LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Mods Mock 2014

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I know the 9ers won't be keeping 12 outta their 13 picks, but I'm still not including trades so bare with me here.

1st. Darqueze Dennard - CB - 5'11" 197 lbs - Michigan St.

2nd. Ed Reynolds* - S - 6'2" 205lbs - Stanford (expected to declare for draft Per Rotoworld.com)

2nd. Allen Robinson - WR - 6'3" 210 lbs - Penn St.(Matt McGloin thinks he will declare for draft)http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tspradio/2013/10/30/flabbergasted

3rd. Kyle Fuller - CB - 6'0" 194 lbs - Virginia Tech

3rd. Travis Swanson - C - 6'5" 318 lbs - Arkansas

3rd comp. Taylor Hart - DE/DT - 6'6" 292 lbs - Oregon

4th. David Fales - QB - 6'3" 220 lbs - San Jose St.

5th. Beau Allen - NT - 6'3" 325 lbs - Wisconsin

6th. Jeff Janis - WR - 6'3" 220 lbs - Saginaw Valley State

7th. Brandon Linder - G - 6'6" 320 lbs - Miami (FL)

7th. Kenny Ladler - S - 6'1" 205 lbs - Vanderbilt

7th. Garrett Gilbert - QB - 6'4" 223 lbs - SMU

7th. Chris Gant - WR - 6'0" 190 lbs - Hawaii
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Bump for reviews.
Good list of WRs and Defensive Backfield. Also like the NT pick.
I like Allen Robinson in the second. Do you rank him higher than Jordan Matthews?
Center pick good. Don't need 3 DBs in the first 4. A true #1 WR is the Niners #1 need. IMO, Robinson doesn't have good enough hands for Kap's fastball and isn't fast enough to demote Crab. With so few open spots, I'd suggest re-working your draft with some speculation on possible packages of draft picks for trading up.
I think this is my favorite mock you have ever posted Kolohe. Although i wouldnt take 2 QB's and i dont think we will. I like Fales but i think everyone knows how i feel about Garopplo, just throwing that out there as well.

Gimme Christian Bryant instead of Ladler in the 7th if he is available though.

Overall though i would be really happy with this draft, Nice job for once....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Center pick good. Don't need 3 DBs in the first 4. A true #1 WR is the Niners #1 need. IMO, Robinson doesn't have good enough hands for Kap's fastball and isn't fast enough to demote Crab. With so few open spots, I'd suggest re-working your draft with some speculation on possible packages of draft picks for trading up.

Like I said, I'm not doing trades cause I don't think I would make them realistic enough for me or anyone else. And I think Allen Robinson's hands are great, hes just as strong as Boldin. Besides, where the 9ers are gonna be picking, I don't see any WR's worthy enough at the end of the 1st round so I'd suggest a decent CB if I were picking. And I think the 9ers will absolutely need 3 DB's in the first three round since Rogers, Wright, Whitner and Brown might not be on the team next year there's no telling what will happen with them and behind them I don't see worthy enough starters even with Culliver and Brock.
Nice mock. Some interesting names on there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think this is my favorite mock you have ever posted Kolohe. Although i wouldnt take 2 QB's and i dont think we will. I like Fales but i think everyone knows how i feel about Garopplo, just throwing that out there as well.

Gimme Christian Bryant instead of Ladler in the 7th if he is available though.

Overall though i would be really happy with this draft, Nice job for once....

Thanks Idaho very much appreciated.

Kenny Ladler though, I'm hoping he flies under the radar, hes been pretty productive in his college career and had a good Senior season with 5 picks. Hes a lot like Casey Hayward, only hes not really an aggressive tackler like Reid, hes more of a coverage safety like Merton Hanks IMO.
3 DB's in the first 4 picks seems a little excessive. With Wright, Brock, and Culliver already on the roster, Dennard would be a great start, but Reynolds plus Fuller might not be necessary if Whitner is resigned. Like the new center and the Fales picks, too. Don't know enough about your d line picks to make a judgement on them.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
3 DB's in the first 4 picks seems a little excessive. With Wright, Brock, and Culliver already on the roster, Dennard would be a great start, but Reynolds plus Fuller might not be necessary if Whitner is resigned. Like the new center and the Fales picks, too. Don't know enough about your d line picks to make a judgement on them.

Like I explained myself in post #7, There's no telling that Wright, Rogers, Brown and Whitner being back. 9ers could lose two out of four but I think 3 will be back, still anything could happen. And besides, after Rogers and Brown, I don't see any true starters, Brock is inconsistent and Culliver is coming off a season ending injury. Then the 9ers have Darryl Morris who's only proven that hes a solid Special Teams player. And a Safety valve in case Whitner is loss to free agency, no way would I wanna see Spillman or Dahl start.

And if your gonna rebuild your secondary or go younger, might as well start while your front-7 is intact.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Like I explained myself in post #7, There's no telling that Wright, Rogers, Brown and Whitner being back. 9ers could lose two out of four but I think 3 will be back, still anything could happen. And besides, after Rogers and Brown, I don't see any true starters, Brock is inconsistent and Culliver is coming off a season ending injury. Then the 9ers have Darryl Morris who's only proven that hes a solid Special Teams player. And a Safety valve in case Whitner is loss to free agency, no way would I wanna see Spillman or Dahl start.

And if your gonna rebuild your secondary or go younger, might as well start while your front-7 is intact.

I really wish we would have taken a second safety in the first three rounds last year. It was a deep class.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I really wish we would have taken a second safety in the first three rounds last year. It was a deep class.

I hear you, Phillip Thomas in the 4th, Earl Wolff in the 5th, Baccari Rambo, John Boyet and Josh Evans in the 6th. All steals.

I hear you, Phillip Thomas in the 4th, Earl Wolff in the 5th, Baccari Rambo, John Boyet and Josh Evans in the 6th. All steals.

Earl wolff was my 2nd favorite safety after Reid ...
Gotta have Lb and Rb even tho we're kinda stacked. Also All your Wr and Dbs are all 6ft 190 plus+
I pefer that too but I think we need a good 5'10 180lb CB for the slot
Share 49ersWebzone