LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

Why can't people like both prospects like I do? Geez.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

this.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

this.

I'd be perfectly happy with either one.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

this.

both are excellent receivers, but people are so focused on the type of receivers they are. i just want good overall receivers on my team. burners or possession receivers, it doesn't matter.
Interesting that Matt Barrows said that Moncrief is bigger and more physical than Jordan Matthews, but Matthews is faster, stronger hands, and better route runner

Matthews does run better routes, but he's not faster than Moncrief.

That said I like Matthews slightly more than Moncrief. Like by a hair. Because Matthews has giant arms & hands & has a great attitude. High floor.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Right because we wouldn't be able to pick up defensive help with our second round picks...

If you can name a rookie who can come in and contribute to our defense that isn't a first round talent please feel free..

I'm waiting

Note: And i am also talking about a full game contributor, not some dime package CB or 3rd string ILB

If you're talking starter right away then no one, even in the 1st

Any and all CB will be a Nickel at best
Any and all DL or LB would be back up
Even Clowney would only be a rotational guy non starter

There's a ton of defensive talent in round 2
What position do you want me to list?
Okay, I've looked at NUMEROUS Mock Drafts (both on the Zone and off the Zone), and I see everyone seems to either do these:

Scenario #1: Round 1 (Brandin Cook, WR), Round 2 (Tall CB; Marcus Martin, C)

Scenario #2: Round 2 (Best CB available), Round 2 (Donte Moncrief, WR; Marcus Martin, C)

So, based on these two scenarios, I see us playing more of the second scenario, but that leaves me to question the pick of Donte Moncrief...mainly, will he fit best for us?

After reading this thread, it seems Moncrief is fast and has leaping ability, yet is limited by route running and a "case of the dropsies" (the reasoning of bad hands or poor QB play is still under debate in my mind).

Now, this leads me to question why we would want him versus the likes of Jordan Matthews from Vandy, who may be slower, but his route running is so on-spot that he gets separation and has the on-field production Moncrief lacked, or Davante Adam from Fresno State, who is faster than Matthews, produced on the field more than Moncrief, and can play ST while behind Boldin/Crabtree.

In either case, I just want to ask two questions: Is Donte Moncrief a better prospect than Matthews/Adams?, and who would contribute more in our system? I'm also under the assumption Crabtree doesn't resign next year and we are in need of a potential #1 WR.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

this.

As well!

hey I'm there with you. M&M from SEC
Would not be surprised to see a team take Moncrief at the end of the 1st round. Would not be shocked at all to see the 49ers or Seahawks pull the trigger. Seahawks lost Sidney Rice and Harvin is always an injury risk, despite his explosive ability.

Bwahahahaha
Like I said, no way he goes before the 3rd
But really, Moncrief has no more excuses
He has a great QB throwing to him
He has a great supporting cast
And he has a pass happy offense
If he doesn't produce, then he just suxors
whew so glad we didnt draft this guy.

been saying it the whole time 1st round measurables, but 4th round talent.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM ]
just had a breakout game with his first good amount of snaps since reggie wayne was out. 7 catches 113 yards and 1 TD. really wish we snagged this guy
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
just had a breakout game with his first good amount of snaps since reggie wayne was out. 7 catches 113 yards and 1 TD. really wish we snagged this guy
Yeah Martavis Bryant went off as well.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Not just this guy, all of the big WR's we wanted or were pulling for to be drafted by us seem to be good. Kelvin Benjiman, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Addams, and Bryant.
Share 49ersWebzone