see about 15-20 updates from now until May..

I'm disappointed you guys didn't say anything about what I mocked to you in the 2nd though...that kinda meets your needs a little bit..

I really don't think tje is playing as well as people think. He got tossed around by Seattle.
I beg to differ with the prevailing don't draft a DL in the 1st round attitude here. Look what Lotulelei has done for the Panthers defense. Our nose tackle depth is just guys. I mean, all NFL players are great athletes, but our guys aren't special. Remember Bryant Young? Can you imagine what a top NT could do for the defensive line, and the defense as a whole? There's no guarantee that Tank will play at Justin's level, or do the things Justin does. We don't know if Dial is gonna cut it or not. MacDonald ain't no spring chicken either. George Seifert, the genius behind the top notch 49ers defense in the 80's and 90's, always maintained you can't have enough defensive linemen. With Culliver, Brock, Brown, and Wright we have a plethora of corners. If we retain Whitner, we're OK at the safety spot for one more year. I think drafting a NT is the thing to do. Just because something isn't conventional wisdom doesn't mean it's wrong.
[ Edited by CasBanaszek on Dec 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
I love it. Especially love our last 2nd round pick Davante Adams!
Originally posted by BThorn86:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Simple, = value. Hageman right now is incredibly underrated because he plays for Minnesota. Once the combine rolls around and scouts get to be up close and personal with the guy and he blows the doors off of the drills, he will rise. Getting him at the end of the first is a great value pick and could help ease the transition from Justin Smith even more. But yeah, you guys make good points with the youth you already have in place. But we see it every year ESPECIALLY with elite teams; they tend to pick the best player available regardless of the need. Sometimes they don't. I easily could see a DB or WR here but keep in mind this mock will see about 15-20 updates from now until May..

I'm disappointed you guys didn't say anything about what I mocked to you in the 2nd though...that kinda meets your needs a little bit..

I think this can actually unfold. I also agree we should not overlook our future needs at DL. Even if Tank turns out to be a future stud, he'll need company after Smith and McDonald are gone. Also love the cb and wr we select in the 2nd round. I would rather have Purifoy than Gaines but I'm nitpicking. Anyways, the 1st two rounds pretty much fills our immediate needs. Will need to add a safety or 2 with the rest of the draft picks
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM ]
I don't see Mike Evans going before Sammy Watkins. If Watkins falls to the mid teens, I think Baalke would be wise to trade up for him
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No thanks to these two rounds. If Darqueze is anywhere near the 23rd pick, Baalke better be getting out his gun to rob some folks. And EJ Gaines in the 2nd....da fuq is going on, and they pass on Ed Reynolds (best of the rest).....you gotta be fist f**king me!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No thanks to these two rounds. If Darqueze is anywhere near the 23rd pick, Baalke better be getting out his gun to rob some folks. And EJ Gaines in the 2nd....da fuq is going on, and they pass on Ed Reynolds (best of the rest).....you gotta be fist f**king me!!

Hey NOW, language Kolohe, we got KIddies in here, ya know? Can't f**king say f**k,