There are 218 users in the forums

Mods Mock 2014

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
First round WR or DEATH.

IMO, there won't be any decent WR's where the 9ers will be picking (close to last, if not last). I think its time to get a real player at CB. 9ers have the receivers to carry on for a couple more years, I'm not worried about it yet.

Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans (if he declares) will all be early to mid round picks in the 1st round, I'm pretty sure of. After them I see the next best in Donte Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Paul Richardson, Devin Street and Mike Davis as 2nd and later picks, IMO not worth a 1st.

This makes moving up with a picks or a trade necessity.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
First round WR or DEATH.

IMO, there won't be any decent WR's where the 9ers will be picking (close to last, if not last). I think its time to get a real player at CB. 9ers have the receivers to carry on for a couple more years, I'm not worried about it yet.

Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans (if he declares) will all be early to mid round picks in the 1st round, I'm pretty sure of. After them I see the next best in Donte Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Paul Richardson, Devin Street and Mike Davis as 2nd and later picks, IMO not worth a 1st.

I don't think so. It's far too early to be saying that there won't be good WRs available when we pick late in the first. Just as it's too early to say a good CB is worth our pick. Baalke and the 49ers will have their own set of grades, and we could easily be selecting yet another prospect that some won't have anywhere near 1st rd value. I think the late first is a great place to be... but again, it's early. With all of our draft firepower, I am fine if we package picks to end up selecting 4 prospects in the top 60.
So u took Ed Reynolds which is good but do u like him over Ahmad Dixon ??? Or do u think A.Dixon will be pick already ??? I seen u took swanson do u think hes a better fit ???or a better center ?? then T.Larsen(i see alot on here liking him)
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
First round WR or DEATH.

I don't think so. It's far too early to be saying that there won't be good WRs available when we pick late in the first. Just as it's too early to say a good CB is worth our pick. Baalke and the 49ers will have their own set of grades, and we could easily be selecting yet another prospect that some won't have anywhere near 1st rd value. I think the late first is a great place to be... but again, it's early. With all of our draft firepower, I am fine if we package picks to end up selecting 4 prospects in the top 60.

I think so. When the word is out about the top receivers in the draft, they get taken as quick as possible. The only receivers I would take over Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard is Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. Do you expect them to be there at the end of the 1st round, I don't. And even if one of them were there, I would have to think about losing Justin Gilbert real hard cause that guy is everything the 9ers need and so is Darqueze Dennard.
I think so. When the word is out about the top receivers in the draft, they get taken as quick as possible. The only receivers I would take over Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard is Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. Do you expect them to be there at the end of the 1st round, I don't. And even if one of them were there, I would have to think about losing Justin Gilbert real hard cause that guy is everything the 9ers need and so is Darqueze Dennard.

opinions can change drastically from December to May... was my only real point.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I know they can, but its hard to ignore the dominant play by Gilbert, Dennard, Matthews, Watkins and Evans. Combine performance will only hurt them so much, but they will be taken there rightful spots in the draft.

Sorry man I wasn't taking offense to you, I was just thinking about all the times I've watched the draft and the top players heading into it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
So u took Ed Reynolds which is good but do u like him over Ahmad Dixon ??? Or do u think A.Dixon will be pick already ??? I seen u took swanson do u think hes a better fit ???or a better center ?? then T.Larsen(i see alot on here liking him)

Yes, I like him over Ahmad Dixon, IMO Reynolds has far better range. And Swanson over Larsen, Swanson IMO is more battle tested against top competitions, teams like Alabama, LSU, Auburn and so on.

I know they can, but its hard to ignore the dominant play by Gilbert, Dennard, Matthews, Watkins and Evans. Combine performance will only hurt them so much, but they will be taken there rightful spots in the draft.

Sorry man I wasn't taking offense to you, I was just thinking about all the times I've watched the draft and the top players heading into it.

Oh, all good. I think it's possible that 3 out of the 5 prospects you mention here could all have some issue that makes them a bit more available then we are thinking. It could be wrong to put much stock in combine performances... but it clearly does have an affect on draft projections and outcomes. Even the prospect interviews that we are not privy to can make a top 15 pick become a late 1st rounder. One thing that does look promising to me.. is that this draft class does look to be fairly thick with CB and WR talent... two positions I am hoping we address early on.
Originally posted by Since07:
Gotta have Lb and Rb even tho we're kinda stacked. Also All your Wr and Dbs are all 6ft 190 plus+
I pefer that too but I think we need a good 5'10 180lb CB for the slot

Darqueze could very well match up in the slot, I don't doubt that at all. And when the time comes, to satisfy you, I think Dennard will measure in around 5'10" 3/8 or something like that, then the NFL will list him at 5'11".

Oh okay, also now that we let go of K.Williams I dont think we have a wr under 6ft that we use
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gotta have Lb and Rb even tho we're kinda stacked. Also All your Wr and Dbs are all 6ft 190 plus+

Darqueze could very well match up in the slot, I don't doubt that at all. And when the time comes, to satisfy you, I think Dennard will measure in around 5'10" 3/8 or something like that, then the NFL will list him at 5'11".

Oh okay, also now that we let go of K.Williams I dont think we have a wr under 6ft that we use

Have no fear, Devon Wylie is here!!!

I like this guy, I think he makes up for the Chad Hall loss.

It seems they are looking at him as more of a PR, which is weird. But, LMJ had only one chance against SEA and it was a Fair Kyle

I don't know anything about him other than what I read today about his 4.36 at the combine in '11

Meanwhile, Keenan Allen is is on fire
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

It seems they are looking at him as more of a PR, which is weird. But, LMJ had only one chance against SEA and it was a Fair Kyle

I don't know anything about him other than what I read today about his 4.36 at the combine in '11

Meanwhile, Keenan Allen is is on fire

Yah I think they are too, which would be just fine by me. We will see more of him in Preseason rather than this year if he last, I think.

Anyone remember this:

Jordan Matthews might be there when we pick, but like you I'd take Gilbert and Dennard over him. Of your list I'd only take Watkins over those two CBs
I really like the picks at the top of the order but I'm hoping they draft some OT depth, instead of more secondary and WR candidates. I'd even be in favor of a TE if talent is there.
Share 49ersWebzone