There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - Missouri

This gal says he'll have to sit out a year. The conversation makes it sound like DGB will sit in 2014.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This is actually a great example that I should have used. Jeffery and Bryant both have a very physical style of play, their ability to manhandle opposing DBs and get great position is part of why they are both pro-bowlers. DGB is about as physical as DeSean Jackson. From the 8 games I watched of his yesterday he is constantly getting bumped off his routes and having to readjust.
In the case of Jeffery and Bryant, they both fight off CBs and make it easier on themselves when the ball is thrown their way, thus giving them better positing for the ball.
DGB does not, he tends to play around the secondary whereas Bryant and Jeffery play through them. I have yet to see him shed a bump off the line or use his frame to get position. (other than jump balls)
In all honesty he reminds me a lot of the Seahawks pick Paul Richardson.

I think his lack of separation comes from his inability to play more of a physical role which is surprising to me given his frame. If he can learn to use his arms/body more rather than his height and speed, I think he is going to do very well at OU.

Well keep in mind the guy was only a sophomore. Speed usually isn't something that can get better over time (unless you're using PEDs), but toughness is; toughness is mostly a mental thing. He's listed at 6'6 225. That's actually not very thick at all. He may need to put on a few pounds of muscle & develop a little nastiness to his game, which freshmen & sophomores rarely have.
  • buck
  • Veteran
NCAA denies Dorial Green-Beckham waiver to play in 2014

Green-Beckham will be eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft as a third-year sophomore

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381946/article/ncaa-denies-dorial-greenbeckham-wavier-to-play-in-2014
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The denial of the waiver does not mean he won't pull a Josh Gordon and jump to the NFL after "behaving" for a year and doing well in practice.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
The denial of the waiver does not mean he won't pull a Josh Gordon and jump to the NFL after "behaving" for a year and doing well in practice.

I tend to think that he will enter the draft.

I do not know if he will continue to practice or if he will stay out of trouble.

There is a long time between now and the draft.

• buck
  • Veteran
Oklahoma redshirt sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham's appeal for immediate eligibility has been denied.

The school released the news via twitter, adding it accepts the decision. Green-Beckham transferred from Missouri this offseason, following a recent off-field issue. The Sooner prospect applied for a waiver appeal from the NCAA almost two weeks ago, but with the recent denial, it's possible he could enter the 2015 draft.

In fact, we expect him to leave Oklahoma without playing a down for the team.

He will be allowed to practice with the Sooners all season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/33834/dorial-green-beckhams-appeal-denied-by-ncaa

It will help him, if he does practice with the Sooners all season.