There are 227 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

• xcfan
  • Veteran
joiner's a baller. benjamin is mike williams.
Originally posted by xcfan:
joyner's a baller. benjamin is raw.

fixed
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Well Don't like Benjamin but if the coaches want him then I trust them. His size is intriguing. I just don't know how he's going to beat the press of Sherman when he couldn't beat the press of Chris Davis in the NCG. That's really want we should be drafting. A WR with the skillset to beat Seattles secondary. Either way with Boldin and Crab soaking up coverage Benjamin would be in a good position to build a rapport with Kaep early on.

Not sure i would trust them when it comes to drafting WR's.
I'm really concerned about his weight. He's 240 already, how big will he get in the pros?

On the upside, a team like the Niners is probably the best case scenario for the player. Be could learn behind Crab and Boldin. The Niners have the luxury of letting players develop on their deep roster.

Bottom line is his value iMO. He'd be great value in the 2nd/3rd. Not so sure about the 1st. I'd rather roll the dice on Moncrief.
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not sure i would trust them when it comes to drafting WR's.

That's why I'm hoping Baalke was there to scout the defensive side as well. For all we know he could've been there for the free roasted garlic tomato paninis. Either way I'm going to go diggin' for FSU pro day results.

I think the scouts can pick the right WR. I just hope they want to target a product that is more refined then Benjamin which is like 7-8 guys at this point.
Yea, but he beat Davis when it counted for the game winner and he did have an extraordinary game against Florida which had a steller secondary. He has potential and a huge upside for sure. He's very raw, but could do very well under Boldin's mentorship, IMO. He can learn how to beat Sherman.

We need him!!
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Yea, but he beat Davis when it counted for the game winner and he did have an extraordinary game against Florida which had a steller secondary. He has potential and a huge upside for sure. He's very raw, but could do very well under Boldin's mentorship, IMO. He can learn how to beat Sherman.

We need him!!

Lol. There were literally 30 more snaps of Benjamin in that game that need to be accounted. Minus that play; Benjamin had a very poor game.

Plus you do realize he has a 5'10 CB that will most likely go undrafted on an island? That TD as important as it may be in the context of the game tells me very little about his skill. The coverage was awful. Most likely not Davis' faults. The defense coordinator gave a 6'5 guy 4 yards cushion ON THE GOAL LINE. At this point if Benjamin doesn't slant in and box out he shouldn't have even shown up to the game.

Ansolutely nothing in that video tells me I need him to draft him. At least not in the 1st 2 rounds. Moncrief, Beckham, Evans, Watkins, Matthews, Adams, and Lee are ranked higher IMO.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM ]
im pretty sure niner scouts were there mostly for joyner but benjamin was a plus to see just get a closer look because he will fall in our range so might as well take a look. i wouldnt take the reports serious
i like him alot...we need speed though
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If we had a coaching staff I trusted with the development of WRs then I'd maybe give it a shot, but he's too raw to be a factor here I think. He's got great size, average speed and questionable hands (at times) if we're looking at pick 30 I think there will be a more sure fired candidate at that point. If he's still there in the second then go for it I guess.

I wouldn't be mad if we took him. He would be able to sit & learn from two pro's & play in limited packages.
This guy is too slow and too much of a project to waste a 1st round pick on.
Montcrief is faster, has considerable size, and is a better fit for our offense.
We already have Jon Baldwin
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
I'm really concerned about his weight. He's 240 already, how big will he get in the pros?

On the upside, a team like the Niners is probably the best case scenario for the player. Be could learn behind Crab and Boldin. The Niners have the luxury of letting players develop on their deep roster.

Bottom line is his value iMO. He'd be great value in the 2nd/3rd. Not so sure about the 1st. I'd rather roll the dice on Moncrief.

He was 242 at his pro day.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Butter:

He was 242 at his pro day.

They will put weight clause in the contract, like what they do to AD. Could forfeit millions if he's not in good condition and in shape.
Share 49ersWebzone