There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Guys, I found the 49ers an AWESOME QB prospect.

Now I know Kaep is the present and maybe future, but there is a QB from UCF (Central Florida) who is just a QB among boys. His name is Blake Bortles. I mean this guy has the goods, Charisma,size, arm strength, athletisim, deep ball, short ball, accuracy. Dude is a natural born leader!! I've been VERY impressed with him.
The way he's playing he's gone in the 1st round. We can't afford to take a QB in the 1st
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
The way he's playing he's gone in the 1st round. We can't afford to take a QB in the 1st

Won't go in the 1st. There's been talk of alot of QBs making into the first (Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel, Carr, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Petty), when we all know not all will be going there. I believe we need to draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd. Guys I would target are Carr, Fales, Petty (if he declares), Bortles (if he declares), Murray, or someone like Hundley if he were to slip.

Just remember, even though there's talk of being 1st rounders, doesn't always mean they'll be 1st rounders. Last year Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Ryan Nassib were all talked about as 1st rounders.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Now I know Kaep is the present and maybe future, but there is a QB from UCF (Central Florida) who is just a QB among boys. His name is Blake Bortles. I mean this guy has the goods, Charisma,size, arm strength, athletisim, deep ball, short ball, accuracy. Dude is a natural born leader!! I've been VERY impressed with him.

He might not come out until 2015, and when he does, he'll looks to be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder at this point. It may very well be better for him to stay at UCF for another season considering the sheer amount of QB's that will be taken in Rounds 1-3 of this draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
The way he's playing he's gone in the 1st round. We can't afford to take a QB in the 1st

Won't go in the 1st. There's been talk of alot of QBs making into the first (Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel, Carr, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Petty), when we all know not all will be going there. I believe we need to draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd. Guys I would target are Carr, Fales, Petty (if he declares), Bortles (if he declares), Murray, or someone like Hundley if he were to slip.

Just remember, even though there's talk of being 1st rounders, doesn't always mean they'll be 1st rounders. Last year Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Ryan Nassib were all talked about as 1st rounders.

Mettenberger looked good against Bama a few weeks ago.
At this point, gimme Derek Carr in the first.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
At this point, gimme Derek Carr in the first.

lmao
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
At this point, gimme Derek Carr in the first.

lmao


52 seconds in
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
Draft Mettenberger.
Another KICK A$$ performance by Bortles last night. Granted it was against Rutgers but he made a few NFL type ability plays. I absolutely Love this guy's potential. I'd definetly use a pick on this guy if I was a GM. Let him get with a QB guru and assume the position and flourish once mature.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Another KICK A$$ performance by Bortles last night. Granted it was against Rutgers but he made a few NFL type ability plays. I absolutely Love this guy's potential. I'd definetly use a pick on this guy if I was a GM. Let him get with a QB guru and assume the position and flourish once mature.

this kid keeps bringing it and will move up higher than most here are giving him credit for---his running was a surprise, he scored a td and can run the crappy ole read option...and that receiver of his jj worton, looks like a future pro...he is very smooth----but i am most impressed with his strong arm and accuracy

bortles dates a model as well--
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,436
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
The way he's playing he's gone in the 1st round. We can't afford to take a QB in the 1st

Yah no kidding and he also has the measurables, at the very least I think he'll go early 2nd round and I really doubt they would be willing to go that high for a QB. I love that all these QB prospects are doing so well and rising up peoples charts, gives us good hope that Aaron Murray will be a 9er.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Now I know Kaep is the present and maybe future, but there is a QB from UCF (Central Florida) who is just a QB among boys. His name is Blake Bortles. I mean this guy has the goods, Charisma,size, arm strength, athletisim, deep ball, short ball, accuracy. Dude is a natural born leader!! I've been VERY impressed with him.

after bortles great play last couple of weeks i want to claim the right to plant my flag in mount bortles
as i posted the day before this thread started, in the thread entitled "#1 qb prospects in this year's draft":

guy under the radar a bit--Blake Bortles of Central Florida--prototypical size, good #s, team is winning Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/175643-prospects-in-this-years-draft/page3/#aVfYLbfE5XmEmF6H.99