There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB81's 2nd 1 Round 2014 Mock Draft

http://pigskinprospects.com/2013/11/26/jasons-latest-1-round-2014-mock-draft-as-of-november-26th-2013/

1. Houston Texans – 2-9 – QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

It's obvious that Matt Schaub isn't the future for the Texans at QB, and if the Texans keep the #1 pick, it's got to be Bridgewater.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – 2-9 – QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon

Mariota isn't the most polished QB in this draft, but he may have the highest upside. And the Jags need to find a true answer at QB, as Gabbert and Henne are clearly not the answers.

3. Atlanta Falcons – 2-9 – DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina

The Falcons need help along the front 7, and Clowney is the best DE in this draft, and the best defensive player in this year class.

4. Minnesota Vikings – 2-8-1 – OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA

The Vikings have a question mark at OLB. Is it Erin Henderson, Desmond Bishop, or who? Both are on 1-year contracts, and neither have the capability that Barr has.

5. St. Louis Rams (f/Washington Redskins) – OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M

The Rams have an uncertainty in Rodger Saffold at RT, and Matthews has the potential to play on the right side, and left side, so it makes sense.

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 3-8 – OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan

The Buccaneers could use another top tier Tackle, so Lewan makes sense.

7. Oakland Raiders – 4-7 – WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson

Might be a steal, and the Raiders lack explosiveness, and just plain great weapons, and if Terrelle Pryor is to succeed at QB, he needs better weapons.

8. Cleveland Brown – 4-7 – QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

The Browns need a franchise QB, and Manziel has the potential to be just that, and this makes sense all around.

9. New York Giants – 4-7 – DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame

The Giants need many things, but DL help is at the top, in my opinion, thus Tuitt makes sense. They lost Osi Umenyiora, so this makes a lot of sense.

10. Buffalo Bills – 4-7 – DT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame

The Bills could use another big body DT. They have a great front 7, and great front 4. They cut Mark Anderson in the offseason, so they could have a dynamic DL in Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, and now Louis Nix III.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers – 5-6 – OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

The Steelers have a serious need for youth along the O-Line. And Kouandjio is among the best Tackle prospects in the nation, and thus it makes sense.

12. Baltimore Ravens – 5-6 – WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M

The Ravens need more weapons for Joe Flacco to succeed. They traded away Anquan Boldin, who is doing great in San Francisco, so they get a dynamic WR in Evans.

13. San Diego Chargers – 5-6 – OG David Yankey, Stanford

The Chargers lost Louis Vasquez in free agency, so they have a need at Guard, and Yankey is my top OG in this class.

14. New York Jets – 5-6 – OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo

The Jets need youth along the linebacker core. And Mack is a dynamic play making OLB. So it makes sense to me.

15. Tennessee Titans – 5-6 – CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State

The Titans lost Cortland Finnegan 2 offseasons ago, and never really replaced him, so now they do so, by getting Roby, and teaming him with McCoutry.

16. Miami Dolphins – 5-6 – OT Cameron Erving, Florida State

It's clear Tyson Clabo isn't the answer at Tackle, so they get a young, stud LT, who has tremendous upside.

17. St. Louis Rams – 5-6 – QB Brett Hundley, UCLA

A bit of a surprise indeed. But Sam Bradford to me isn't the future. He hasn't produced, and is injury prone. This pick may not be the most likely, but it makes sense to me.

18. Green Bay Packers – 5-5-1 – CB Lochiez Purifoy, Florida

The Packers need secondary help, and CB is among the top needs. So Purifoy makes sense. Dynamic CB, who has speed, and good size.

19. Detroit Lions – 6-5 – CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon

The Lions still need CB depth, and Ekpre-Olomu will step in as a starter right away.

20. Philadelphia Eagles – 6-5 – FS Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama

The Eagles are in need a true stud Safety. And Clinton-Dix is just that.

21. Chicago Bears – 6-5 – ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama

The Bears need to replace Brian Urlacher, who was clearly low-balled, and he decided to retire, so they get younger at ILB. And Mosley is just that, plus he can play Inside and Outside.

22. Dallas Cowboys – 6-5 – OLB Trent Murphy, Stanford

The Cowboys may need a OLB/DE if Anthony Spencer leaves after 2013. Plus Murphy is younger, and cheaper compared to Spencer.

23. Cincinnati Bengals – 7-4 – OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson

The Bengals get younger at OLB, and Beasley is a dynamic pass rusher.

