LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 124 users in the forums

One speed WR, one size WR, your picks

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Marqise Lee
Donte Moncrief (or however you spell it)

My thoughts exactly but would also be happy with Odell Beckham and Moncrief !
Originally posted by Maui9er:
Watching Las Vagus Bowl.... Looking like I'd take Lee-speed & Adams-size. Nice watching both WRs during the same game

They both looked good out there tonight
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'll take both, give me Donte Moncrief, BOOM.

I haven't seen a wide receiver in that kind of 'shape' since the 1970's. Does he even know what a weight room looks like? Guessing his body fat is over %10
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Beckham in the 2nd, coleman in the 3rd
Originally posted by kronik:
I haven't seen a wide receiver in that kind of 'shape' since the 1970's. Does he even know what a weight room looks like? Guessing his body fat is over %10

Not sure if cereal.

Originally posted by Maui9er:
Harbaugh/Baalke have decided to pick 2 WRs within rounds 1-3. One SPEED WR, & one SIZE WR. They are also willing to move up to get the men they want. And they have entrusted you to make the selections. Who are your picks? Please keep reasonable player draft value in mind

Mine for example:
1) 49ers trade their 1st and third for the 18th pick and select Marqise Lee USC (speed)
2) 49ers trade ther 2nd and 4th for the 49th pick and select Jaeland Strong Arizona St. (size)

How about TWO receivers with size AND speed, kinda like nuts AND bolts, or sweet AND sour?(I really don't care who they are just as long as they can CATCH the pill)
Don't want to answer until the Combine and Pro Days. Would love if the Bigger WR's (Adams, Robinson, Moncrief) show some speed, too.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Don't want to answer until the Combine and Pro Days. Would love if the Bigger WR's (Adams, Robinson, Moncrief) show some speed, too.
Who cares about the combine that much? The only thing there what is relevant is the size. A simple day cannot erase game film. That event is totally overrated imo.
Jordan Matthews and Sammy Watkins. I wonder what it would take to get them both. I wonder if we would be crazy enough to make it happen? :-/
Im going with size, and size with speed.

2nd round: Kelvin Benjamin, FSU, 6'5, 235 lbs, 4.5 (40yds)
4th round: L'Damian Washington, Mizzou, 6'4, 205, 4.3 (40yds)

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Nice combination
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Nice combination

That works
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1. Allen Robinson or Donte Moncrief

2. Robbert Herron or Tevin Reese

In that combination I hope they are 9ers.
I'm changing my answer slightly, although I still would love Cooks/Matthews, a more unrealistic scenario would be Lee/Benjamin.

The more I think about it, the more I think Lee is being underrated. He was considered ELITE before this injury-riddled season. Wouldn't be surprised if he came in and had a Keenan Allen-type rookie year.

And I am very intrigued by Benjamin's ability to come down with contested throws in the endzone a la Alshon Jeffery. Hope he slips a bit after possibly running slow at the combine.

I am a fan of taking 2 WRs with the first 3 picks. Especially if they can't afford to re-sign Boldin.
I've been watching a lot of video lately and I'm starting to lean towards Allen Robinson bottom of the first and Odell B Jr in the 2nd. Is this probable?
Share 49ersWebzone