Originally posted by 9erred:
Great format, easy to read. I love the draft but have a few suggestions.
1. A draft with so many picks and not TE's or LB's is crazy. These are the most athletic big bodies and play ST.
2. Are any of these WR's KR/PR's.
3. I like that you are using picks on needs, but I think one also has to look at BPA. IF a stud WR like Cordell Patterson falls in round 1, take him.
4. I would be comfortable using the compensatory pick in round 3 on a qb. I think it is a good place to land the San Jose State Product. I watched the SJSI Fresno State game and liked him over Carr.
5. I guess you are assuming draft a guard and Luke Marquet or Boone will be the back up OT? I prefer drafting OT's and converting them to guard, so they can play both, ie boone, snyder, etc.
6. I would use a compensatory pick in round 7 (RJF) on a kicker.
1. I know I was thinking that too, BUT, I was thinking how the 9ers brought in so many free agent TE's in the past couple of years that I figured picks could be used elsewhere. And I still see them signing a couple of cheap free agent TE's. But one TE I do like in the later to undrafted part in the draft is Arthur Lynch out of Georgia, but I doubt it hes had a good year.
2. Chris Gant was/is a KR for Hawaii, 19 returns for 401 yards. This was my homer pick (everyone is allowed one haha). He was Hawaii's #1 receiver too, hardly dropped a pass.
3. Hard to do a Mock Draft using BPA, well simply because we ourselves do not know who's available when making our picks, no offense. I mean, if Darqueze Dennard is there when the 9ers picking at 26-32, I would have to say Darqueze Dennard is the best player available, even Ed Reynolds as the next pick. Reynolds is not a need as the 9ers are pretty set there, but Reynolds is a damn good center-fielder I definitely would want.
4. Let's just say he fell to the 4th.
5. I kinda agree with that too, but as of right now, the 9ers have Alex Boone and Adam Snyder (emergency only) to fill in at OT. Plus, Brandon Linder has started at OT before.
6. And believe it or not I thought about that too. But every time I think about players or draft picks, I always look at it that every player would make the team. And honestly, drafting a kicker wouldn't be that due to Dawson having a pretty good year.
Thanks for your feed back 9erred.