There are 124 users in the forums

Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

Originally posted by 5280High:
Moncrief is a beast, to me he looks like of a similar player to Sanu but I only fully watched 2 of his games this year.

Not sure if I see the comparison -- but Sanu is certainly a talented player I really liked coming out of college. Moncrief in my mind is vastly superior and that why I love his potential as a prospect for us to take.

Moncrief is bigger, faster, and has a better health history than Sanu. He also played with a horrendous QB who overthrew him constantly. The amount of big plays left on the field by his QB missing him were quite substantial. All these adds up to a player I honestly view as a 1st round talent.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Moncrief is a beast, to me he looks like of a similar player to Sanu but I only fully watched 2 of his games this year.

Not sure if I see the comparison -- but Sanu is certainly a talented player I really liked coming out of college. Moncrief in my mind is vastly superior and that why I love his potential as a prospect for us to take.

Moncrief is bigger, faster, and has a better health history than Sanu. He also played with a horrendous QB who overthrew him constantly. The amount of big plays left on the field by his QB missing him were quite substantial. All these adds up to a player I honestly view as a 1st round talent.
He is going to be a star that everyone will be saying was the steal of the draft.

We may have to move up to the 2nd to get him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
With today's news of Baldwin's contract restructuring, Baalke's WR pursuits may change somewhat. By that I mean it seems like drafting a burner would be more of a priority. When Boldin re-signs Harbaugh will have mostly big-body WR's...Patton being the exception. Adding a Beckham, Landry, Cooks type sounds more likely now. Bring it on! TB could still draft a Moncrief or one of the bigger WR's to compete w/Baldwin for a roster spot...nothing like competition to improve the roster and in this case, the offense.

Yeah, apparently both parties liked each other enough to work out a deal
Originally posted by solidg2000:
With today's news of Baldwin's contract restructuring, Baalke's WR pursuits may change somewhat. By that I mean it seems like drafting a burner would be more of a priority. When Boldin re-signs Harbaugh will have mostly big-body WR's...Patton being the exception. Adding a Beckham, Landry, Cooks type sounds more likely now. Bring it on! TB could still draft a Moncrief or one of the bigger WR's to compete w/Baldwin for a roster spot...nothing like competition to improve the roster and in this case, the offense.

Is Landry fast? I thought he was like Crabtree when it came to "speed"
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by solidg2000:

He's like Crabtree only in that he has great hands and is more of a possession type receiver.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I've seen Landry compared to Boldin because of toughness and hands, we'll see his 40 on Sunday.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Thank you.....Wallace gets way overhyped at times, he can be incredibly erratic, turns into the duck chucker with alarming frequency.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Thank you.....Wallace gets way overhyped at times, he can be incredibly erratic, turns into the duck chucker with alarming frequency.

Yeah Ole Miss had a crappy qb and Moncrief still looked good. I hope we get him.
OFFICIAL - 4.40. 3rd fastest behind brown and cooks

Just for comparisons sake:

Sammy Watkins 4.43 official BJ: 10'6" V: 34" (6'0 3/4", 211 lbs.)

Donte Moncrief 4.40 official BJ: 11'5" V: 39" (6'2 3/8", 221 lbs.)
(Also had a freaking 1.50 10yd split!)
[ Edited by Timdiz on Feb 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM ]

Quality Combine performance so far has answered some questions about his speed.
Kap will be able to Feed Moncrief
Kid moved up at least 1 round with his combine results. I am starting to really want them to draft him. 1st round talent that can be had in the 2nd!
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Kid moved up at least 1 round with his combine results. I am starting to really want them to draft him. 1st round talent that can be had in the 2nd!
I've liked him the most of any WR in this draft when you consider him being a WR with good size ability and he was not caught from behind from what I've seen. Hell I would draft him at thirty but I never wanted to sound foolish. I know he isn't the vision of the field stretcher we've needed but I feel he can be a complete WR and not some one tooled gimmick deep threat speed guy. Now I fear other teams are going to be all over this guy early in the draft!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM ]
I want this guy even at our first pick
Share 49ersWebzone