LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

Underclassmen declared for the draft as of 11/30

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Oregon St. DE/OLB Scott Crichton and LSU DT Ego Ferguson have declared.

check out gabe Jackson in youtube versus Johnson and ferguson. guy manhandled them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbVY8VbKLjE
Thanks to a massive influx of underclassmen, what was a ridiculously weak WR class has just become one of the strongest in years. Even if they get Boldin to return, if the 49ers do not come out of this draft with at least ONE new top-level receiving target, I will be absolutely LIVID.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Thanks to a massive influx of underclassmen, what was a ridiculously weak WR class has just become one of the strongest in years. Even if they get Boldin to return, if the 49ers do not come out of this draft with at least ONE new top-level receiving target, I will be absolutely LIVID.

Same. They had a bit of a case in 2012 for the AJ Jenkins failure that the WR draft class was weak but this one will be very strong. There's plenty of quality prospects that should be in our reach such as Odell Beckham Jr, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. They cannot afford to miss again another miss, not with this class. It will speak further ineptitude of scouting for WRs and/or coaching.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Same. They had a bit of a case in 2012 for the AJ Jenkins failure that the WR draft class was weak but this one will be very strong. There's plenty of quality prospects that should be in our reach such as Odell Beckham Jr, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. They cannot afford to miss again another miss, not with this class. It will speak further ineptitude of scouting for WRs and/or coaching.

With all our picks and the sudden depth at the position.. frankly, I think we need to get TWO. One for the future, one for insurance.

The future: Boldin isn't getting any younger, he won't play forever.
Insurance: I hope Crabtree stays a Niner a long time, but no one can predict his re-signability right now. Additionally, we need extra insurance in case of injuries. We don't ever want to have the situation we had for most of this year, with no Patton, no Crabtree, no Manningham.

I have faith that Baalke will address this, because it would be beyond idiotic for us to not do so after what happened this year. The crop of players is to the point where it's like "Which potential future star would you like?" -- There are 5 at the top of my wish list, 10 altogether that I would be ecstatic to have.
Ronald Powell, OLB for Florida declares. Had him as a mid rounder in my first mock draft. Could be good depth
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here are the wide receivers and defensive backs who have declared.

Wide Receivers

Sammy Watkins WR 6-1, 205
Mike Evans WR 6-4, 225
Marqise Lee WR 6-0, 195
Allen Robinson WR 6-2, 205
Davante Adams WR 6-1, 200
Donte Moncrief WR 6-2, 225
Brandin Cooks WR 5-10, 175
Odell Beckham WR 5-11, 190
Jarvis Landry WR 6-0, 195
Paul Richardson WR 6-0, 170
Brandon Coleman WR 6-5, 220
D'Anthony Thomas WR 5-9, 170
Bruce Ellington WR 5-9, 200
Martavis Bryant WR 6-5, 200
Chris Boyd WR 6-3, 205
Austin Franklin WR 6-1, 205

Safeties

Dion Bailey SS 6-0, 200
Calvin Pryor FS 6-1, 210
Jonathan Dowling FS 6-2, 200

Corner Backs

Bradley Roby CB 5-10, 195
Louchiez Purifoy CB 6-0, 185
Marcus Roberson CB 5-11,195
Vic Hampton CB 5-10, 200
Terrance Mitchell CB 5-11, 190
Bashaud Breeland CB 6-0,195
Kam Jackson CB 5-9, 175
[ Edited by buck on Jan 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM ]
Lache Seastrunk, Baylor RB declares

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24400715/nfl-draft-lache-seastrunk-joining-nfl-party
UCF RB Storm Johnson riding out of college and into the NFL.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Lache Seastrunk, Baylor RB declares

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24400715/nfl-draft-lache-seastrunk-joining-nfl-party

RB class just got a good boost from those two
GBN reporting Ifo Ekpre-Olomu to stay in school for his senior season at Oregon.

Originally posted by tohara3:
I want this kid on the 49ers!

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by buck:
Clemson junior WR Martavis Bryant joined teammate Sammy Watkins by declaring for the NFL draft.

In a text message to beat writer Aaron Brenner, Bryant wrote "I have decided to enter the draft, it's best for me and my family." Bryant started the season slowly, losing opportunities at the catch point while dropping a few targets, but he progressed and started winning contested situations. That could be where he shines in the NFL, since he boasts a 6'5/200 pound frame.

Source: The Post and Courier

I want this kid on the 49ers!

Do we know what round Bryant is projected to be drafted prior to the combine & pro day info? I like his potential too.
  • buck
  • Veteran
With all our picks and the sudden depth at the position.. frankly, I think we need to get TWO. One for the future, one for insurance.

The future: Boldin isn't getting any younger, he won't play forever.
Insurance: I hope Crabtree stays a Niner a long time, but no one can predict his re-signability right now. Additionally, we need extra insurance in case of injuries. We don't ever want to have the situation we had for most of this year, with no Patton, no Crabtree, no Manningham.

I have faith that Baalke will address this, because it would be beyond idiotic for us to not do so after what happened this year. The crop of players is to the point where it's like "Which potential future star would you like?" -- There are 5 at the top of my wish list, 10 altogether that I would be ecstatic to have.

And I would use one of our late round picks to gamble on another wide receiver.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM ]

I would draft him just based on the name alone.
My top underclassmen left to decide.

QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
OT Cameron Erving, Florida State
OG David Yankey, Stanford
OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson
WR Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
OT Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
OT La'el Collins, LSU
RB Tre Mason, Auburn
FS Ed Reynolds, Stanford
SS Jordan Richards, Stanford
RB James Wilder Jr., Florida State
CB Tim Scott, North Carolina
OLB Carl Bradford, Arizona State
WR Rashad Greene, Florida State
WR Kasen Williams, Washington
TE Xavier Grimble, USC
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I would draft him just based on the name alone.

Share 49ersWebzone