LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Benjamin is young as well. I like a lot of WR in this draft and we do have Jon Baldwin who happens to have everything we need physically but just seems to be lacking that dog up in him. Benjamin doesn't have as much physically as Baldwin but he most certainly has the arrogance needed to compete at the NFL level. AJJ lacked the competitive fire as well. I also like Davante Adams and then Moncrief. If I had to grade I might say long term these guys are near equal but with the tutelage of Boldin being from Florida KB>DA=DM. I have been high on Moncrief like the rest but I see Crabtree in Adams all day and Moncrief is a bit unpolished as far as catching the ball away from his body consistently but I think he will get there or can get there and if he does then KB=DM>DA. Man this is tough but I can see some game changing potential in KB. Now only if Jon Baldwin had the mental makeup to use his tools... We must question whether Benjamin will work though and this is why we have Boldin

Benjamin is actually a fairly old rookie at 24. Same age as Baldwin by the way.
Originally posted by KID9R:

damn. by the end of his rookie contract he'll be few years removed from unemployment line.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

damn. by the end of his rookie contract he'll be few years removed from unemployment line.

I think Moncrief is the one that's young. In that case Moncrief and Adams and I like the speed of Paul Richardson. KB is 24! Hell I dont know then, he might not have a lot of development potential at this point. He still remains that anomaly you have to at least account for. This is tough! Glad it aint my job
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

I think Moncrief is the one that's young. In that case Moncrief and Adams and I like the speed of Paul Richardson. KB is 24! Hell I dont know then, he might not have a lot of development potential at this point. He still remains that anomaly you have to at least account for. This is tough! Glad it aint my job

NV he's 23 February 5, 1991 (age 23)
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

NV he's 23 February 5, 1991 (age 23)

Still kinda old
Isn't he an underclassmen? Short bus? Or just a professional student?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Kelvin Benjamin´s weight a concern for some NFL scouts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000340042/article/fsu-wr-benjamins-weight-a-concern-for-some-nfl-Scouts

" I like to play at least 20 hours Call of Duty a week "
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB

Report: #FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin "too tired" to work out for #NFL team. #NFLDraft
  • pfizz
and teams were already worried about him managing his weight. bad look for him.
Hopefully he told that to the 49ers

he has a tattoo of his own first name on his arm?

#DontDraft
I've seen some mocks that have us taking him...all I can say is no, no, no. Much better options available. Supporters of his need to understand he had one big season in his college career.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
he has a tattoo of his own first name on his arm?

#DontDraft

This. Reeks of arrogance. Pudgy, lazy, the face and hair of a woman. Typical millenial kid. Pass, plz.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Kelvin Benjamin´s weight a concern for some NFL scouts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000340042/article/fsu-wr-benjamins-weight-a-concern-for-some-nfl-Scouts

" I like to play at least 20 hours Call of Duty a week "

looks like a junior college left tackle
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it's known that he doesn't have high-achiever want-to. combine that with the fact that he's already at the wr weight ceiling, and you have a guy likely to be 260+ in the offseason as he ages. you can't pick that in the first round. he either busts or grows up. too risky.
Share 49ersWebzone