LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

I would absolutely love this guy!!! But Baalke hasn't nor would he ever pull the trigger on a big body WR(Which is flat out stupid of him)
But his two last names are Green = AJ Green and Beckham = Odell Beckham clearly he is a combination of both
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Tyrann Matthieu not only cleaned up his attitude before he got to the NFL, but his attitude is a non-factor. And you cannot compare Matthieu anywhere near to what DGB cases have been.

Tyrann Mathieu was a drug addict. He had as much baggage as any prospect in the last decade.

There's no formula for this. Some players become a Randy Moss; some players become a Darrell Russell. It's a gamble. But if he didn't have the baggage, he would be the 4th pick in the draft at the latest. He's that good.

Drug addict?? It was weed, but the point is, is that he's cleaned up way before in came into the NFL and has not been a head case but an actual leader on Arizona's defense. DGB and his domestic abuse is not tolerated in the NFL by any means, tell me who would you draft, a repeated domestic offender or someone who has smoked weed but since cleaned up his act??

And actually there is a formula, draft high class stand up players, draft low off-field issue players-low risk high reward. DGB is someone I wouldn't touch until the 6th or 7th round.

Besides, there's a bunch of receivers to go after, no need to fall in love with someone like DGB:

1st to 4th round receivers
Sammie Coates
Jalen Strong
Kevin White
Devante Parker
Ty Montgomery
Austin Hill
Rashad Greene
But DGB has seemed to clean up his act since transferring to Oklahoma. Dez Bryant had huge character concerns and is arguably one of the best receivers in the league. Aaron Lynch had character concerns and has turned out just fine so far. Talent wise he is a top 5 pick character wise he is a huge risk. Let's see if he declares and then see how he interviews at the combine to decide if he is worth the risk.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
But DGB has seemed to clean up his act since transferring to Oklahoma. Dez Bryant had huge character concerns and is arguably one of the best receivers in the league. Aaron Lynch had character concerns and has turned out just fine so far. Talent wise he is a top 5 pick character wise he is a huge risk. Let's see if he declares and then see how he interviews at the combine to decide if he is worth the risk.

If he declares, .........

When will people learn, head cases never help your team. And it's also not YOUR money being invested into a head case of a player, if it was I'd bet you'd think long and hard and most likely pass on someone like him.

Ray McDonald being cut, should give you an indication that DGB is not gonna be a 49er any time soon.

Your right lets have a team full of Tim Tebows

We won't win anything, but dag nab it we will be the nicest football team around....
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]

Am I doing it right?

hello Lynch fell to tha 5th round cuz he had/has issuez ... frm what ive read he even had issues in a team meetin at tha NFL combine before tha draft
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
hello Lynch fell to tha 5th round cuz he had/has issuez ... frm what ive read he even had issues in a team meetin at tha NFL combine before tha draft

Hi. My point was he didn't cause any problems this year. And you ignored Dez Bryant point because it didn't support your arguement?
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Hi. My point was he didn't cause any problems this year. And you ignored Dez Bryant point because it didn't support your arguement?

no i ignored it cuz Dez aint a 49er N probably never will be ....

Originally posted by NYniner85:
When will people learn, head cases never help your team. And it's also not YOUR money being invested into a head case of a player, if it was I'd bet you'd think long and hard and most likely pass on someone like him.

Ray McDonald being cut, should give you an indication that DGB is not gonna be a 49er any time soon.

We won't win anything, but dag nab it we will be the nicest football team around....
LoL you`re right,you know some PEOPLE never forgive you if you Make a Mistake and yet they don`t even look at the Mistake they have made,its like they are some goodie-two shoes who somehow think they have the RIGHT to not forgive and move on or even try to help the person who made the mistake..you know what I mean.
I came in to post what I have seen some already said. DGB looks like he can have Dez Bryant impact in the NFL. We need explosive players to beat SEA. I would love to land both Melvin Gordon in the first and DGB in the second. If I can only have one it is tough but we do have Hyde and Kendall Hunter so I might say DGB. This guy we can draft have him hang out all summer with Kap and get him the ball. We need this beast!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I came in to post what I have seen some already said. DGB looks like he can have Dez Bryant impact in the NFL. We need explosive players to beat SEA. I would love to land both Melvin Gordon in the first and DGB in the second. If I can only have one it is tough but we do have Hyde and Kendall Hunter so I might say DGB. This guy we can draft have him hang out all summer with Kap and get him the ball. We need this beast!

He can definitely help keep the crazy girls off of Kap...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

LoL you`re right,you know some PEOPLE never forgive you if you Make a Mistake and yet they don`t even look at the Mistake they have made,its like they are some goodie-two shoes who somehow think they have the RIGHT to not forgive and move on or even try to help the person who made the mistake..you know what I mean.

For one, forgiving is not the issue as you can see the 9ers forgave Aldon Smith and Ray Mac. It's the repeated mistakes that have kept owners and GM's stay away from players that have off-field issues such as DGB.

And regarding the Tebow comment, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Frank Gore and Navarro Bowman are four of the toughest, All-Pro stand up players in the NFL and they do it without any drama in case you people didn't notice.

I'm not sure why I even continue to argue with this, everyone pissed and moaned when Aldon Smith was arrested and suspended and yet people ignored how that has hurt the team.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Let me ask you this how huge were Dez Bryant's character concerns?? DGB huge or Aaron Lynch huge?? And how has he divided a locker room or been suspended in the NFL??
Share 49ersWebzone