LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Jaelen Strong - WR, Arizona State

Reminds me of what we already have. No thanks.

Would prefer Kevin White if it's a WR in the top of the 1st.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Already a big time grab in the bowl game. He is a man amongst boys. Reminds me a ton of Julio Jones and Hakeem Nicks.

He's not nearly as fast or agile as Julio but he's a good player in his own right. On the right team I think Strong will be very productive

Yeah I think Julio is better. I just remember that he wasn't considered fast until the combine. I think Jaelen will be similar. He's faster than given credit for, but he's not a burner. Hakeem Nicks is probably the closest in the NFL that I can think of.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Jalen Strong is in that category of too good to be there when the Niners pick but not good enough for whom to trade up IMO. I've put him out of my mind like I have guys like Randy Gregory, La'El Collins, Amari Cooper & others.

The only players for whom I would want the Niners to trade up in the first round are DGB or Leonard Williams. Maybe a short trade up for Todd Gurley.

Lol Strong's not going until the second half of the first. Amari Cooper is leaps and bounds better then Strong. DGB and Gurley are both second rounders because of off field concerns and injury respectively.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Jalen Strong is in that category of too good to be there when the Niners pick but not good enough for whom to trade up IMO. I've put him out of my mind like I have guys like Randy Gregory, La'El Collins, Amari Cooper & others.

The only players for whom I would want the Niners to trade up in the first round are DGB or Leonard Williams. Maybe a short trade up for Todd Gurley.

Lol Strong's not going until the second half of the first. Amari Cooper is leaps and bounds better then Strong. DGB and Gurley are both second rounders because of off field concerns and injury respectively.

In fairness his post is like a month old but yeah Strong will be there for sure at 15 lol. 5 WRs aren't going to go in the top 15
Originally posted by shmuck:

In fairness his post is like a month old but yeah Strong will be there for sure at 15 lol. 5 WRs aren't going to go in the top 15

This. We will certainly have our pick of guys that will have the ability to come in and start immediately.
I wouldn't mind us drafting him he's a good solid receiver wood be a good pickup for us.
Really liked what I saw of him in the bowl game. Tall target and he really stretches out for high throws.
Here's a little bit of a look at his speed. He's faster than given credit for. I love the idea of him, Boldin, Stevie, Ellington, and Patton. He is a big downfield threat and all the other guys are good laterally.

http://pac-12.com/article/2014/10/04/asus-jaelen-strong-shows-speed-77-yard-score
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Really liked what I saw of him in the bowl game. Tall target and he really stretches out for high throws.

Agree he looked impressive against duke yesterday
Here's a little bit of a look at his speed. He's faster than given credit for. I love the idea of him, Boldin, Stevie, Ellington, and Patton. He is a big downfield threat and all the other guys are good laterally.

http://pac-12.com/article/2014/10/04/asus-jaelen-strong-shows-speed-77-yard-score

He does look pretty fast there

I think the top 5 receivers in this class (assuming DGB comes out) are as good as any I've ever seen. Better than last year's even!

He does look pretty fast there

I think the top 5 receivers in this class (assuming DGB comes out) are as good as any I've ever seen. Better than last year's even!

Earlier, I was saying that Jaelen Strong reminded me of Julio Jones and Hakeem Nicks in college, but I saw a better comparison with Alshon Jeffrey. He adds a COMPLETELY different element to the offense.

I am an ASU Alum and season ticket holder. When he is on the field, it completely changes what the defense is doing, and he is the biggest reason for Taylor Kelly and Mike Bercovici's success this season.
Is it just me or does he have a little Megatron in him when he goes up for the ball?

The more i see the more i like this kid & so far in some draft boards he looks to be available around when we pick at 15
No thank you to this kid, unless it's in the 2nd or later.
I'll pass, unless we have a burner already in the stable. We need a speed guy with size Kevin White is my current draft crush at receiver.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He'll be training with Kap and Kurt Warner in Phoenix.
Share 49ersWebzone