LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

Hate to say this but i would LOVE for the 49ers to get DGB in the 1st. Kevin White is a safer pick but you cannot deny this mans talent/potential. Also i feel it in my bones that if he falls to pick 31 or 32 the seahawks will snatch him up. Imagine Russell Wilson with an actual #1 WR. We drafted Aj Jenkins in the 1st round, DGB won't be worse than Aj Jenkins.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This.

Stephon Hill
Tommy Streeter
Jonathan Baldwin
Reggie Williams
Charles Rogers
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Mike Williams
Matt Jones

All of these guys were known for either their height/speed combo. Some for both, some for one.
My point being is that DGB, and the WR listed above were not developed as WR's coming out of college. They depended on their raw talent to be successful.
DGB does the same exact thing, the tapes I watch do not show somebody who should draw comparisons to Calvin, AJ Green, or any other tall successful WR in the NFL.

I am shocked DBG declared for the draft, in my opinion it is going to cost him his football career. This guy has bust written all over him.

Most of those guys didn't have height speed combo. Reggie and Mike Williams ran like tight ends. Others you're really stretching on big they were. Some you have a legitimate complaint on but everyone has bust potential. I can give you a 5 page list of 5'10 busts too. AJ Jenkins was a bust let's avoid anyone who's similar to him in size and ability.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:08 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here are some production numbers for highly rated wide receivers in the 2015 draft.

The numbers are from the last two years they played in college.

The first table is ordered by YARDS/G.
The second table is ordered by YARDS/REC

[ Edited by buck on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Here are some production numbers for highly rated wide receivers in the 2015 draft.

Thanks Who do you think would help SF the most? Now and in the long-term?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Thanks Who do you think would help SF the most? Now and in the long-term?

As of today, I am not sure.

White improved dramatically from 2013 to 2014. Apparently, Parker has exceptional hands.

Coates needs work. DGB has had off-the-field issues.

He already wears #15 ....
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I want him. Worse come to worse just throw it high up to him like Cam did With Kelvin Benjamin this year. s**t worked. I this DB is faster than Benjamin.
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone_80 Jan 28
But for my #49ers followers, watch Dorial Green-Beckham at @draftbreakdown. Then power up Game Rewind and watch Kap in 2012-13.
Can't catch a fade from a jail cell.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Can't catch a fade from a jail cell.

Is that you Aaron Hernandez?

He was a freshman and sophomore though. Really his sophomore year is pretty identical to Calvin's.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

He was a freshman and sophomore though. Really his sophomore year is pretty identical to Calvin's.

He did not play last year. I used the numbers for the last two years that he played.

Kevin White played his first two years of college football at a community college.

Parker missed the first seven 7 games this year due to injury.

We need this kids size and skill, receivers under 6 feet are not needed.
Originally posted by pd24:
I want him. Worse come to worse just throw it high up to him like Cam did With Kelvin Benjamin this year. s**t worked. I this DB is faster than Benjamin.

Completely agree with your statement. Kap NEEDS this type of weapon.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
We need this kids size and skill, receivers under 6 feet are not needed.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone