Walter Football Draft

1st Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

2a Allen Robinson WR Penn State

2b Dominique Easley DE Florida

3a Daniel McCullars NT Tennessee

3b Michael Simon DE/OLB Missouri
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

Thoughts?
We do need CB and WR help. I think it's almost universal to like Allen Robinson on the WZ.
No way in hell we take 3 DL in this draft, we have Ian, Dorsey, Justin, McDonald, Tank an Dial signed and likely on roster for 2014. No room for 3 more DL, we aren't a 4-3 team, which carries more DL then LBs.
Walter can eat my sweaty nuts, that site is way off regularly and then they have the arrogance to bash picks such as the Eric Reid pick this season and the Aldon Smith pick a few seasons ago.

As far as the picks, I like the addition of McCullers, I want this team to develop a monster NT and a long time guy in the middle, I also do think they need another DE, I haven't been all to blown away by either Dobbs or Jerod-Eddie and McDonald has been injured far too frequently for the 49ers to not bring in someone else to provide quality depth at DE.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Walter can eat my sweaty nuts, that site is way off regularly and then they have the arrogance to bash picks such as the Eric Reid pick this season and the Aldon Smith pick a few seasons ago.

As far as the picks, I like the addition of McCullers, I want this team to develop a monster NT and a long time guy in the middle, I also do think they need another DE, I haven't been all to blown away by either Dobbs or Jerod-Eddie and McDonald has been injured far too frequently for the 49ers to not bring in someone else to provide quality depth at DE.

I dont see where McCullers fits, Dial was picked to be a swing guy, and Williams is signed thru 2015, and will only get better. I understand the DE, but no way we take more than 1 DL in this coming draft, Not enough spots on a 53 man roster. 7 DL on one is max. 6 is usually how many a 3-4 team should carry. A 4-3 team carries 8-9, with 6 LBs, we keep 8-10 LBs at times, since Brooks and Aldon can play End on certain downs.

I would take Easley, but he is another Tank. Likely not ready for 2014 season. And Justin and McDonald aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I have a new mock I am working on, and I believe Extending McDonald is a key move to be made.
Will if we take any D-linemen i hope itz (my man crush)Stephon Tuitt*, DE, Notre Dame Height: 6-6. Weight: 312.... he can play anywhere on tha line N if it was up to me he would be a earlier 2nd round pick ...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We won't draft a DL higher than 3rd barring a significant injury to any of the DL or shock retirement of Justin.

We have far more pressing needs of WR, CB, S, to just take a DL based of BPA. Much rather have them trade up or down to grab all 3 of positions with our first 3-4 picks before taking a player for premium depth purposes.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I dont see where McCullers fits, Dial was picked to be a swing guy, and Williams is signed thru 2015, and will only get better. I understand the DE, but no way we take more than 1 DL in this coming draft, Not enough spots on a 53 man roster. 7 DL on one is max. 6 is usually how many a 3-4 team should carry. A 4-3 team carries 8-9, with 6 LBs, we keep 8-10 LBs at times, since Brooks and Aldon can play End on certain downs.

I would take Easley, but he is another Tank. Likely not ready for 2014 season. And Justin and McDonald aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I have a new mock I am working on, and I believe Extending McDonald is a key move to be made.

I can see McCullers fitting at NT, a massive body that can simply occupy blockers and make it that much more difficult for teams to run up the middle. If that is the case, Dorsey and Carradine provide depth at DE, backing up Justin Smith and Ray McDonald, Ian Williams starting at NT with Dial and McCullers backing him up and a rookie, maybe Easley who would be on IR.

After 2014, Dorsey is a free agent, McCullers would have a solid season of experience under his belt, as would Dial to form a nice rotation at NT, Carradine is ready to step into the starting lineup if needed and now you have another high quality young prospect in Easley who would be joining the rotation at DE in 2015.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM ]
Personally I think the quality on Walters Football has dropped off
Awful mock.

Don't care for the picks. And it doesn't even touch on our more pressing needs. Taking 3(!) DL early would be irresponsible and head scratching considering we're thin at CB, WR, and S. We need to reload the secondary and take at least 1 WR early - everything else comes later.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Awful mock.

Don't care for the picks. And it doesn't even touch on our more pressing needs. Taking 3(!) DL early would be irresponsible and head scratching considering we're thin at CB, WR, and S. We need to reload the secondary and take at least 1 WR early - everything else comes later.

I wouldn't say its awful, I mean it does provide them with a starter at CB and another WR in Robinson. The DL depth doesn't hurt but I'm not a fan of the Simon pick, the mock draft people seem to assume that Aldon is on the verge of imploding completely and that the 49ers have nobody else behind him. I'd rather see the 49ers select a slot CB at that spot to replace Rogers if needed.

PS-Ricardo Allen, make that s**t happen.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:13 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like GEEKs mock better, and I don't think Aaron Colvin is a 1st round pick, when I watch him hes just not really anything special to me.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like GEEKs mock better, and I don't think Aaron Colvin is a 1st round pick, when I watch him hes just not really anything special to me.

This, I'm not really a fan of his either, give me Dennard, Verrett, Gilbert...etc.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Awful mock.

I wouldn't say its awful, I mean it does provide them with a starter at CB and another WR in Robinson. The DL depth doesn't hurt but I'm not a fan of the Simon pick, the mock draft people seem to assume that Aldon is on the verge of imploding completely and that the 49ers have nobody else behind him. I'd rather see the 49ers select a slot CB at that spot to replace Rogers if needed.

PS-Ricardo Allen, make that s**t happen.

There are at least 5 other CBs I'd take over Colvin in this draft, no way he's worth the 1st rounder, I wouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd on him. That pick right there had me like at this mock. Same with Allen Robsinson. I'd take Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham Jr, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks, or Jordan Matthews over him any day.
Share 49ersWebzone