There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB81's 49ers 2014 Mock Draft/Offseason V1.0

I think we would have to trade up for Clinton Dix but I wouldn't mind although if we could reach for HaHa then we would probably be in the ranger for Watkins, Evans, or Lee. I would pickany one of them over HaHa because we need that type of talent on offense ASAP.

My MO for this draft would be pass production. That's what I like most about your draft.

You're injecting pass protection into the roster and that has been a weakness this season. With Goodwins contract expiring and the possibility Iupati walks we need interior help. Financially it makes sense to draft for the position.

I love Jackson and Swanson. Swanson is an absolute plug at center. You should watch his snaps against Bama. He's sealing both A gaps. Single blocking the NT. And his technical ability is NFL quality. He can double block and then get to the LBs. He ls a little slow for the pull but his youth will probably allow him to pass for a pulling center.

Jackson for me is a mystery as far as run blocking. I haven't seen Miss St run it much. Scouting reports say he's a dominating run blockers but more than that Jackson has excellent footwork, core strength, and hands. Jackson and Swanson both have refined pass protection skills. Thats why I like picking them. Not only are they cheap starters but I feel we would be drafting an upgrade in a sense.
i like but id rather not pay manningham n draft a wr earlier..move up for WATKINS please..ss can wait until the 2nd an back up qb can waait until the 3rd..i say franchise whitner if we can n let our 2nd rd ss learn..loston in 2nd rd..lsu safety combination..know each others strengths n weaknesses..
IMO, you don't draft a QB in the 2nd unless you plan on starting him. Harbaugh should be able to find an adequate backup outside of the first two rounds,
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Not crazy about trading up in the second round for a QB. But other than that solid draft.

I think it's a good move Hopper , we would get a talented QB with a huge upside to groom for the future, that way we wont be left hanging if Kaep gets hurt, gotta have those talented QB's ready to go....Personally I liked it when we had Joe/Steve/ Matt back in the day ....3 QB's that could get it done if needed ...Ahh the days of Camelot

If we didn't get Murray I wouldn't mind Lynch from Norther Illinois a little later. Can run and throw.
what about l'damian Washington from missouri in the 5-7th round? seems to be big and fast.
that would suit the highly demanded 2nd WR pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
gotta edit your plan with Brock's extension now lol
Personally i dont see them bringing back Ham or Boldin. I wouldnt mind if they brought back Boldin, but if they address the WR position like they should, i dont see a need to resign both, and i personally wouldnt resign Ham. Just my opinion. Typically the FO likes to resign guys they developed. Personally i would rather the sign neither and instead give the money to Crabs, then draft a couple WR's, and possibly extend Hitner. I know he has gotten hate in the past, and i have been one of his critics, but he has had a solid season i think, and right now i like the idea of extending him for two seasons or so while we develop someone to take over for him. Im not really sold on the top end of this S class to trust someone enough to take over for him. (this is where i felt taking a second S last season in a strong class made sense).

Regardless i dont see them only drafting one WR. I also dont see them taking a QB that early, but who knows. I wouldnt mind it, but i personally feel there are better options than Murray.

Also i kind of agree with Phoenix about Coleman, i liked him last season, but have been less than sold on him this year.

I like the late round picks or Parker and Wentworth, but IMO thats a bit late for Parker. I see him more of a 5th rounder. I like him a lot though and have us taking him in my 2.0 mock as well.

Always enjoy your off season mocks though. You put a lot of work into them.
Always grateful AB for whatever you provide. Awesome rundown.
Originally posted by sfout:
gotta edit your plan with Brock's extension now lol

yeah lol, Happy though he re-signed.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
If we didn't get Murray I wouldn't mind Lynch from Norther Illinois a little later. Can run and throw.

Lynch would make for a nice 7th round pick. Like I said before, I'd take someone like Matthews or Price and then take a guy like Lynch in the 7th. Now they would have 2 QB's to develop behind Kaepernick for the long-term.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

Lynch would make for a nice 7th round pick. Like I said before, I'd take someone like Matthews or Price and then take a guy like Lynch in the 7th. Now they would have 2 QB's to develop behind Kaepernick for the long-term.

Garoppolo doe!
Very well thought out, I liked the fact that you took a shot with Murray, it makes it original. Dix and Verrett would give us arguably the best secondary in the NFL. I think the team has to take a receiver early, and that would be the Murray slot. Manningham's arrow is pointed in the downward direction, I say he goes. If Patton can produce when he returns the draft picture could become interesting.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Garoppolo doe!

Not if someone f**ks around and takes him in the late 1st round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Garoppolo doe!

Not if someone f**ks around and takes him in the late 1st round.

Hes gaining a lot of hype here lately, He beat Romos TD school record and beat Sean Paytons completion record. Rumor is every NFL team has sent a scout to watch him at one point or another this season. Still likely the first is too early though. But the NFL is always QB hungry and stranger things have happened. If he was available in the third, or possibly early second depending how his off season goes, he would be very hard to pass on IMO.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
  • flaw
  • Veteran
Don't see taking a QB that early or letting Whitner go.
Him and Reid have great chemistry. Could see them restructuring his contract.