LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Idaho's 2014 Mock Draft. V2.0

Some trades in this one. Trades are in bold. Keep in mind it is still early, and there are prospects out there i didnt include mainly because it is unclear if they will declare(most notably from the WR class).

Round 1-49ers trade their first and a third to move up- Bradley Roby - CB- 5-11, 192- rJR- Ohio State

Round 2- 49ers give up a second and fourth to move up- Brandin Cooks- WR- 5-10, 186- JR- Oregon State

Round 2- Chris Smith- DE, 6-3, 270, Sr, Arkansas

Round 3(titans)- Hroniss Grasu- C- 6-3, 298, rJr, Oregon

Round 3(likely comp)- Jimmy Garoppolo- QB, 6-2, 222, Sr, Eastern Illinois

Round 5- Sean Parker- SS- 5-10, 195- Sr, Washington

Round 6- Jeff Janis- WR- 6-3, 218, Sr, Saginaw Valley State

Round 7- Christian Bryant- FS- 5-9, 193, Sr, Ohio State

Round 7- Devon Kennard, OLB, 6-3, 255, rSr, Southern California

Round 7- Gator Hoskins- FB, 6-2, 242, Sr, Marshall

Round 7- Dakota Dozier- OG/OT, 6-3, 302, rSR, Furman

What no Jalen Saunders? I thought he was your guy Idaho lol ?
I'd be okay with Cooks, as long as he is more Steve Smith or T.Y. Hilton than Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

He is. Doesnt mean he has to be in my mock. I like a lot of guys that arent in this mock. He was in my first mock though.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM ]
I'd be okay with Cooks, as long as he is more Steve Smith or T.Y. Hilton than Kyle Williams.

He is Cooks. His stats and career speak for themselves.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't want to draft another smurf receiver.
Like Roby & Cooks picks
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't want to draft another smurf receiver.

I have us drafting a large fast WR as well Mayo.

I'd like to see more separation at the college level. Concerned with route running.
Roby, Cooks (1 of my fav players in this draft), and Janis make me like the mock alot.

Once more, why are so many mocking Grasu? Is it because he's a popular name, a Pac 12 thing maybe?

Not getting the love affair at all, he doesn't fit this system very well if you're looking for a bunch of maulers, he's been manhandled by the Stanford defensive line on the regular. He's better suited for a zone blocking scheme in the NFL, such as what Indy or Washington run, not for the 49ers system. I've completely written him off because off his ill-suiting fit on this OL. He needs to play in a zone-blocking scheme that utilizes his quickness and lateral movement ability.

Dude got beat like a redheaded stepchild in the recent Stanford-Oregon game and was getting knocked off the line repeatedly.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once more, why are so many mocking Grasu? Is it because he's a popular name, a Pac 12 thing maybe?

Not getting the love affair at all, he doesn't fit this system very well if you're looking for a bunch of maulers, he's been manhandled by the Stanford defensive line on the regular. He's better suited for a zone blocking scheme in the NFL, such as what Indy or Washington run, not for the 49ers system. I've completely written him off because off his ill-suiting fit on this OL. He needs to play in a zone-blocking scheme that utilizes his quickness and lateral movement ability.

Dude got beat like a redheaded stepchild in the recent Stanford-Oregon game and was getting knocked off the line repeatedly.

LOL Tell us how you really feel. TBH, i simply haven't watched oregon as much as i should, the pick is mainly based on our need for a C. I would take any C there that Baalkie likes.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL Tell us how you really feel. TBH, i simply haven't watched oregon as much as i should, the pick is mainly based on our need for a C. I would take any C there that Baalkie likes.

I wasn't trying to single you out, I just keep seeing so many people bringing this guy but he looks like an ideal zone-blocking center all the way, not a fit for the 49ers. As far as centers go, I like the guy out of Utah St, Larsen, who I think could be a quality backup and eventually groomed into a starter down the road. Realistically the guy for the 49ers was Brian Schwenke out of Cal in the previous draft, he has looked very good for the Titans when healthy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I wasn't trying to single you out, I just keep seeing so many people bringing this guy but he looks like an ideal zone-blocking center all the way, not a fit for the 49ers. As far as centers go, I like the guy out of Utah St, Larsen, who I think could be a quality backup and eventually groomed into a starter down the road. Realistically the guy for the 49ers was Brian Schwenke out of Cal in the previous draft, he has looked very good for the Titans when healthy.

Brian Schwenke was my guy last season. I believe i had him mocked in every one of my mock drafts.

He is. Doesnt mean he has to be in my mock. I like a lot of guys that arent in this mock. He was in my first mock though.

Yeah, just giving you a little bit of a hard time, all in good fun though.
Share 49ersWebzone