There are 620 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Backup QB

If anyone is watching the SEC title game right now, I think you're watching Kaepernick's future backup QB in James Franklin.

Having seen him all season, the guy just looks the part. I would love to pick this guy up in the late 3rd or 4th round. I don't see the Niners picking a qb high, and this guy looks like someone we could get easy in the later rounds.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
If anyone is watching the SEC title game right now, I think you're watching Kaepernick's future backup QB in James Franklin.

Having seen him all season, the guy just looks the part. I would love to pick this guy up in the late 3rd or 4th round. I don't see the Niners picking a qb high, and this guy looks like someone we could get easy in the later rounds.

I do like James Franklin as well in terms of picking up a guy later in the draft.
Jimmy Garoppolo doe...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Jimmy Garoppolo doe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72eZH_Cd1-U

Guy looks solid. Thanks for the insight.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,669
Aaron Murray on the cheap!!
Blake Bortles if he makes it to Round 2. Probably not.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Jimmy Garoppolo doe...

The next Tony Romo.. Probably going late 2nd early 3rd.. Would love it if we drafted him.. Remember Harbaugh loved Romo, and this guy closely resembles him coming out of college and he probably is more polished than Romo was
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Blake Bortles if he makes it to Round 2. Probably not.

Matt Miller had him in the top 10 in his latest mock draft.. We'll see
Id rather have Chuck Keaton from Utah State
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Id rather have Chuck Keaton from Utah State

Chuckie Keeton won't be available til next year. Is only a Jr and coming off an ACL/MCL tear.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Dec 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Blake Bortles if he makes it to Round 2. Probably not.

If he comes out, he's a Top 20 pick, book it.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
The next Tony Romo.. Probably going late 2nd early 3rd.. Would love it if we drafted him.. Remember Harbaugh loved Romo, and this guy closely resembles him coming out of college and he probably is more polished than Romo was

Hopefully potato free version.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
If anyone is watching the SEC title game right now, I think you're watching Kaepernick's future backup QB in James Franklin.

Having seen him all season, the guy just looks the part. I would love to pick this guy up in the late 3rd or 4th round. I don't see the Niners picking a qb high, and this guy looks like someone we could get easy in the later rounds.

franklin's passing numbers should be alot more impressive with the receivers he is throwing to
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Blake Bortles if he makes it to Round 2. Probably not.

If he comes out, he's a Top 20 pick, book it.

That was my thought, too. Too many QB needy teams going into next season.
Seems like there will be plenty of quality back-up QB's available
...