There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Zach Mettenberger joins Aaron Murray in the SEC QB w/ torn ACL club

• sfout
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10029963/georgia-bulldogs-aaron-murray-torn-acl-return

ATHENS, Ga. – Aaron Murray's record-breaking college career is over.Georgia sports communications director Claude Felton confirmed on Sunday that the senior quarterback tore the ACL in his left knee in Saturday's 59-17 win against Kentucky and will miss next Saturday's regular-season finale against Georgia Tech, as well as the Bulldogs' bowl game.Murray will undergo surgery to repair the knee on Tuesday, but will face a lengthy rehabilitation process.He will not compete in a postseason all-star game -- Bulldogs tight end Arthur Lynch said earlier this week that he and Murray planned to play in the Senior Bowl in January -- or the mid-February NFL combine during the run-up to the draft, which begins May 8.

Tough break - now he'll slide and definitely be picked up as project QB or very delayed plan B for coaches on the hot seat.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10076730/zach-mettenberger-lsu-tigers-torn-acl

LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger suffered a torn ACL and an MCL sprain during the Tigers' 31-27 victory last week over Arkansas, multiple sources told ESPN. The school confirmed Wednesday that Mettenberger will miss the Tigers' bowl game but did not disclose specifics about the injury, per school policy.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
Bummer for him, but he's shown enough up till now to get drafted by someone in the middle rounds.
Okay that means were picking him up
Hello 5th to 6th round status.
A torn ACL in college, sounds like a niner to me.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Bummer for him, but he's shown enough up till now to get drafted by someone in the middle rounds.

Sounds like he'll have about 6 months to get ready for the draft but he'll probably miss the combine
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hello 5th to 6th round status.

That's absolutely fine with me, major steal IMO!!!!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This
Originally posted by Kolohe:
That's absolutely fine with me, major steal IMO!!!!
though, i dont think he will fall that deep. he played plenty of games this season.
think, he will be gone by the 5th round.
I think he could be a good nfl qb. I like him over a lot of the top guys.
Originally posted by communist:
though, i dont think he will fall that deep. he played plenty of games this season.
think, he will be gone by the 5th round.

I doubt it, the injury just put him behind every major QB prospect, of which there's a lot. Already there's people doubting whether he'll be a starting QB at the next level. 5th round sounds about right, could very well end up dropping into the 6th round depending on how his recovery goes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000282075/article/georgia-qb-aaron-murray-seen-by-many-as-backup-scout-says

"His size, however, is a question mark at 6-1, 208 pounds, and the AFC scout said he isn't enamored with Murray's arm strength, either.

"Backup quarterback in the league. Short, average arm and a good college quarterback," the scout added. "He can start in stretches but would be better as a backup."

NFL Media draft analyst Gil Brandt ranks Murray as the draft's 17th-best senior.
"
steal in the 5th! sucks that he got injured though. would've loved to watch him in the offseason games.
that sucks..id say take him in the 5th but im soo tired of drafting hurt players..looks like im hoping for Stephen morris or Logan Thomas in the 4th with our comp pick for delanie walker..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I doubt it, the injury just put him behind every major QB prospect, of which there's a lot. Already there's people doubting whether he'll be a starting QB at the next level. 5th round sounds about right, could very well end up dropping into the 6th round depending on how his recovery goes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000282075/article/georgia-qb-aaron-murray-seen-by-many-as-backup-scout-says

"His size, however, is a question mark at 6-1, 208 pounds, and the AFC scout said he isn't enamored with Murray's arm strength, either.

"Backup quarterback in the league. Short, average arm and a good college quarterback," the scout added. "He can start in stretches but would be better as a backup."

NFL Media draft analyst Gil Brandt ranks Murray as the draft's 17th-best senior.
"
its another story, if he was really regarded as a backup-qb.
if not, the recovery must be very crappy to fall that deep. an injury at the end of the season doesnt erase your Talent.

Originally posted by communist:
its another story, if he was really regarded as a backup-qb.
if not, the recovery must be very crappy to fall that deep. an injury at the end of the season doesnt erase your Talent.

his size is not questionable at all. Wilson and brees prove it on.every sunday.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]
---
[ Edited by communist on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]