There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st round CB prospects N ur thoughts ???

Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
is typing and that difficult?

Really is that all that u N others can KEEP b*tchin about ???? Ill type how i want dont like it dont read......

LOL I type like tha 2..idk y ppl care if they can tell wat we r actually saying..

Wow...Darwin was so, so wrong.
On topic Tadtwofl, My guy is Gilbert, he has the size, and speed. I also like Purifoy, Dennard, and Ekpre-Olomu in rd 1.

Later on in rd 2-7, I like Allen of Purdue, Jean-Baptise of Nebraska, Fuller and Exum of VA Tech. Roberson and Watkins of Florida. I also like Notre Dame's Bennett Jackson.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
On topic Tadtwofl, My guy is Gilbert, he has the size, and speed. I also like Purifoy, Dennard, and Ekpre-Olomu in rd 1.

Later on in rd 2-7, I like Allen of Purdue, Jean-Baptise of Nebraska, Fuller and Exum of VA Tech. Roberson and Watkins of Florida. I also like Notre Dame's Bennett Jackson.

i agree I also like exum..I kno he was injured but by the draft he should be right..also last year mock drafts had Roberson a first round pick..did he do that bad this year where is caused such a drop..?
Purifoy is too raw. Gilbert is more PR/KR than CB. I'd rather wait til later rounds and pick up an injury special like Exum late in the 3rd. Exum can play both corner and safety. If we re-sign Wright and restructure Rogers we'll have Wright, Brock, Rogers, Morris, and Cully. Exum could be swing safety or corner.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Purifoy is too raw. Gilbert is more PR/KR than CB. I'd rather wait til later rounds and pick up an injury special like Exum late in the 3rd. Exum can play both corner and safety. If we re-sign Wright and restructure Rogers we'll have Wright, Brock, Rogers, Morris, and Cully. Exum could be swing safety or corner.

I really have 2 watch highlights on ricardo allen..you are about the 6th person I hear talking about ricardo allen..

If he were 6 feet tall he'd be considered a potential 1st rounder, very good, hard-working, aggressive and feisty corner that plays bigger than he is.

could gilbert be the next rw mcquarters?
Originally posted by jreff22:
is typing and that difficult?

Really is that all that u N others can KEEP b*tchin about ???? Ill type how i want dont like it dont read......

LOL I type like tha 2..idk y ppl care if they can tell wat we r actually saying..

Itz that dumb human complex of somethin different frm them N tha rest so letz kill tha different pplz... WE MUST ALL BE ALIKE N NO 1 CAN BE DIFFERENT .....POOR LIL PPLZ HOW SAD !!!!

Actually, it's about communicating effectively so that your comments are heard and understood by the widest audience possible, thus increasing the number of insightful responses you will receive to your question about CB prospects. I don't believe anyone wants to "kill tha different pplz" ... but language needs to be somewhat consistently spoken and written among the pplz to avoid misunderstandings.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

this is geat bc u feel like this was my rection when I read what he wrote..lol
I like Purifoy. He's the most athletically gifted CB this year just because he's 6'1 189 and will probably run a sub 4.4. He's been excellent on ST sense he came to Florida so that would be immediate value. Over the course of the year we let him rotate at 3/4. Florida plays a technically demanding coverage at CB. I think press man will allow him to use his athleticism and ultimately make him more comfortable. The secondary coaches have done a great job with Brock, Brown, Reid, and Culliver. Purifoy is stronger and faster than them all.

Dennard would be the safest pick. He can play off man, press man, and run coverage. Very fast to the ball on bubble screen or when containment is lost on his side. He's generally in man but he knows how to see the QB while in coverage. Fluid transitions into the route, and rarely get confused. Nope I wouldn't mind at all.
Looking like a really good year for us to need a CB. Haven't taken one since 02 (Mike Rumph) so this could be the year. If Brown isn't back and Boldin is I probably take a CB over WR in the 1st. If we wanted might even be able to wait until the late 2nd and use ours/KC's pick on a CB and go WR/SS in the first. Depends on how comfortable we are with Patton as the 3rd WR (if Manningham not back) and how comfortable we would be with Wright, etc as the #3 at CB. Anyways, back to CB with Ekpre-Olomu, Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roby, Purifoy, etc we should still have a few options at the end of the 1st or like I said might be able to wait until the late 2nd and pick one of the guys AB mentioned earlier or one of the guys I mentioned if any left. If Whitner isn't back the only way I go SS in the first is if we take Clinton-Dix and convert him to SS. Probably not likely he is around at the end of the 1st though. I'm not sure any other SS (or FS to convert) is worth a 1st round grade.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looking like a really good year for us to need a CB. Haven't taken one since 02 (Mike Rumph) so this could be the year. If Brown isn't back and Boldin is I probably take a CB over WR in the 1st. If we wanted might even be able to wait until the late 2nd and use ours/KC's pick on a CB and go WR/SS in the first. Depends on how comfortable we are with Patton as the 3rd WR (if Manningham not back) and how comfortable we would be with Wright, etc as the #3 at CB. Anyways, back to CB with Ekpre-Olomu, Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roby, Purifoy, etc we should still have a few options at the end of the 1st or like I said might be able to wait until the late 2nd and pick one of the guys AB mentioned earlier or one of the guys I mentioned if any left. If Whitner isn't back the only way I go SS in the first is if we take Clinton-Dix and convert him to SS. Probably not likely he is around at the end of the 1st though. I'm not sure any other SS (or FS to convert) is worth a 1st round grade.

There's not IMO. CLinton-Dix is the only safety worth taking and he's going top 15. I would possibly consider Evans or Lee even if we had to trade up into the 15-25 range. We have the picks. You're right we will have few option for a CB at the end of the 1st. I feel will have more CB option then S or WR. I think there's a lot of mid 2nd early 3rd WR's but only Watkins, Lee, Evans in the first.

I also like Antoine Exum 6'2 228 from V tech. He's probably better fit at strong safety because he lacks the speed to cover the corner route. So you have to play him in off which would work fine on TE's.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My CB in the 1st would definitely be Justin Gilbert, seriously what's not to like about him, good speed and quickness, ball-hawk, much needed PR, feisty tackler. With that said, I really doubt he will be there when the 9ers pick, he's top 15 pick IMO. But if Justin Gilbert is not there like I expect him not to be, then Darqueze Dennard is a MUST, trade up, do something to get him. Dennard is pretty similar to Gilbert, but I think a little better in coverage.

And if neither are there when the 9ers pick, not to worry, there's lot's of CB talent in this draft. Ricardo Allen who I think is a lot like Walter Thurmond, could step right in as the 3rd corner if Brock so happen to leave. And a name I haven't seen around here, well probably because hes been injured is Kyle Fuller from Virgina Tech. He's another one of those aggressive corners with good measurables at 6' 200 lbs and very fast and a hitter. I also like EJ Gaines outta Missouri and Aaron Colvin, but I think hes more of Safety at the next level.

Well those are my picks and I hope the 9ers come away with one or two of them.
We should be asking who's the best CB prospect that can cover the slot. That's going to be the big vacancy in our defense soon.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home