The 49ers are very fortunate to have relatively minor needs all around. Some in my eyes:
More Immediate needs
- Deep threat wideout to complement existing group. Oddly enough, I think they may want to reduce the cap value on its WR group by dumping either Boldin or Manningham.
- CB to replace Carlos Rodgers
- Another safety for depth and/or insurance on the existing guys. We don't want Dahl out there any longer than is necessary.
Nice to Haves
- Backup to Kaepernick to bring along.
- Depth along the defensive line.
- TE project to fill the Delanie role.
- Another return specialist.
CB seems pretty deep this draft, so I'm wondering if the 49ers are a candidate to do what they did last year and swing a deal to move up and grab the CB of its choice in round 1. Honestly I think they need someone to matchup against the speedier WR's of the Seahawks in Harvin and Tate.
About going WR early, consider that next season Patton and MacDonald will be one more year into their pro careers in addition to Crabtree being fully healthy.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Nov 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM ]