LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

One speed WR, one size WR, your picks

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He makes some bad drops at times, generally a hands catcher but relies on his body too much at times. He's very dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch but his biggest strength is his quickness and fluidity. He's not the fastest guy, not a pure deep threat but definitely has enough speed to take it to the house, however his biggest strength IMO is his lightning first step off the line and his ability to move very smoothly into his cuts. That right there tells me he'll be able to get separation in the NFL and ultimately, isn't that what we want most when drafting a WR? His quickness and smooth transition into his routes will dust off a lot of cornerbacks and once he gets the ball in his hands, he'll be able to do some damage after the catch too.

I've seen the Jeremy Maclin comparison floated around all over the place and I think that is as good a player to compare Lee to as any. I think if the 49ers could retain Crabtree long term, a group featuring Crabtree, Lee and Patton would be a very damn good one.
sounds like a natural hawks-killa to me
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Don't get my wrong, i don't mind him, i just think cooks is just as effective.

In terms of overall talent, I don't think its close, Lee is the better player. Cooks might be a productive pro, but not the same talent level or ability.
Benjamin
Abbrederis
No
Yes
allen robeson
jared abbreveris
Don't know any of them
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not taking sides in this debate but Lee's games played in college.

12 games
13 games
11 games

I don't see that as inherently injury prone, he was productive for the most part, especially with some lousy QB play. If anything I see him as a "buy low" opportunity, if you look at his other two seasons and how much production he had, its clear he'd be worth a look, even trading up a bit, to acquire him.
See that's what I'm saying, I'm not a Lee fan boy. I think hes a talented kid and if he puts it all together will be heck of a pro. I've read to many times on this board how Lee was fragile or injury prone, and it's just not accurate. If you don't like the kid, fine, just don't be exaggerating details. (this paragraph is not direct at you Phoenix).

And to the other poster, I'm actually a huge Cooks fan and would love him to be a Niner. Been speaking highly of him all season. I see him as a Antonio Brown type WR in the NFL.
Lee
Matthews
Originally posted by Travisty13:
See that's what I'm saying, I'm not a Lee fan boy. I think hes a talented kid and if he puts it all together will be heck of a pro. I've read to many times on this board how Lee was fragile or injury prone, and it's just not accurate. If you don't like the kid, fine, just don't be exaggerating details. (this paragraph is not direct at you Phoenix).

And to the other poster, I'm actually a huge Cooks fan and would love him to be a Niner. Been speaking highly of him all season. I see him as a Antonio Brown type WR in the NFL.

Yeah I understand, I'll be happy with either or.
1. Donte Moncrief: Fantastic speed, quickness, and size.
2. Martavis Bryant: I think he has a loooooooooooong way to go to develop into a good, polished pro, but he might be the fastest receiver in this class.

As far as pure quickness? I really like Michael Campanero -- in my opinion, he's one of the closest players to Wes Welker in this draft.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone