There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

Originally posted by genus49:
You'll hear a lot more about him now

Looks like I was wrong...haven't heard much about him but a lot of receivers looked good at the combine(just further reinforces how epic this class is)

If Bo Wallace had better accuracy, especially on his deep passes, Moncrief could have been far more productive.

I really want this guy to be a 49er, he's always great at using doubles moves, stutter steps, getting the defensive back off his coverage and being able to get past them to get open.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM ]
I think it has been said on here but he does remind me of josh Gordon watching his tape!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Bo Wallace had better accuracy, especially on his deep passes, Moncrief could have been far more productive.

I really want this guy to be a 49er, he's always great at using doubles moves, stutter steps, getting the defensive back off his coverage and being able to get past them to get open.

He blew by Eric Reid with ease. Wow!

Do it, BALKE!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
He blew by Eric Reid with ease. Wow!

Do it, BALKE!

Lots of players did that year unfortunately. But yes.....want
While there are many other's I'd be happy with, Moncrief is the one player I'd dang near crap myself if we landed him in this draft.
It will be fun to watch the first day of the draft to see just how many WRs go early. There seems to be quite a bit of movement at the moment and I think they could drop down due to the great number of quality guys. OLmen, DLmen and QBs may dominate the first round, leaving some really good WRs late in the second for the niners picks. Don't want to wait...impatient by nature...come on draft!
Wow, I had no idea the zone loves him so much. I'm glad we all share the same draft crush. Where do you guys think he will in the draft now that he performed so well in the combine?
I feel like he's this years' Patton, gonna fall fall fall then bam, "with the such and such pick of the 2014 draft, the Niners select..."
I'm saying it now, Donte Moncrief will be a San Francisco 49er!!!!! Be it in 1st round or whatever!!!!!
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I feel like he's this years' Patton, gonna fall fall fall then bam, "with the such and such pick of the 2014 draft, the Niners select..."

Why do you think he'll fall?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Is he related to Sidney Moncrief who played basketball for Arkansas and Milwaukee? If so draft his a$$!!!

I think they have the same last name.

Really...Sidney Moncrief/Donte Moncrief...ya think???
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Is he related to Sidney Moncrief who played basketball for Arkansas and Milwaukee? If so draft his a$$!!!

I think they have the same last name.

Really...Sidney Moncrief/Donte Moncrief...ya think???

Yup, I heard it somewhere. Now that you say it like that, though, it seems a little far-fetched.
I've been a big Cody latimer fan since i love his blocking ability, but the more I see of Moncrief the more I think he'd be a better fit due to his ability to get downfield before the ball is in his hands. A lot of bigger WR can get away once they get the ball and build momentum, but he is a downfield threat from the snap.