LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
First off Speed Score only works for RBs
(works meaning, it can predict success)

I think the speed score serves a illustrative function, not a predictive function, for wide receivers.

LOVED him as a 3rd, still love him as a 2nd, would live with it if he was our 1st. I wanted to let Whitner walk and get Joyner or Pryor in the first, snagging Moncrief with a 3rd round trade up (prob not now) or our 2 (maybe, but prob not). Now we'll prob need to use KC's 2 to snag him, but we could still get Herron in the third or Landry/Bryant (2-3) to go with him.

It feels good to have a ton of picks in this draft. It's like you throw a dart in any direction and hit a good WR this year. I just want us to get the best fit, and to unleash Kap's arm this year.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Good stuff, I definitely value your input.

Perhaps you are right, but I do feel like an above-average to very good cornerback could put our already stout defense over the edge -- giving us more flexibility with out blitz packages (as seldom as we blitz, it's something added); especially if Gilbert can provide an immediate upgrade at both KR and PR duties.

There is the chance he falls to where we feel he is a fit and the BPA in striking range and we bite

Good point, perhaps that would be in the late teens, early 20s range?
We really got to get this dude. Great athlete and very good wide receiver.
  • pfizz
this guy is really under the radar. barely hear him mentioned at all.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by pfizz:

You'll hear a lot more about him now

Lets keep it that way

You must not check the draft section a lot lmao

A ton of people here jerk it to Moncrief before they sleep every night lol

I know im guilty of it
Originally posted by valrod33:

I know im guilty of it

Zactly...and WTF is wrong with that?

Is he related to Sidney Moncrief who played basketball for Arkansas and Milwaukee? If so draft his a$$!!!
Another Mississippi boy just like Jerry Rice!
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Is he related to Sidney Moncrief who played basketball for Arkansas and Milwaukee? If so draft his a$$!!!

I think they have the same last name.
Good point lol

What's the likelihood that we trade up to nab Justin Gilbert and snatch a quality receiver with one of our seconds?

I agree with you. Both options are very intriguing but we need to replace Rogers and possibly Brown. With contract talks reportedly going well with Boldin and having Crabs and Patton under contract for at least 2014, Our WR core seems more stable of the two positions. I could make a case for any for the top 5-6 wr's in this draft as well as another 4-5 later round fliers. I could also make a case for the top 4-5 cb's and possibly another 4-5 later round fliers. I am sure our board is pretty much set and depending on the value left on the board @ #30 or if someone slips according to our value chart and we deem they are within range, we'll select the BPA (the HarBaalke way). Pretty good track record minus AJ.
Originally posted by sf1974:
Good point lol

What's the likelihood that we trade up to nab Justin Gilbert and snatch a quality receiver with one of our seconds?

I agree with you. Both options are very intriguing but we need to replace Rogers and possibly Brown. With contract talks reportedly going well with Boldin and having Crabs and Patton under contract for at least 2014, Our WR core seems more stable of the two positions. I could make a case for any for the top 5-6 wr's in this draft as well as another 4-5 later round fliers. I could also make a case for the top 4-5 cb's and possibly another 4-5 later round fliers. I am sure our board is pretty much set and depending on the value left on the board @ #30 or if someone slips according to our value chart and we deem they are within range, we'll select the BPA (the HarBaalke way). Pretty good track record minus AJ.

Well said and I absolutely agree. It's a good hear to have the needs that we have.
Share 49ersWebzone