There are 300 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Traded away already. Hasn't developed his route running and was half assing it for the Titans. Traded to Philly for a backup tackle that was a 5th round pick in 2012.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/08/16/titans-trade-dorial-green-beckham/88692902/

The Titans had seen enough.

Fed up with his inconsistency and in desperate need of depth along the offensive line, the Titans traded wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham to the Eagles on Tuesday for offensive lineman Dennis Kelly.

The ultra-talented Green-Beckham, the Titans' second-round pick a year ago, was in line for a starting position heading into his second season but struggled with consistency and was passed on the depth chart by fifth-round rookie Tajae Sharpe.

Originally posted by jrg:
Lol DGB will be a top WR in the NFL within the next 3 years.

Not trying to gloat, but called it

its cool man..you were correct and believe me I was one of the many saying DGB will be great (still can be but as it looks he is being the person a lot thought) I loved his height and speed combination and thought if he cleaned up his act he would be special and dominate..i think I just wish the niners could draft a Demarious Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, type of WR I guess lol

but on the bright side Tennessee might be worse at drafting WRs then the niners..whoch is pretty bad if so lol
[ Edited by jersey49er on Aug 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
its cool man..you were correct and believe me I was one of the many saying DGB will be great (still can be but as it looks he is being the person a lot thought) I loved his height and speed combination and thought if he cleaned up his act he would be special and dominate..i think I just wish the niners could draft a Demarious Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, type of WR I guess lol

but on the bright side Tennessee might be worse at drafting WRs then the niners..whoch is pretty bad if so lol

No way. They drafted Sharpe and Wright. We drafted Ellington, Patton, Smelter and Burbridge. And it's not like DGB had a bad rookie year. Just lacks the commitment that is needed
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

No way. They drafted Sharpe and Wright. We drafted Ellington, Patton, Smelter and Burbridge. And it's not like DGB had a bad rookie year. Just lacks the commitment that is needed

the only WR drafted high by the Niners was Jenkins and Crabtree the others were 4th rd or later, the titans have used a 1st rd pick on Kenny Britt who I like still, 1st rd pick on Kendall Wright who is a number 2, 2nd rd picks on Justin Hunter, DGB, and I'm sure more

Already calling it?

The trade looks pretty bad, but again as a 2nd round pick I'm not ready to call him a bust. Its not like he was a top 10 pick.

Compare him to past 2nd round WRs:

2013: Justin Hunter (1100 yards in 3 years, passed up by DGB), Woods (1800 yards in 3 years), Dobson (700 yards in 3 seasons)
2012: Quick (900 yards in 4 years), Hill (600 yards in 4 years), Jeffery (3700 yards in 4 years), Broyles (420 yards in 4 years), Randle (2600 yards in 4 years)
2011: Titus Young (1000 yards in 5 years), Torrey Smith (4,250 yards in 5 years), Little (1900 yards in 5 years), Cobb (3800 yards in 5 years)

So in a 3 year period you have bit time hits:
Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Cobb

Decent hits: Randle, Woods, Little

And busts: Hunter, Dobson, Quick, Hill, Broyles, Young

DGB, at least statistically, seems to be well on his way to be a decent 2nd round WR (which is in the range of a 600-800 yard per season WR)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Already calling it?

The trade looks pretty bad, but again as a 2nd round pick I'm not ready to call him a bust. Its not like he was a top 10 pick.

Compare him to past 2nd round WRs:

2013: Justin Hunter (1100 yards in 3 years, passed up by DGB), Woods (1800 yards in 3 years), Dobson (700 yards in 3 seasons)
2012: Quick (900 yards in 4 years), Hill (600 yards in 4 years), Jeffery (3700 yards in 4 years), Broyles (420 yards in 4 years), Randle (2600 yards in 4 years)
2011: Titus Young (1000 yards in 5 years), Torrey Smith (4,250 yards in 5 years), Little (1900 yards in 5 years), Cobb (3800 yards in 5 years)

So in a 3 year period you have bit time hits:
Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Cobb

Decent hits: Randle, Woods, Little

And busts: Hunter, Dobson, Quick, Hill, Broyles, Young

DGB, at least statistically, seems to be well on his way to be a decent 2nd round WR (which is in the range of a 600-800 yard per season WR)

He was taken 10 picks after the pick AJ Jenkins was picked at.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
He was taken 10 picks after the pick AJ Jenkins was picked at.

And already has 300 more yards than him.

Receiver is a diva position and his trade may be more of a personality problem. He had a decent rookie season. You can't expect arm chair GM's to project that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 2, 2016 at 7:19 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Reportedly on the outside looking in when it comes to making the Eagles roster.

Dude's been a major disappointment. All the talent in the world but he's like the Scarecrow, the Lion and the Tin Man all in one, soft, no heart and not very bright.

It's difficult to see Green-Beckham making the cut. While Agholor still carries a salary-cap hit ($2,557,465) for 2017, Green-Beckham would cost the Eagles nothing if released. If he doesn't get the message this year, he never will. He has relied on his natural abilities and size for a long time, but those alone aren't enough in the NFL. Green-Beckham had success with basically one route – the slant – last season. He dropped as many passes as Agholor, and was particularly woeful in the red zone, where you would think his size would be an advantage.

You put Paul Turner's heart and head in Green-Beckham's body and you might have a Pro Bowl receiver.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Philadelphia-Eagles-positional-reviews-Alshon-Jeffery-wide-receivers.html?amphtml=y&mobi=true

Dude's been a major disappointment. All the talent in the world but he's like the Scarecrow, the Lion and the Tin Man all in one, soft, no heart and not very bright.

It's difficult to see Green-Beckham making the cut. While Agholor still carries a salary-cap hit ($2,557,465) for 2017, Green-Beckham would cost the Eagles nothing if released. If he doesn't get the message this year, he never will. He has relied on his natural abilities and size for a long time, but those alone aren't enough in the NFL. Green-Beckham had success with basically one route – the slant – last season. He dropped as many passes as Agholor, and was particularly woeful in the red zone, where you would think his size would be an advantage.

You put Paul Turner's heart and head in Green-Beckham's body and you might have a Pro Bowl receiver.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Philadelphia-Eagles-positional-reviews-Alshon-Jeffery-wide-receivers.html?amphtml=y&mobi=true

Yep, now its time to call him a bust
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yep, now its time to call him a bust

El Busto Grande!

Its really crazy how some guys can have such insane physical talent that if they keep their head on straight and do a bit of work, they are millionaire athletes, and yet they can't even do that....

Coming out of highschool, this dude was THE biggest recruit. One of the guys that made people wonder if making football players wait 3 years for the draft was a dumb rule, and if he could go straight to the NFL.
Annnnnnnnd cut.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/30/eagles-waive-dorial-green-beckham/

Heading into a long weekend that will end with our annual celebration of the United States gaining its independence from the United Kingdom, wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham has been granted his independence from the Eagles.

The team announced on Friday that Green-Beckham has been placed on waivers. Quarterback Dane Evans was signed in a corresponding roster move.
Originally posted by jrg:
this makes me sad

So many of us, myself included, were so pissed when the 9ers did not draft him.

I am not going to lie, I would still bring him into camp, but obviously, he must have a screw loose or a work ethic problem.
what's been his problem?
Share 49ersWebzone