There are 181 users in the forums

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - FREE AGENT

This gal says he'll have to sit out a year. The conversation makes it sound like DGB will sit in 2014.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This is actually a great example that I should have used. Jeffery and Bryant both have a very physical style of play, their ability to manhandle opposing DBs and get great position is part of why they are both pro-bowlers. DGB is about as physical as DeSean Jackson. From the 8 games I watched of his yesterday he is constantly getting bumped off his routes and having to readjust.
In the case of Jeffery and Bryant, they both fight off CBs and make it easier on themselves when the ball is thrown their way, thus giving them better positing for the ball.
DGB does not, he tends to play around the secondary whereas Bryant and Jeffery play through them. I have yet to see him shed a bump off the line or use his frame to get position. (other than jump balls)
In all honesty he reminds me a lot of the Seahawks pick Paul Richardson.

I think his lack of separation comes from his inability to play more of a physical role which is surprising to me given his frame. If he can learn to use his arms/body more rather than his height and speed, I think he is going to do very well at OU.

Well keep in mind the guy was only a sophomore. Speed usually isn't something that can get better over time (unless you're using PEDs), but toughness is; toughness is mostly a mental thing. He's listed at 6'6 225. That's actually not very thick at all. He may need to put on a few pounds of muscle & develop a little nastiness to his game, which freshmen & sophomores rarely have.
  • buck
  • Veteran
NCAA denies Dorial Green-Beckham waiver to play in 2014

Green-Beckham will be eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft as a third-year sophomore

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381946/article/ncaa-denies-dorial-greenbeckham-wavier-to-play-in-2014
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The denial of the waiver does not mean he won't pull a Josh Gordon and jump to the NFL after "behaving" for a year and doing well in practice.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
The denial of the waiver does not mean he won't pull a Josh Gordon and jump to the NFL after "behaving" for a year and doing well in practice.

I tend to think that he will enter the draft.

I do not know if he will continue to practice or if he will stay out of trouble.

There is a long time between now and the draft.

• buck
  • Veteran
Oklahoma redshirt sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham's appeal for immediate eligibility has been denied.

The school released the news via twitter, adding it accepts the decision. Green-Beckham transferred from Missouri this offseason, following a recent off-field issue. The Sooner prospect applied for a waiver appeal from the NCAA almost two weeks ago, but with the recent denial, it's possible he could enter the 2015 draft.

In fact, we expect him to leave Oklahoma without playing a down for the team.

He will be allowed to practice with the Sooners all season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/33834/dorial-green-beckhams-appeal-denied-by-ncaa

It will help him, if he does practice with the Sooners all season.
Part of me thinks Charles Rogers 2.0, but the other part thinks Randy Moss 2.0. Either way, I think he's worth a late first round pick if he comes out this year
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Part of me thinks Charles Rogers 2.0, but the other part thinks Randy Moss 2.0. Either way, I think he's worth a late first round pick if he comes out this year

DGB needs to be the #1 target for the Niners this offseason IMO. He poses the best value on the board at this point.
He's not coming out.
Originally posted by WINiner:
He's not coming out.

Originally posted by WINiner:
He's not coming out.

Smart move for him...for once. If he has a big year in 2015, he'll be back in the discussion as a Top 10 pick.
So much for that. It's a smart move by DGB in terms of money. DeVante Parker or Rashad Greene come on down.
We won't know until January if DGB is coming out. He said he was commited to staying at school and then a couple months later there are rumors he is coming out for the draft. And as 49er fans we have learned first hand that smoke = fire. If your DGB your looking at Cody Thomas as your QB can't make you to excited. Then there is a chance for injury killing his draft stock. Look at Ty Montgomery who's draft stock has plummeted since deciding to stay. So in my opinion he is coming out in the draft and he will be a top 15 pick.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
We won't know until January if DGB is coming out. He said he was commited to staying at school and then a couple months later there are rumors he is coming out for the draft. And as 49er fans we have learned first hand that smoke = fire. If your DGB your looking at Cody Thomas as your QB can't make you to excited. Then there is a chance for injury killing his draft stock. Look at Ty Montgomery who's draft stock has plummeted since deciding to stay. So in my opinion he is coming out in the draft and he will be a top 15 pick.

You can be sure an agent is saying all of this to him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The deadline for underclassman to declare is Jan. 15th.

That is a little more than 1 month from today.

A long time.
Share 49ersWebzone