There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kelvin Benjamin

This guy should be a 9er.
Originally posted by LVJay:
This guy might even be better...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/texas-high-school-wide-receiver-recruit-throws-hail-mary-touchdown-%E2%80%94-to-himself-181204706.html

So fake, lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I re-watched his highlight film after the Colin story. This was my mindset. Watch it like I've never heard anything about him. Truth is... He was beating most coverages, Clemson, BC. He runs good routes, gives a good target...has quick hands and snatches the ball from the air and has seemingly good body control for his height. I think he has a good chance. A good QB will make him a great receiver.

He's almost like a poor man's Mike Evans. I wish I knew more, but from the posters and the article. I wouldn't mind him being a niner.
Originally posted by kronik:
If we draft him, he's our next Delanie Walker. I think they would use him as a TE. Since we drafted Vance with a high pick last year, I think we're gonna pass on him. As for being a WR, he doesn't supply what we lack, which is speed to stretch the field

This is exactly what I have been thinking. If he makes it into the second round, he weights 240 pounds and if he puts on another 10 then he could be a stud TE. Don't use him like a traditional TE but more like how NE used Hernandez. Him and Davis as the TE's would be crazy. There would not be any teams who can match up with that and still defend Boldin, crabtree and Patton. It would be a gamble but one that could really pay off.
About a month ago, I had a dream that Benjamin caught a jump ball TD in a Niner uniform! I hope my premonition turns out to be false...unless he's drafted in the 2nd round. He's not a 1st round talent in my opinion.
Originally posted by Since07:
I bet he run a 4.4 at full speed he jus doesn't have acceleration

I bet he'd run a 4.4 if there were a box of donuts 40 yards away from him.
YES! Been saying it all along. Kelvin Benjamin will be a star in the NFL. He was a hero for FSU and he can be one for us too. Too many good qualities to ignore, he may drop one occasionally, but then who doesn't. He will only get better in that area. As far as his other qualities they are excellent. Height to weight to speed ratio very good, you will have to watch the collision with one eye open. NO ONE takes the ball out of his hands. His hops are fantastic he will use smaller cbs as a platform for when he stands on top of their helmets to make a catch. In the red zone he will be a GOD!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I re-watched his highlight film after the Colin story. This was my mindset. Watch it like I've never heard anything about him. Truth is... He was beating most coverages, Clemson, BC. He runs good routes, gives a good target...has quick hands and snatches the ball from the air and has seemingly good body control for his height. I think he has a good chance. A good QB will make him a great receiver.

He's almost like a poor man's Mike Evans. I wish I knew more, but from the posters and the article. I wouldn't mind him being a niner.

Neither him nor Evans make something out of nothing. Neither of them are elite athletes like Calvin Johnson etc. They are carbon copies of Jonathan Baldwin. I don' t know why this roster needs another Jonathan Baldwin.

Look at this guy. Wow. He's going to be a red zone demon. Look at him win those jump balls. We need this guy badly, he will be a monster...
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Neither him nor Evans make something out of nothing. Neither of them are elite athletes like Calvin Johnson etc. They are carbon copies of Jonathan Baldwin. I don' t know why this roster needs another Jonathan Baldwin.

Look at this guy. Wow. He's going to be a red zone demon. Look at him win those jump balls. We need this guy badly, he will be a monster...

Baldwin lacks swagger. He lacks aggression and this is why he disappears. KB seems the complete opposite. JB is more athletic than KB but KB has the better attitude. If JB got his head right he could catch 40-50 balls a year but somehow he is lost upstairs
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Baldwin lacks swagger. He lacks aggression and this is why he disappears. KB seems the complete opposite. JB is more athletic than KB but KB has the better attitude. If JB got his head right he could catch 40-50 balls a year but somehow he is lost upstairs

And in that highlight reel you see Baldwin jump-catching balls he has no reason to jump for, which he still does.

Take a look at Benjamin's 2013 film vs. Florida. He utterly destroys Louchiez Purifoy, Jaylen Watkins, and Marcus Roberson in every way imaginable, and all three of them are going to be drafted. You also see a lack-of-concentration drop or two. And I think we know that an occasional lack-of-concentration drop is tolerable from a receiver who makes plays (Terrell Owens).

[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on May 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So this is scary....last ditch smokescreen or blatant telegraph?

Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin bumped into the right person during his reported visit to the San Francisco 49ers.

Colin Kaepernick.

"He's cool. He kept telling the coaches to get me here," Benjamin, a projected first-round pick this week at the NFL Draft, said on 95.7 The Game on Monday. "He wanted to see me in football pads.

"It was great meeting with the coaches, I love the organization, the weather out there is great. There's not too much (more) you would want out there."

RELATED: Get to Know Top WR Prospects

Many outside observers believe the 49ers seek another wideout option for Kaepernick, to pair with Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin.

At 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds, Benjamin ran a 4.61 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. He caught 54 passes for 1,011 yards and 15 touchdowns, including the BCS Championship game-winning score.

The 49ers first of 11 draft picks comes at No. 30. It's unclear where exactly Benjamin will fall in a pass-catcher-deep pool of collegians.
In addition to meeting San Francisco's signal-caller, Benjamin said he ate lunch with wide receiver coach John Morton, toured the newly-named SAP Performance Facility and Levi's® Stadium before seeing veteran players and sitting down with Jim Harbaugh to watch film.

"They teach you, I would say, five percent of their playbook, and then you relay out back to them on the (white) board, drawing up the plays."

The redshirt sophomore said he also visited with the Baltimore Ravens, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals and Miami Dolphins, among others.
Kelvin Benjamin....
Isn't this the same guy who blew off a couple NFL workouts?

His attitude, athleticism, and speed are all questionable. At least Jon Baldwin seemed like an athlete.

He will not be a niner.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Personally I'd like us to draft a big receiver who'd be an 'out' ball for Kap and Benjamin fits the bill. A year or two with Boldin could do wonders with him, I've thought about him for a while, comparing him to Evans and he's certainly not the athlete Evans is but I think I'd rather have a combo of Benjamin, Verrett and another 2nd rounder instead of Evans.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Lmao well said.
He looks better than Baldwin to me. Bigger, more game speed, a more fluid and natural pass catcher. And Kaep wants him.