There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kelvin Benjamin

For where we are drafting at Benjamin, Mike Evans won't be there and the LSU WRS are the most fit for the 49ers especially Odell Beckham returns kicks and is just fast with great hands and blocks. Check out the catch at 1:48 if Crabtree would have made a play like that we would be in the Superbowl

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Benjamin doesn't have the speed of Calvin, but he has every other asset. Could be a lot like Alshon Jeffery, except bigger.

Excellent comparison. Bigger and a little more dynamic after the catch than Alshon, but very similar otherwise.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
For where we are drafting at Benjamin, Mike Evans won't be there and the LSU WRS are the most fit for the 49ers especially Odell Beckham returns kicks and is just fast with great hands and blocks. Check out the catch at 1:48 if Crabtree would have made a play like that we would be in the Superbowl


100% agree.!
Benjamin would improve our RZ offense from day 1. I'm hoping we snag him
  • pfizz
  • Member
  • Posts: 171
How exactly does Benjamin improve our RZ offense from day 1 exactly? We already have a big bodied reciver on our team(jon baldwin 6'4 230lbs former 1st round draft pick) that does nothing for us. This reminds me a lot of JB. Lacking in the WR essentials(route running and hands) but has impressive measurables. He's so raw he could end up being a beast or a huge bust. This guy would have huge issues using his size to his advantage against the big CBs from Seattle. Guys like Sherman or Browner(who is just as big) would welcome the physicallity at the line and eat him alive with his inability to run good routes.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,549
kelvin is a measureables guy. the problem is he's a solidly questionable football player. the reincarnation of matt jones.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
My concern with Benjamin is his usefulness between the 20's. He's a great jump ball receiver, but he struggles mightily in traffic. His technique in terms of route running and separation will certainly improve. Still, I don't agree with drafting receivers who don't possess great OVERALL ball skills.

Baalke got it right with this years stable of WR's. Crabs, Boldin, VD and even Patton can do it all! In's, out's, seam routes, screens, fly's...anything you want! Continuing to draft WR's who can catch in all facets of the position is the way to go!

If we retain Boldin, Crabtree and Patton for next season, I believe what we would need to compliment that bunch is a guy who can make plays deep.

So you want a Robert Meachem or Stephen Hill? What you're proposing, we've tried already with A.J. Jenkins. It's difficult to field WR's who are limited in their skill set. Josh Gordon is a stud because he runs the entire route tree well and can catch the football in any situation.

Again, it's not a good idea to draft WR's that need work on catching once they reach the pro's, no matter how athletic they are. For example, give me DeAndre Hopkins over Cordarrelle Patterson.

Cordarrelle is the complete package. Who is Hopkins?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
My concern with Benjamin is his usefulness between the 20's. He's a great jump ball receiver, but he struggles mightily in traffic. His technique in terms of route running and separation will certainly improve. Still, I don't agree with drafting receivers who don't possess great OVERALL ball skills.

Baalke got it right with this years stable of WR's. Crabs, Boldin, VD and even Patton can do it all! In's, out's, seam routes, screens, fly's...anything you want! Continuing to draft WR's who can catch in all facets of the position is the way to go!

If we retain Boldin, Crabtree and Patton for next season, I believe what we would need to compliment that bunch is a guy who can make plays deep.

So you want a Robert Meachem or Stephen Hill? What you're proposing, we've tried already with A.J. Jenkins. It's difficult to field WR's who are limited in their skill set. Josh Gordon is a stud because he runs the entire route tree well and can catch the football in any situation.

Again, it's not a good idea to draft WR's that need work on catching once they reach the pro's, no matter how athletic they are. For example, give me DeAndre Hopkins over Cordarrelle Patterson.

Cordarrelle is the complete package. Who is Hopkins?

Deandre Hopkins out of Clemson, he is currently on the Texans.

Benjamin would also be a HUGE help to V.Davis in the red zone, we need him there to open that game up. We cannot afford another no-show against a playoff team from Vernon.
Not his fault, just need another target for Kap.
I would love for the niners to get this guy.. I prefer him over Evans. Maybe im weird.
so...uhh, where did the KB fan club disappear to ? They have been missing since the combine.
He drops a lot of balls and gives up a lot of INT. I dont think hes good value at wherw they would have to draft him.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
so...uhh, where did the KB fan club disappear to ? They have been missing since the combine.

I still like him as a RZ target. I think his size is unique, and his hands are great. His body control is impressive at his size. I expected him to struggle with the stop and start drills, but I was disappointed with his 40 after he hyped it. I never expected 4.3, but 4.4-4.45 would've been impressive. I think his drops are a concentration issue, which is easy to fix if he will work at it. I don't know that he will work at it. I didn't want Alshon Jeffery beacause he was a fatty, and he pulled it together in the NFL, after he fixed his diet. So, I obviously look like an azzhole on that one. This guy looks like his build is a little soft, but all reports out of FSU are that he.s consistently been a hard worker throughout his time there, so maybe he just needs a professional support staff to switch up his food and stand him in front of a juggs machine for hours. I'm not someone who thinks he's a sure think, but I'd trust Baalke if he made that call at 30 (prefer a fast guy).
I would not be opposed to the 49ers selecting Benjamin but that bit of a gamble for the 1st round selection, selecting WR later like Moncreif or Richardson makes better sense I Love Martavis Bryant he is as big and much more explosive of a receiver, I believe he is better project for the 49ers
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
I would not be opposed to the 49ers selecting Benjamin but that bit of a gamble for the 1st round selection, selecting WR later like Moncreif or Richardson makes better sense I Love Martavis Bryant he is as big and much more explosive of a receiver, I believe he is better project for the 49ers

I agree that Bryant could be a better player for the 49ers in the long run, but what Benjamin walks into the building with could have won a superbowl and NFCCG for us in the last two years. Redzone passing game needs help, however they do it, and, IMO, Benjamin is still the best RZ target in the draft.



http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/03/breaking-benjamin-baalke-attends-florida-state-pro-day.html