LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

The Texans are very close to being a playoff team in 2014. TB is the pick for them at number one,

Funny side note: so many mock drafts are playing loosy goosy with the idea of Clowney being the number one pick. Carve this out in stone...he will NOT be a top 5 pick in this draft. Way too many red flags, and in a draft heavy with solid OT's and teams with huge needs at QB, I wouldnt be surprised to see Clowney near the 10th overall selection come draft day.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Texans are very close to being a playoff team in 2014. TB is the pick for them at number one,

Funny side note: so many mock drafts are playing loosy goosy with the idea of Clowney being the number one pick. Carve this out in stone...he will NOT be a top 5 pick in this draft. Way too many red flags, and in a draft heavy with solid OT's and teams with huge needs at QB, I wouldnt be surprised to see Clowney near the 10th overall selection come draft day.

Sounds like Calias Campbell 2.0... Sure-fire top 5 pick going into his last season, then falls due to red flags and a sub-par final season. Seems like this happens often, and it's 50/50 wether the prospect flourishes (Campbell, Alshon Jeffery) or turns out worthless (Quinton Groves). Which will Clowney be? If I'm a betting man, I say he's going to be pretty special in this league.
The jags
That ESPN Mock or whatever it was had him going 8th
  • Veteran
Not us thats for sure.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
That ESPN Mock or whatever it was had him going 8th

more and more people at least on the inet having manziel now as first qb taken..and clowney as no1 overall.
I think TB still goes number one. Most pro-ready of the guys, and has the best accuracy. Should look really terrific in workouts. I know people are knocking him down the board, but at the end of the day, I think he emerges as the consensus best QB on the board. I'd say that BB makes a run to go at two or three. Then, Derek Carr and Manziel. Think all 4 will be off board in first 8 picks. Going to drive some really good players down the board
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think TB still goes number one. Most pro-ready of the guys, and has the best accuracy. Should look really terrific in workouts. I know people are knocking him down the board, but at the end of the day, I think he emerges as the consensus best QB on the board. I'd say that BB makes a run to go at two or three. Then, Derek Carr and Manziel. Think all 4 will be off board in first 8 picks. Going to drive some really good players down the board

Agreed. After the top 4 QBs in this draft class, there's a HUGE drop in talent. And with the Jaguars, Vikings, Texans, and Browns desperately needing a new starter, it makes perfect sense.
The Rams really hold all the cards in this draft. Sitting at number two, they are going to have a bidding war fall into their lap once the draft begins. In the end, they are going to get the player they want plus extra compensation.
With the way things are going for him right now, with the struggles he's had in offseason and private workouts, he could take quite a tumble down the boards.

Still stand by this statement? He still looks like a sure-fire top-3 selection.
If he falls to our pick. Call me crazy, but I wonder if we'd bite. Getting Bridgewater would give us leverage for Kap to take a reasonable deal. If Kap didn't, we'd still have a top tier backup able to replace him, cap space to resign other core players, and a 5th year option for Bridgewater to stay a few years for very cheap.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Apr 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone