3rd round - Aaron Murray, Quarterback, Georgia

3rd round - Rashaad Reynolds, Cornerback, Oregon State

4th round - L'Damian Washington, Wide Receiver, Missouri

5th round - Brandon Thomas, Offensive Guard, Clemson

6th round - QuayShawne Buckley, DE/NT, Idaho

7th round - Chris Young, ILB, Arizona State

7th round - J.R. Collins, OLB, Virginia Tech

7th round - Blake Jackson, TE, Oklahoma State
i'm assuming the niners will be trading around, but i'd be happy having Dix, Beckham and Murray in this draft. do you really see Beckham raising his stock all the way to the 2nd?
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
i'm assuming the niners will be trading around, but i'd be happy having Dix, Beckham and Murray in this draft. do you really see Beckham raising his stock all the way to the 2nd?

Definitely. Excellent hands, body control, speed, acceleration, weapon in the return game.

He is a very well developed route tree and is one of the best deep threats.

Although only 6-0 and 185lbs or so, he plays way stronger than his weight indicates.

I think he is a better version of Tedd Ginn Jr.

Ginn went 9th overall and Beckham has already produced more than Ginn did in college. I'm actually concerned Odell may push into the 1st and be out of the 49ers draft range.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Definitely. Excellent hands, body control, speed, acceleration, weapon in the return game.

He is a very well developed route tree and is one of the best deep threats.

Although only 6-0 and 185lbs or so, he plays way stronger than his weight indicates.

I think he is a better version of Tedd Ginn Jr.

Ginn went 9th overall and Beckham has already produced more than Ginn did in college. I'm actually concerned Odell may push into the 1st and be out of the 49ers draft range.

I see that. I can see Beckham making it in the 2nd and we should wait to select him there. There is way too much defensive talent and I think that's the reason why he won't make it in the 1st, unless he absolutely blows it up during the bowl game and combine.
First off, I really like taking Dix and Beckham. A ball hawking free safety who needs cash and a game breaking WR and returner are just what this team needs. I'm a little surprised more mocks don't have more defensive linemen, but then I'm not knowledgeable enough to do my own mock so I'm counting on you guys.

So regarding drafting two CB's early, of Brooks, Culliver, Brown, and Wright, which CBs do the 49ers let go in your scenario? And why not help for the defensive line? Without Aldon Smith, the pass rush has been pathetic. Neither Justin nor Ray MacDonald are 90% of the snaps guys anymore (warriors, for sure, highest respect), maybe we can already pencil in Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial? IMO you put a top flight NT on this team and suddenly they Carolina-like, a fearsome front 7. If you were to lean that way, who would you suggest taking? Thanks for the effort!
Ha Ha Ha
Seriousy, if the Niners dont move up this would be a strong draft. I just want to move up for Watkins or Lee.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Seriousy, if the Niners dont move up this would be a strong draft. I just want to move up for Watkins or Lee.

if we somehow walk away of next year's draft with Sammy Watkins and Aaron Murray, I'll be happy.
Originally posted by CasBanaszek:
First off, I really like taking Dix and Beckham. A ball hawking free safety who needs cash and a game breaking WR and returner are just what this team needs. I'm a little surprised more mocks don't have more defensive linemen, but then I'm not knowledgeable enough to do my own mock so I'm counting on you guys.

So regarding drafting two CB's early, of Brooks, Culliver, Brown, and Wright, which CBs do the 49ers let go in your scenario? And why not help for the defensive line? Without Aldon Smith, the pass rush has been pathetic. Neither Justin nor Ray MacDonald are 90% of the snaps guys anymore (warriors, for sure, highest respect), maybe we can already pencil in Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial? IMO you put a top flight NT on this team and suddenly they Carolina-like, a fearsome front 7. If you were to lean that way, who would you suggest taking? Thanks for the effort!

Culliver and Rogers are on contract, the rest of our CBs are free agents. I'm assuming we can't re-sign both Brock and Brown, in order to re-sign them we would have to do a new contract with current players. Rogers is more likely if we want to keep him additional years. We just have too much money invested in our LBs to resign our corners

On defensive line, I'm penciling in Carradine/Dial for increased roles.

The problem is we have to start building our team with our salary cap in mind, we had more freedom in the past because players were replaceable. Crabtree, Gore, Aldon Smith, Iupati, and Kap are all FA's after 2014. Those are must re-sign guys (maybe let Gore go though?!?) and we have to save money do that. All 5 of those players IMO are more difficult to replace in the draft than Brock/Brown. Oh and Culliver is a FA after 2014 as well.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM ]
so you're giving up on Kaep?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

No, we need a quality backup QB. See Packers.

And if Kap doesn't improve in another season or 2, then you have to be prepared to move on. You don't want to wait 2 years down the line and suddenly have to find that years Carson Palmer to field a competitive team.

If Murray works out and Kap succeeds, trade Murray ala Matt Cassell.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

no way. Murray, IMO, is already better than Colt McCoy as a backup and someone that can read the defense. He could help Kap out during games with pointers on the defense. that, and I feel like he'd light a fire under Kap. from all accounts, Murray is an incredible hard worker and does all the studying to be able to win.
Luvd u taken 2 CBz earlier which is something i think we need to do ... not sold on draftin another S in tha 1st round im hoping for Jordan Matthews or Stephon Tuitt dependin on if we trade up or down ...Beckham grownin on me like tha murray pick...id rather see a O-linemen in tha 4th round not sure about our backup linemen they havent shown much as in steppin up to a starter level ....
Squueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppsssssssssssss
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Luvd u taken 2 CBz earlier which is something i think we need to do ... not sold on draftin another S in tha 1st round im hoping for Jordan Matthews or Stephon Tuitt dependin on if we trade up or down ...Beckham grownin on me like tha murray pick...id rather see a O-linemen in tha 4th round not sure about our backup linemen they havent shown much as in steppin up to a starter level ....

I agree with everything but Tuitt. We dont have a huge need for another DE. Especially another high round DL pick. Rather go Dennard or Gilbert at CB in rd 1. Or Matthews in rd 1 at WR. Of course a lot will change between declarings, and stock going up and down.

But Andrew, great mock, love it.