LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Mariota staying put at Oregon

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by schmons:
I heard this dude give an interview once and he did not come off sounding like a leader or a franchise qb. But that was the only interview I've seen of his and I am by no means a gm in the nfl.

He's a very shy guy, coaches had to force him to be more assertive in the huddle and be a more vocal leader. Dude's from hawaii, just a super laid-back guy. Doesn't mean he can't be a franchise qb though... that's kinda ridiculous.

lol for real. Mariota is really shy, I heard a lot about cause he is supposedly mormon (correct me if I'm wrong) but that is what I heard cause he supposedly considered BYU and was recruited by my Utes.

Lol I've never heard that rumor before... anyways can't wait to see him dominate for the Ducks again next year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Lol I've never heard that rumor before... anyways can't wait to see him dominate for the Ducks again next year.

yea not sure if it is true but it was in the midst of the Te'O hype from a couple of years ago and all the sports writers in Utah were fantasizing about "the BYU that could've been" if Te'o and Mariota and some other somewhat noteable recruits went to BYU. I just laughed at their stupidity.

Everything I've read and scene about Mariota, he seems nice but was he one of the players that was saying the Sugar bowl was no big deal in a kind of lackadaisical way? Cause De'Anothony Thomas and the others sounded like a tools when they said it the way they did.
Originally posted by sfout:

yea not sure if it is true but it was in the midst of the Te'O hype from a couple of years ago and all the sports writers in Utah were fantasizing about "the BYU that could've been" if Te'o and Mariota and some other somewhat noteable recruits went to BYU. I just laughed at their stupidity.

Everything I've read and scene about Mariota, he seems nice but was he one of the players that was saying the Sugar bowl was no big deal in a kind of lackadaisical way? Cause De'Anothony Thomas and the others sounded like a tools when they said it the way they did.

No that was Josh Huff and DAT that were saying that... don't like that they did but you can understand where they're coming from. They've been 1 win away from making it the past 3 years, only to have a heart-breaking loss very late in the season. Still, it's something they should've kept to themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone