LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 184 users in the forums

Tyler Lockett, WR, KSU

Seahawks should draft him .... so they can try another goal line pass to a Lockett.
Originally posted by strickac:
He'll probably go to the Pats and they'll drag him across the field underneath coverage and he'll be too quick to stop

He'd kill the league with the Pats.
4.40 today. If we don't grab a WR early, I'd like to draft him in the third
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

This. I like Lockett a lot, I think you can use him in so many ways, his ability to create separation reminds me a lot of Hilton from the Colts.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I like Lockett a lot, I think you can use him in so many ways, his ability to create separation reminds me a lot of Hilton from the Colts.

If you are on about that, I want any wr that resembles Ty or even Antonio brown. Seattle will have a fun time with them
Big fan of Lockett as well.

Would be a great mid-round pick. Lockett and Ellington together would be a pain in the ass for that seattle defense.
His hands look really good in the gauntlet.
Originally posted by elguapo:
If you are on about that, I want any wr that resembles Ty or even Antonio brown. Seattle will have a fun time with them

I agree. I think speed and quickness really can eat up that defense and secondary. A guy like Lockett would be ideal as you can use him the way Indy used Hilton vs Seattle last year which gave them fits.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

Would be a great mid-round pick. Lockett and Ellington together would be a pain in the ass for that seattle defense.

Johnson as well. I think he got lost in the shuffle but people seemingly forgot how well he played against Sherman while he was with Buffalo. His unorthodox route running really makes it difficult for CB's like Sherman who depend on routine and tendencies to predict which route the guy is running. He's built well to be able to beat press coverage.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

Yeah but we have to get a QB who can throw quick, medium-range passes that are catchable.

I'm starting to get a crush on this guy. Wouldn't have to spend pick 15 on him either.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Yeah but we have to get a QB who can throw quick, medium-range passes that are catchable.

Which Kaepernick has shown he's more than capable of assuming he's given the proper amount of time by his OL. The biggest thing is to have a guy that teams will have to worry about taking it to the house on them. With a wounded VD, they didn't have anyone that fit that description. Lockett would.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

You mean the QB who is in the process, RIGHT NOW, of altering his release motion so he can make those passes?
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm not a *huge* fan of Lockett, but that said, I wouldn't be at all opposed to us drafting him. Any sort of legitimate speed threat I will be happy with. We've got to do something to back off the safeties of the press/physical coverage teams like Seattle and Arizona. I like Dorsett a little bit more and think he reminds more more of Hilton than Lockett does.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 21, 2015 at 11:31 AM ]
This kid seems like he knows football and has a good head head on his shoulder. Also shows he has the speed to outrun defenders.

Hope we can get him in the 2nd round!
Share 49ersWebzone