There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which WR/S Combo would you be happiest with the Niners selecting...

Which WR/S Combo would you be happiest with the Niners selecting...

I am having trouble with figuring out which one I like more for future mock drafts. I figure we can either get Lee or Clinton-Dix but not both. I also figure that Loston and Moncrief will be 2nd round selections. Please let me know which one you would choose. Thanks!
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
Haha Clinton-Dix and Brandon Cooks
WR Sammy Watkins and any safety
Clinton-Dix and Odell Beckham Jr.
Sammy Watkins and Dion Bailey
Any receivers with julio jones, aj green, or calvin johnson type of potential? I want someone like that dammit
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Any receivers with julio jones, aj green, or calvin johnson type of potential? I want someone like that dammit

Sammy Watkins is the closest coming out of the upcoming class IMO. I think we need to try to make a serious move for him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Clinton-Dix and Odell Beckham Jr.

we'll have to lose a few more games to make this happen.
Originally posted by kronik:
WR Sammy Watkins and any safety

THIS.
  • cools
  • Veteran
WR- J.Matthews, Vandy
SS- C.Loston, LSU

Would also like Moncrief if he drops into the 3rd
[ Edited by cools on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM ]
Clinton Dix and Moncrief......I'd absolutely cream my pants for that combo. Moncrief is a guy with a big sturdy frame, a very physical receiver, terrific leaper, very effective against press coverage, very dependable, consistent hands and the speed to challenge teams downfield.

Clinton--Dix is simply the best safety in the draft.

Those two make the draft a win, don't give a damn who else they draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
[i]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Clinton Dix and Moncrief......I'd absolutely cream my pants for that combo. Moncrief is a guy with a big sturdy frame, a very physical receiver, terrific leaper, very effective against press coverage, very dependable, consistent hands and the speed to challenge teams downfield.

Clinton--Dix is simply the best safety in the draft.

Those two make the draft a win, don't give a damn who else they draft.

I am not sure that I would call Moncrief very dependable.

He has had three games with more than 100 yards receiving and 4 games with less than 45 yards receiving.

Last year, he had 4 games with more than 100 yards receiving and 4 games with less than 40 yards receiving.

Consistent maybe, but not too dependable or reliable.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
[i]

He has had three games with more than 100 yards receiving and 4 games with less than 45 yards receiving.

Last year, he had 4 games with more than 100 yards receiving and 4 games with less than 40 yards receiving.

I meant his hands. Also if you've seen some Ole Miss games this season, you'd see that the QB play has been up and down, additionally early in the season teams were doubling Moncrief, as their other receivers have stepped up, Moncrief has seen single coverage more frequently and has put up some huge games lately.

His biggest weakness is his route running, he needs to be more precise, needs to develop more in that area but he's a big, 6'2"-6'3", 220lb receiver with speed to beat a defense vertically, I think there's a lot to like there.

"Ole Miss' Donte Moncrief has most of the attributes expected of an elite receiver, including a 6-foot-3, 226-pound frame, breakaway speed and a pair of hands that rarely lets him down when catching the football.About the only thing missing is the ego.

So when Moncrief's season started slowly, the soft-spoken junior didn't complain. He knew quarterback Bo Wallace would find him. "

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/11/ole_miss_wide_receiver_donte_m.html
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
[i]

I meant his hands. Also if you've seen some Ole Miss games this season, you'd see that the QB play has been up and down, additionally early in the season teams were doubling Moncrief, as their other receivers have stepped up, Moncrief has seen single coverage more frequently and has put up some huge games lately.

His biggest weakness is his route running, he needs to be more precise, needs to develop more in that area but he's a big, 6'2", 220 receiver with speed to beat a defense vertically, I think there's a lot to like there.

"Ole Miss' Donte Moncrief has most of the attributes expected of an elite receiver, including a 6-foot-3, 226-pound frame, breakaway speed and a pair of hands that rarely lets him down when catching the football.About the only thing missing is the ego.

So when Moncrief's season started slowly, the soft-spoken junior didn't complain. He knew quarterback Bo Wallace would find him. "

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/11/ole_miss_wide_receiver_donte_m.html

I read the dependable, consistent hands part incorrectly. Sorry.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
If i have to choose one in the second and one in the first ill take Clinton-Dix, and Cooks.