There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DeUh:
I´m not a fan of taking a flyer on him unless he falls to the end of the 2nd or into the 3th. But apparently many like him so here is a cool new video.

I see a larger version of crabtree

Doesn't appear to get a ton of separation, but is a hands-catcher and attacks the ball at the point...I'm not sure, but I think I like him. Not sure.
I´m not a fan of taking a flyer on him unless he falls to the end of the 2nd or into the 3th. But apparently many like him so here is a cool new video.

Doesn't appear to get a ton of separation, but is a hands-catcher and attacks the ball at the point...I'm not sure, but I think I like him. Not sure.
I wouldn't take JJ Stokes... I mean Kelvin Benjamin... anywhere near the first round when his twin brother will be available like 3 or 4 rounds later (Brandon Coleman).
  • DeUh
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I wouldn't take JJ Stokes... I mean Kelvin Benjamin... anywhere near the first round when his twin brother will be available like 3 or 4 rounds later (Brandon Coleman).

This.

This.

Coleman is a joke. They're completely different players. I've watched several games and I can tell you the only thing similar is their size. I grade Coleman a 7th-UDFA. I give Benjamin a first round grade and for good reason.
Originally posted by Murphys1:

He's also often a "hands dropper" way to often. When I watched some of his old game clips, he had some horrendous turnovers where the ball bounces off his hands right to a defender or he fumbled, or he ran a bad route. He could be a super star some day, but he's way to inconsistent right now.

IMHO, players like Benjamin come down to value. I'd love to get him in the late 2nd or 3rd, no higher.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This.

Coleman is a joke. They're completely different players. I've watched several games and I can tell you the only thing similar is their size. I grade Coleman a 7th-UDFA. I give Benjamin a first round grade and for good reason.

I think VP was more joking than being serious. He just doesnt like Benjamin
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM ]
  • DeUh

By the way nothing wrong with your Coleman assumption, though i have him with a 6th-7th round grade. But are you sure about Benjamins 1st round grade ? I think he has one of the biggest bust potential this year.

I'm gonna disagree with you on Coleman being a joke.
I would pick Coleman 100x before Benjamin

On my take

Hands = Coleman
Body control = Coleman
Speed = Coleman
Run blocking = Coleman
Size = Coleman
Agility = Coleman
Release = Coleman

Not to mention you've got Winston throwing you the ball as compared to Dodd/ whatever that dude with a V's name is

I will say Kelvin does have some pretty awesome dreads
Remember when he said he was going to run a 4.3 and that he was 4% body fat? Lol
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Im bias cause ive been a fsu fan since charlie ward but, this guy is a poor mans calvin johnson. He gets all the jump balls, breaks huge tackles i luv this guy. Anyone else digging this guy?

I feel comfortable saying he is not Calvin Johnson ... lol. But he may be JJ Stokes.
This like what everyone said about Jeffery and Patterson the last two years.

But the reality is, big, dynamic players like that are what you need to elevate your offense. I'd rather roll the dice on him than take another skinny 'quick' guy. The NFL is a man's game. You want big bodied guys that can attack the ball.

You can all flame me later on if I'm proven wrong, but Benjamin is my top WR pick for the 49ers. The only guy I think I'd take over him is Watkins. But even Lee and Evans I don't think are as good as Benjamin.

It's conjecture right now, but that' my take. Come back and laugh at me if I'm wrong.
Benjamin is young as well. I like a lot of WR in this draft and we do have Jon Baldwin who happens to have everything we need physically but just seems to be lacking that dog up in him. Benjamin doesn't have as much physically as Baldwin but he most certainly has the arrogance needed to compete at the NFL level. AJJ lacked the competitive fire as well. I also like Davante Adams and then Moncrief. If I had to grade I might say long term these guys are near equal but with the tutelage of Boldin being from Florida KB>DA=DM. I have been high on Moncrief like the rest but I see Crabtree in Adams all day and Moncrief is a bit unpolished as far as catching the ball away from his body consistently but I think he will get there or can get there and if he does then KB=DM>DA. Man this is tough but I can see some game changing potential in KB. Now only if Jon Baldwin had the mental makeup to use his tools... We must question whether Benjamin will work though and this is why we have Boldin
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
So much hate on Benjamin...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm arguably the biggest FSU fan on the board. I've sen every game he's played in and I think Benjamin can be a good WR, but not here.

He'll need coaching and our coaches suck at WR development. The Patriots, Saints, Broncos and other pass heavy teams can use him. But unless we have a serous offensive philosophy change he'll be wasted here especially since we already have his clone on the team. He'll only get 2-3 targets per game (at extreme most) unless he shows he's a beast in preseason (which he won't). If he's there in the 3rd (which he won't) i'd take him, but not before. We need to draft as close to a sure thing as possible and he isn't it.