24. Arizona Cardinals – 7-4 – QB Zach Mettenberger, LSU

The Cards need a franchise QB, and clearly Carson Palmer isn't the future, but he can be a great mentor for Mettenberger.

25. Cleveland Browns (f/Indianapolis Colts) – WR Marqise Lee, USC

The Browns seem likely to trade Josh Gordon in the offseason, so this makes sense to get a play maker at WR.

26. San Francisco 49ers – 7-4 – CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State

The 49ers need CB help, they did lock up Tramaine Brock, but Carlos Rogers has a large cap number, and could be a cap cut, and Tarell Brown could leave for more money than the 49ers can afford.

27. Carolina Panthers – 8-3 – OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee

The Panthers could use a new Tackle, with Jordan Gross not exactly spectacular.

28. New England Patriots – 8-3 – DT DaQuan Jones, Penn State

The Pats could use more D-Line help. And Vince Wilfork isn't getting any younger.

29. Kansas City Chiefs – 9-2 – DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State

The Chiefs need to replace Glenn Dorsey, who left for San Fran, and has played really good there, so it makes sense to get younger with Jernigan.

30. New Orleans Saints – 9-2 – DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota

The Saints need more youth among the D-Line, and Hageman is a riser, who could rise up farther come May 2014.

31. Denver Broncos – 9-2 – OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

The Broncos need more talent at OLB, and a better pass rusher, plus with so much talent, this could be a luxury pick.

32. Seattle Seahawks – 10-1 – TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

The Seahawks have struck out with Zach Miller, so they get my top TE in Amaro, a play maker.
Nice mock.
I don't mind the pick but if Ra'Shede Hageman is there when the 49ers pick I'd have a hard time passing him up.
nice. where is Carr, the qb?
"15. Tennessee Titans – 5-6 – CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State The Titans lost Cortland Finnegan 2 offseasons ago, and never really replaced him, so now they do so, by getting Roby, and teaming him with McCoutry."

Alterraun Verner is the Titans other CB. I don't see them going CB early, both their guys have played well, Verner has been a true shutdown corner.

7. Oakland Raiders – 4-7 – WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson Might be a steal, and the Raiders lack explosiveness, and just plain great weapons, and if Terrelle Pryor is to succeed at QB, he needs better weapons.

That is a total reach for need pick.
Mike Evans will be a top 8 pick. Book it.
IMO, good call on the Rams taking a QB w/their second, 1st round pick. Bradford isn't the answer for them. Although, I hope they don't take another QB since I'm not worried about Bradford at all.

Also the Cards taking a QB - same story.

Gilbert would be an excellent pick for us. He'll be a fine addition to Wright, Cully, Brock. I think Carlos will be in the wind and Brown will look to get $$$.

Do you see Lee falling to 25 and if he hits 20 do you think we'd move up to get him?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, good call on the Rams taking a QB w/their second, 1st round pick. Bradford isn't the answer for them. Although, I hope they don't take another QB since I'm not worried about Bradford at all.

Also the Cards taking a QB - same story.

Gilbert would be an excellent pick for us. He'll be a fine addition to Wright, Cully, Brock. I think Carlos will be in the wind and Brown will look to get $$$.

Do you see Lee falling to 25 and if he hits 20 do you think we'd move up to get him?

Thanks willy. If Lee falls, I can see us attempting a trade up for him. Depends on who we covet the most. Right now I feel CB is a higher need. I think we can retain both MM and Boldin, so a WR would be in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds.
I love the Justin Gilbert pick. We need a guy who is a pick magnet and can give our offense even more possessions.
Oh man - only one pick away from Marqise Lee! I know he's been a bit "down" due to injury and crappy USC teams, but this kid is a baller... he has the potential to be a special pro imo.

PS - I'm all for CB/secondary, but Lee is so tantalizing
If I were a betting man right now, I'd say the draft goes something like this in the first handful of picks:

1. Texans- Bridgewater
2. Raiders (from Rams via Redskins)- Carr
3. Falcons- Matthews
4. Vikings- Barr
5. Rams (from Raiders)- Erving
6. Jags- Watkins
7. Browns- Bortles
8. Bills- Clowney
9. Bucs- Mack
10. Steelers- Dennard
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I love the Justin Gilbert pick. We need a guy who is a pick magnet and can give our offense even more possessions.

so this guy is a ballhawk? i was really hoping for a WR in the first