LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Cooper Mid-Season Mock Draft

1. Bradley Roby, CB, 5-11, 192, Ohio State
-Maybe the most athletic corner with the best cover skills in the entire draft. However, due to his off the field issues and recent inconsistent play, he falls to the end of the first round. Could be a potential shutdown corner in the NFL. We haven't made any progress to a T Brown deal, and if we can't reach a deal with him (I don't think we will), we need to draft a corner early.

TRADE the Chiefs 2nd round pick and our 4th round pick for an early 2nd round pick.

2a. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, 5-11, 193, LSU
-A fast, play-making ability receiver with good hands. He also is arguably the best return man in college. All of these attributes are what we desperately need in a receiver. Assuming we bring Boldin back, our 2 starting receivers (Boldin and Crabtree) are both possession receivers. It has been proven in order to beat our best competition in the NFC West, you need fast, agile receivers to combat the big corners in Seattle. Beckham has this ability.

2b. Dion Bailey, S, 6-0, 200, USC
-A converted safety from linebacker, who played safety in high school. Is very athletic with great ball skills and hitting ability. Also plays with swag, which would be kind of interesting to see next to Eric Reid who plays with a type of humbleness. Would be a great candidate to pair next to Eric Reid for years to come.

TRADE the Titans 3rd round pick and our 6th round pick for a late second round pick

2c. Hroniss Grasu, C, 6-3, 298, Oregon
-Extremely athletic center who gets to the second level and pulls very well. Also exceptional in pass blocking. Goodwin is far and away our weakest link on the O-line and either Kilgore or Looney would have taken the starting position if they were anywhere good enough by now in my opinion.

3. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 6-2, 222, Eastern Illinois
-Can develop into a starting quarterback in the NFL. Coming from a small school and the lack of "elite" arm strength knock him to the third round. However his accuracy, pocket presence, ability to evade pressure, and quickness will make him a top notch backup in his rookie year under Harbaugh's wing.

3. (comp.) Cody Hoffman, WR, 6-3, 215, BYU
-We draft our second receiver, but this time it is a big, strong receiver who has the ability to catch the deep pass. Whether we resign Boldin or not, I think we should draft 2 receivers. This would be a good get. Hoffman has had great college production, but has been quiet against tougher competition and had some off the field problems, which will cause him to fall in the draft

TRADE our 5th and a 7th round pick for an early 5th round pick

5. Ron Powell, OLB, 6-3, 240, Florida
-A top recruit coming out of high school, Powell's college career has been plagued with expectations and injuries. He is super athletic with good instincts and pass rush ability, but injuries have plagued his college career.

7a. Cairo Santos, K, 5-8, 160, Tulane
-He's a kicker

7b. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, 6-3, 220, Nebraska
-A huge corner with big play ability (4 ints this year) who could potentially develop into a role player and possibly a starter.

7c. Traded for a 2015 6th round pick

At this point in the season, it is hard to tell where these prospects will go in the draft, but this is an approximation. I chose players who I really like at a draft position in which I think they'll go, backed up by CBS Sports prospect rankings, along with several other rankings/ mock drafts.
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Nov 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
wow, very realistic. I like it. Trades make sense, would love Roby and Beckham Jr. Haven't seen Bailey this year, but heard he is good this year. Looks good to me.
Would be really happy with this, other than Bailey and the Kicker.

Hoffman may be slightly early, but i could see him going that way. Gimme an Hback project in the seventh instead of the Kicker, and gimme a differant S, and i would be real happy.

I have us taking Roby, Grasu, and Hoffman in my early draft as well.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Would be really happy with this, other than Bailey and the Kicker.

Hoffman may be slightly early, but i could see him going that way. Gimme an Hback project in the seventh instead of the Kicker, and gimme a differant S, and i would be real happy.

I have us taking Roby, Grasu, and Hoffman in my early draft as well.

What don't you like about Bailey?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
wow, very realistic. I like it. Trades make sense, would love Roby and Beckham Jr. Haven't seen Bailey this year, but heard he is good this year. Looks good to me.

Thanks! Yeah Bailey is a guy that hasn't had much buzz but I think will start garnering a lot of attention in the offseason. He's had some injuries this year but has played well.
I like it. Particularly the Beckham, Garropolo, Hoffman and Powell picks.
I like roby,beckham jr, and garopollo. Haven't seen much of grasu or bailey. Like Hoffman and Jean-baptiste too
I like roby,beckham jr, and garopollo. Haven't seen much of grasu or bailey. Like Hoffman and Jean-baptiste too
Would cream my pants!! Roby is my favorite CB, been talking up Bailey for awhile as he's my favorite SS prospect, Beckam is badass, and Stanley Jean is a perfect developmental CB. Only problem is he won't last til the 7th due to love of tall CBs now. I'd take him with a fourth, but I honestly believe he'll go on day two
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
We share the same mindset on a lot of these picks. Nice job.

Your first four picks fill immediate voids on our team. Gone: Goodwin, Brown, Whitner

Saves us a ton of money for extensions to Kaep, Iupati, etc.

I love that you put a value on more second round picks, this is where blue chip talent falls, players that produce but are not the winners at the underwear olympics known as the combine.

I really llike the qb pick in round 3.

Personally I would like a NT and back up OT added to the list. OLB could also be a high priority if the legal situation goes south for Smith
wait, we got the titan's 3rd round pick?
I like tha positions ur taken not sure about tha players i dont watch much college ball so ill have to read up .on them .... i dont think a 3rd N a 6th would get a 2nd rounder.... I like tha huffman pick not to sold on taken a QB in tha 3rd ... not sure about taken a olb when we dont really have no one behind willis N bowman ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I like tha positions ur taken not sure about tha players i dont watch much college ball so ill have to read up .on them .... i dont think a 3rd N a 6th would get a 2nd rounder.... I like tha huffman pick not to sold on taken a QB in tha 3rd ... not sure about taken a olb when we dont really have no one behind willis N bowman ...

Wilhoite and Moody?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Wilhoite and Moody?

Lol my bad i forgot about them
Share 49ersWebzone