There are 225 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

• DeUh
  • Veteran
I´m not a fan of taking a flyer on him unless he falls to the end of the 2nd or into the 3th. But apparently many like him so here is a cool new video.

His catch radius is MONSTROUS, and he just destroyed that Gator secondary which is pretty highly regarded... You don't see alot of guys that can get up and extend like that... Gronk, Bears Duo, Calvin, Green, Dez, granted he doesn't have the speed or acceleration of most of these players but it seems like that skill set translates to the NFL alot better then small quick twitch receivers like Cooks...

Wouldn't it be better to have another receiver that is gonna take the ball when we need it like Boldin's TD catch in the NFCC, then spending a high pick on a "quick" receiver that is susceptible to injury who can be found in the 3rd-4th round a la Ellington. Heck we could have gone after Joe Morgan on the cheap.
  • pfizz
that skill set is the same one jon baldwin has. oops.
Just interesting to note, Baldwin is only an inch shorter and can jump 10 inches higher than Benjamin. Benjamin is really good at high pointing the ball though and has very good ball skills.
you know, i wasn't a fan of benjamin just because I thought he was big and slow like JJ stokes. I think that, and Mike Williams types really worry me. I like benjamin after watching the film though. I think he is football fast. He seems to get by most guys with ease and runs routes pretty fluidly. Also, he's great at getting balls at their peak before others even have a chance to go after them.
  • pfizz
routes fluidly? think you need to re-watch. the guy is lumbering in and out of breaks and doesn't "sell" the routes. neutralize his size advantage(which seattle will do) and he's nothing special. if you want fluid routes from a receiver go look at odell beckham jr.
[ Edited by pfizz on Mar 21, 2014 at 4:19 PM ]
If the Niners arent satisfied with Baldwin as their token big WR, maybe they should draft Brandon Coleman. He can hold a clip board just like Benjamin, but 3-4 rounds later.
Baldwin is also a horrid blocker and notably super lazy, KB while still raw has shown the ability to throw some game changing hit stick blocks... Also KB's weight was only an issue his freshman year when he wasn't expected to play... I think it matters were he goes... A solid coaching staff with a good plan would mold this guy into a stud. If he goes to the Raiders he will probably bust.. Kansas City was one of Jon Baldwins biggest problems and now to has many bad football habits.
  • pfizz
Originally posted by Butter:
If the Niners arent satisfied with Baldwin as their token big WR, maybe they should draft Brandon Coleman. He can hold a clip board just like Benjamin, but 3-4 rounds later.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
you have to worry about him becoming a 260 lb wr in a few years

Those of us who remember JJ Stokes will take a pass on Kelvin Benjamin.
I'll pass
Greg Cosell's take:
"I actually liked Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State a little more than I liked Mike Evans. He's basically as big, and I thought he had a little more natural quickness and athleticism than Evans," Cosell said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325746/article/cosell-sammy-watkins-hands-down-best-receiver-in-draft
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Mar 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
His catch radius is MONSTROUS, and he just destroyed that Gator secondary which is pretty highly regarded... You don't see alot of guys that can get up and extend like that... Gronk, Bears Duo, Calvin, Green, Dez, granted he doesn't have the speed or acceleration of most of these players but it seems like that skill set translates to the NFL alot better then small quick twitch receivers like Cooks...

Wouldn't it be better to have another receiver that is gonna take the ball when we need it like Boldin's TD catch in the NFCC, then spending a high pick on a "quick" receiver that is susceptible to injury who can be found in the 3rd-4th round a la Ellington. Heck we could have gone after Joe Morgan on the cheap.

Like Floyd did opposite of Fitzgerald in SEA?
Originally posted by xcfan:
you have to worry about him becoming a 260 lb wr in a few years

Put in workout bonus clauses. Large ones
Share 49ersWebzone