There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It looks like Houston - unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse [sorry I didn't have any Godfather pics]

That will probably be the big drama of this year's draft on ESPN.

They need more than a QB, IMO. I wonder what would it take to get that pick?

2013: 1st,2nd,3rd
2014:2nd
2015:1st

Thats if your picks are in the 26-32 range.

You really have to want a Clowney.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
How good is this dude? How does he compare to recent quarterbacks coming out? Is he on Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin type of level? Or more on the level of Geno Smith/Ej Manuel?
I think it'll be Houston but I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see them get Clowney. Seeing Watt and Clowney on the same field would be really entertaining to watch.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Houston ends up with Bridgewater, I'm going to be pissed, they are truly one good QB away from being a very scary team.

I think that you are right.

Well, at least they are in the AFC.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10086866&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Beautiful play from the game last night. I mean his footwork is the best in the country, and that throw is so tough.

Footwork....dude that's horrible. Scrambling QB, yes hes probably #1 but in terms of QB mechanics, no. And it looked like he was throwing the ball up for grabs, big no no. Yes, he will most likely be the #1 overall pick, but honestly I'd rather have Kaepernick than Bridgewater.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Footwork....dude that's horrible. Scrambling QB, yes hes probably #1 but in terms of QB mechanics, no. And it looked like he was throwing the ball up for grabs, big no no. Yes, he will most likely be the #1 overall pick, but honestly I'd rather have Kaepernick than Bridgewater.

I disagree with you on that Kolohe. That was pretty solid footwork, not elite, but his pocket presence and elusiveness was fantastic. Also he saw a WR that was beyond wide open by any standards, NFL or college, and threw it as far as he could rather than take a sack. Copeland had about 3-5 yards at minimum on the DB at pretty much any point on that route and caught it falling out of the back corner of the end zone.

If you look at Bridgewater's face he knows he was lucky to get a TD out of it, there was better view of him on the ground sighing in relief but that was a great play by Bridgewater.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
How good is this dude? How does he compare to recent quarterbacks coming out? Is he on Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin type of level? Or more on the level of Geno Smith/Ej Manuel?

Don't sell EJ Manuel short. He may have been a questionable 1st round pick at the time, but he looks WAY better than Geno Smith. Geno is a turnover machine.
Rams have an outside shot at the #1 overall (thanks, Washington). Anyone think they'd replace Bradford? Or trade down for more picks?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think its almost a given now that Houston will get the first pick and it would be hard to imagine them not selecting Bridgewater.

Watch Cowher or Gruden decide they all of a sudden want to go back to coaching now.

I disagree completely. I think Bridgewater has very good footwork, he could stand to improve, but its not a major weakness. I don't consider him a scrambling QB at all. He's a true pocket quarterback every bit as much as Luck was, just because he happens to be pretty athletic doesn't make him a scrambling QB. He stays in the pocket and guns the ball out of there with good velocity and accuracy, even with the pass rush bearing down on him. To me he's the most complete QB by far in this draft.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Rams have an outside shot at the #1 overall (thanks, Washington). Anyone think they'd replace Bradford? Or trade down for more picks?
At first glance, it's an interesting question.

Then again: he played solid ball until his injury.
Ok, given his salary in the remaining two year of the contract, about 17m each, it's rational to think about a replacement (cut him in 2014 would hit at about 8m, means about 9m in savings).
Given that the upcoming draft is top-heavy at QB, I would rather draft a competitor in the 2nd round. They need another OT, Long is not that good and Saffold is a FA. Another Safety is also needed.

I don't want to rule out a QB-pick completely but I don't see Bradford as a problem for now.
Don't forget the St. Louis Rams. After week 14, they own the Redskins first round pick next year from the RGIII trade. That is the 2nd overall pick. Scary!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I disagree completely. I think Bridgewater has very good footwork, he could stand to improve, but its not a major weakness. I don't consider him a scrambling QB at all. He's a true pocket quarterback every bit as much as Luck was, just because he happens to be pretty athletic doesn't make him a scrambling QB. He stays in the pocket and guns the ball out of there with good velocity and accuracy, even with the pass rush bearing down on him. To me he's the most complete QB by far in this draft.

Your right, maybe hes not really a scrambling QB, but more balanced. But even when he scrambles, he looks a bit Kaepernick'ish. With that said, if I was a team picking in the top 10, I wouldn't draft Bridgewater, I'd draft the best O-line perhaps Taylor Lewan or Jake Matthews and then take two QB's in Derek Carr and Johnny Manziel (if though I don't like his character and off-field issues) or James Franklin. But that's just me.
The Texans would be stupid if they didn't take Bridgewater. Keenum is at best, a very good back up but clearly not their long term solution at QB. IMO, Houston will likely be one of the fastest teams to rebuild and bounce back - that's a stacked roster and once they get a better HC, their franchise QB, and fill in some of the other few holes that they have via the draft and FA next year, I wouldn't sleep on them. Could be a tough team again.

Washington however ....
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
The Texans would be stupid if they didn't take Bridgewater. Keenum is at best, a very good back up but clearly not their long term solution at QB. IMO, Houston will likely be one of the fastest teams to rebuild and bounce back - that's a stacked roster and once they get a better HC, their franchise QB, and fill in some of the other few holes that they have via the draft and FA next year, I wouldn't sleep on them. Could be a tough team again.

Washington however ....
This.