LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Backup QB

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Seems like there will be plenty of quality back-up QB's available

This. I trust Harbaugh finding a second day gem
Anyone like AJ McCarron in the 3rd rd? He seems like an undervalued QB that has poise, a good enough arm, and enough mobility. Reminds of our former starting QB, and many here felt he was an ideal backup type after the more dynamic Kaep took over. (not digging for insults or provocation... being serious)
Watching Garappolo play in FCS playoffs on ESPN 2 (The Deuce). Kid can throw, but not very mobile.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Watching Garappolo play in FCS playoffs on ESPN 2 (The Deuce). Kid can throw, but not very mobile.

Kid is a beast. It may surprise some people where he is ultimately drafted. Someone is gonna fall in love with the kid. He has the potential to end up the best QB in this draft IMO.
Blake Bortles if he makes it to Round 2. Probably not.

peter king said tonite on nbc pregame show that 1 gm with a projected top 10 pick had bortles as their highest rated qb, if he comes out
Keith Price from Washington, I guarantee Harbaugh loves him. Could be a good 5-7th round pick for us. Dude is an accurate, tough as nails athlete.

Kenny Guiton

As the year as progressed, Tajh Boyd has gone from a sure fire first round pick to a 3rd - 4th round prospect. As a backup QB, the Niners could do a lot worse.
Originally posted by hofer36:

peter king said tonite on nbc pregame show that 1 gm with a projected top 10 pick had bortles as their highest rated qb, if he comes out

Peter King has been wildly off about the draft before. GMs use him as a tool to send false info.
McShay got Bortles going #3 overall to Oakland lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
McShay got Bortles going #3 overall to Oakland lol

Well McShay has a point though, but its clearly early but we all have an idea with each players hype.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by hofer36:

Peter King has been wildly off about the draft before. GMs use him as a tool to send false info.

No that would be Mel Kiper haha!!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yes but even a broken clock is right twice a day. I see Bortles as moving into the 2nd or 3rd QB spot in the draft, he's a terrific talent that would easily be a Top 10 pick with a decent offseason.
How high would you all draft a backup QB? For me, not very high at all. I'd prefer an experienced backup that we could sign for the minimum and a draft pick in the 5th round or later. The only reasoning to go higher is that most of our picks won't play much at all, so no need to pass on potentially more talented QBs.
Interesting to watch Nick Montana & Tulane tonight
Share 49ersWebzone