There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mods Mock 2014

How you guys feel about FSU Wr Kelvin Benjamin? He's my second favorite reciever after Watkins, if he declares. I think he can be a big time playmaker
Excellent Mock!!! I hope it goes this way
are these WRs any good? i think as dire as our need is we should take WRs pretty early. also dont like taking two QBs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
are these WRs any good? i think as dire as our need is we should take WRs pretty early. also dont like taking two QBs

Why not, Harbs and Baalke always mess with that position behind Kaepernick. Fales would be an upgrade over McCoy and Gilbert would be the #3 QB slash project.
First round WR or DEATH.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:
First round WR or DEATH.

IMO, there won't be any decent WR's where the 9ers will be picking (close to last, if not last). I think its time to get a real player at CB. 9ers have the receivers to carry on for a couple more years, I'm not worried about it yet.

Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans (if he declares) will all be early to mid round picks in the 1st round, I'm pretty sure of. After them I see the next best in Donte Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Paul Richardson, Devin Street and Mike Davis as 2nd and later picks, IMO not worth a 1st.
Great format, easy to read. I love the draft but have a few suggestions.

1. A draft with so many picks and not TE's or LB's is crazy. These are the most athletic big bodies and play ST.

2. Are any of these WR's KR/PR's.

3. I like that you are using picks on needs, but I think one also has to look at BPA. IF a stud WR like Cordell Patterson falls in round 1, take him.

4. I would be comfortable using the compensatory pick in round 3 on a qb. I think it is a good place to land the San Jose State Product. I watched the SJSI Fresno State game and liked him over Carr.

5. I guess you are assuming draft a guard and Luke Marquet or Boone will be the back up OT? I prefer drafting OT's and converting them to guard, so they can play both, ie boone, snyder, etc.

6. I would use a compensatory pick in round 7 (RJF) on a kicker.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
3 DB's in the first 4 picks seems a little excessive. With Wright, Brock, and Culliver already on the roster, Dennard would be a great start, but Reynolds plus Fuller might not be necessary if Whitner is resigned. Like the new center and the Fales picks, too. Don't know enough about your d line picks to make a judgement on them.

Like I explained myself in post #7, There's no telling that Wright, Rogers, Brown and Whitner being back. 9ers could lose two out of four but I think 3 will be back, still anything could happen. And besides, after Rogers and Brown, I don't see any true starters, Brock is inconsistent and Culliver is coming off a season ending injury. Then the 9ers have Darryl Morris who's only proven that hes a solid Special Teams player. And a Safety valve in case Whitner is loss to free agency, no way would I wanna see Spillman or Dahl start.

And if your gonna rebuild your secondary or go younger, might as well start while your front-7 is intact.

I really wish we would have taken a second safety in the first three rounds last year. It was a deep class.

Good points. Last year, the Niners were more concerned about rebuiliding their special teams and that was the role that Dahl and Ventrone filled as free agents. I think that is why they didn't draft an additional safety in the later rounds.
Good post.

I don't think Carlos and Brown will be back. Gut feeling.

Carlos too much $$$ and Brown the injury + the $$$ + the emergence of Brock, the play of Culliver and Wright improving.

I think we load up on DBacks and WR w/ the usual Baalke surprise picks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
I like Allen Robinson in the second. Do you rank him higher than Jordan Matthews?

No I do not, Jordan Matthews has all the tools and I believe is a lot quicker that Robinson, better hands too.
Without arguing senselessly about player availability here, man, this would be a pretty sweet draft haul.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I really wish we would have taken a second safety in the first three rounds last year. It was a deep class.

I was hyped for us to select DJ Swearinger... who granted, has had a fairly rough start... but I still can see him developing into a very solid SS.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erred:
Great format, easy to read. I love the draft but have a few suggestions.

1. A draft with so many picks and not TE's or LB's is crazy. These are the most athletic big bodies and play ST.

2. Are any of these WR's KR/PR's.

3. I like that you are using picks on needs, but I think one also has to look at BPA. IF a stud WR like Cordell Patterson falls in round 1, take him.

4. I would be comfortable using the compensatory pick in round 3 on a qb. I think it is a good place to land the San Jose State Product. I watched the SJSI Fresno State game and liked him over Carr.

5. I guess you are assuming draft a guard and Luke Marquet or Boone will be the back up OT? I prefer drafting OT's and converting them to guard, so they can play both, ie boone, snyder, etc.

6. I would use a compensatory pick in round 7 (RJF) on a kicker.

1. I know I was thinking that too, BUT, I was thinking how the 9ers brought in so many free agent TE's in the past couple of years that I figured picks could be used elsewhere. And I still see them signing a couple of cheap free agent TE's. But one TE I do like in the later to undrafted part in the draft is Arthur Lynch out of Georgia, but I doubt it hes had a good year.

2. Chris Gant was/is a KR for Hawaii, 19 returns for 401 yards. This was my homer pick (everyone is allowed one haha). He was Hawaii's #1 receiver too, hardly dropped a pass.

3. Hard to do a Mock Draft using BPA, well simply because we ourselves do not know who's available when making our picks, no offense. I mean, if Darqueze Dennard is there when the 9ers picking at 26-32, I would have to say Darqueze Dennard is the best player available, even Ed Reynolds as the next pick. Reynolds is not a need as the 9ers are pretty set there, but Reynolds is a damn good center-fielder I definitely would want.

4. Let's just say he fell to the 4th.

5. I kinda agree with that too, but as of right now, the 9ers have Alex Boone and Adam Snyder (emergency only) to fill in at OT. Plus, Brandon Linder has started at OT before.

6. And believe it or not I thought about that too. But every time I think about players or draft picks, I always look at it that every player would make the team. And honestly, drafting a kicker wouldn't be that due to Dawson having a pretty good year.

Thanks for your feed back 9erred.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Since07:
Gotta have Lb and Rb even tho we're kinda stacked. Also All your Wr and Dbs are all 6ft 190 plus+
I pefer that too but I think we need a good 5'10 180lb CB for the slot

Darqueze could very well match up in the slot, I don't doubt that at all. And when the time comes, to satisfy you, I think Dennard will measure in around 5'10" 3/8 or something like that, then the NFL will list him at 5'11".
Derek Carr is a One hell of a QB..#GODOGS!!