There are 236 users in the forums

Jaelen Strong - WR, Arizona State

That drugs report gotta be true. He continues to drop, falling further than DGB says to me his issues may be worse?
Originally posted by outside4949:
trade up for him. We can still salvage this piece of sheite

I dont know why I laughed but I did,. On paper it does look rather depressing,. so far.
Houston! Darn it!
I am starting to hate Trent. Seriously. WTF is the point of getting all of those picks an NOT go get players that will make a difference. So many would be impact players from day one and we keep letting teams jump ahead of us and draft them. This is making me sick.

I'm using hate there.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on May 1, 2015 at 6:56 PM ]
This sucks worst offseason draft ever
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That drugs report gotta be true. He continues to drop, falling further than DGB says to me his issues may be worse?

Lol no

He slipped a round probably because of the wrist
Had a terrible rookies season and got arrested for marijuana yesterday. There was so much salt when we passed on him in the third but now it looks like Baalke did more homework on him then the rest of us because he was right to pass on him. Goes to show how little us amateur scouts really know about prospects. Especially as far as character and work ethic is concerned.
That sucks. He actually made some big plays last year and looked like he'd do something this season. If it just week, meh. They're all smoking this time of year.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Had a terrible rookies season and got arrested for marijuana yesterday. There was so much salt when we passed on him in the third but now it looks like Baalke did more homework on him then the rest of us because he was right to pass on him. Goes to show how little us amateur scouts really know about prospects. Especially as far as character and work ethic is concerned.
But but but he's a big WR and a difference maker. His 161 yards would have placed him 8th on our team, right after Blake Bell and right before Ellington. Would have catapulted us into the playoffs.
I don't know why he didn't get much playing time, but when they did play, he made plays. I think he has a good chance of breaking out this season.
[ Edited by strickac on Mar 1, 2016 at 4:39 AM ]

Originally posted by strickac:
I don't know why he didn't get much playing time, but when they did play, he made plays. I think he has a good chance of breaking out this season.

Because he wasn't good enough to move past Nate Washington and Cecil Shorts on the depth chart except when either or both were hurt. He did have a 2 catch 2 touchdown game, but was mostly a non factor the entire season. He went an entire month without catching a single ball. He's got work to do this off-season. This incident probably keeps him buried on the depth chart unless he shines in camp. With Washington turning 33 and Shorts having yet to play a full season due to injuries, I suspect Houston will be looking at WR at some point come April.
Released. What a disappointment he ended up being. So much talent, but he's straight garbage.
Originally posted by saniner:
Released. What a disappointment he ended up being. So much talent, but he's straight garbage.

Yep, huge huge dissapointment
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by saniner:

Yep, huge huge dissapointment

You have to wonder if these guys get one good NFL hit on them and that's it. Footsteps and (in Strong's case) drugs, will overshadow all the talent in the world.
Originally posted by Geeked:
You have to wonder if these guys get one good NFL hit on them and that's it. Footsteps and (in Strong's case) drugs, will overshadow all the talent in the world.

Some players just want to make it to the NFL. In Jaelen Strong's case, I don't think he really had/has a passion for football.

I don't think JS failed because of a lack of natural talent.
Share 49ersWebzone