There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft a QB in Round 2??

• 9moon
  • Veteran
It's obvious that our coaching staff aren't high w/ the back up QB we now have, and with 4 picks on day 2, I would not be surprise if our team takes a QB who can actually play in the league..

Below are the QBs I have in mind and my personal grading on them.

1) Johnny Manziel - Late 1st to high 2nd round

2) Derek Carr - Late 1st to high 2nd round

2) AJ McCarron - late 2nd or early 3rd

3) Aaron Murray - high 3rd

4) Tajh Boyd - mid - 3rd
5) Zach Mettenberger - late 3rd

6) Keith Price - 5th rounder
It'd be really cool if there was a large thread that already exists on this very subject.
I dont watch much college ball but i did see tha LSU VS Bulldogs game both QBz looked good to me ...after reading some scouting stuff on a few QBz im thinkin Sean Mannion of Oregon state maybe a good mid rounder ....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I dont watch much college ball but i did see tha LSU VS Bulldogs game both QBz looked good to me ...after reading some scouting stuff on a few QBz im thinkin Sean Mannion of Oregon state maybe a good mid rounder ....

The way Mannion has played the last couple weeks, he'd be dumb to come out. He needs to go back for his last year. I like the kid, but he's shown he's just not ready yet.

On a side note, I have no clue who nobody is talking about Bryce Petty. Kid is going to be very good. NFL Draft Scout has him #2 QB for 2015, Kiper has him #6 QB this class, he's CBS's #3 QB for 2015 (they included Teddy Bridgewater for '15). Kids ball placement is top notch, always putting it right where a WR cab make the catch and get huge YAC. His stats are insane: 3002 passing, 65.4% completion, 24 TDs, 1 INT, plus has added another 10 rushing TDs. He's 11th in the nation in passing yards, #1 in passing yards per attempt,#1 in adjusted passing yards per attempt, #1 in passing efficiency, 9th in passing TDs, #1 total yards per play, 3rd in total TDs, and 2nd in the big 12 in rushing TDs. 6'3/230 lbs., five-time member of the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll, and he received Academic All-Big 12 first team honors in 2012, so he's a bright kid. Fun fact: He and Tajh Boyd both committed to Tennessee, Lane Kiffin gets hired. Then tells Boyd he doesn't fit his system, so he goes to Clemson. He never calls Petty. So Petty, feeling uncertain, reopens his recruitment and signs with Baylor. Kiffin isn't very bright.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home