There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jordan Lynch, on that Colin Kaepernick time.

10/13, 160 yards, 1 TD passing, 119 yards rushing and 4 TD's today.

I've thought for awhile that he could be worth a look as a 7th rounder or UDFA. Undersized, average arm strength...etc...etc but he's put up some plain goofy numbers over the last season and a half, he could be an interesting guy to throw into the mix in training camp, maybe help people get over their BJ Daniels withdrawal. He's got a better arm than he's credited with, definitely more arm strength than Colt McCoy, he's also a very good team leader, a hard worker, a film-watching devotee, he has a lot of the same traits as Kaepernick and just as Kaepernick did, Lynch is blowing up the record books when it comes passing and rushing statistics for a QB. He's a very tough, smart resilient player and a guy I think Harbaugh could be very fond of, just a very gritty, no nonsense player who will do whatever it takes to win.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM ]
Tough Chicago kid who plays with a chip on his shoulder and loves the game. I love Lynch. He's gritty and will do whatever to win. Pass, run, catch (has a receiving TD on the season), it doesn't matter. What's more blue-collar, come to work and do the job til it's completed than getting your Heisman campaign promoted with a lunchbox. He's definitely a type Harbaugh guy.

looks like UDFA to me
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Tough Chicago kid who plays with a chip on his shoulder and loves the game. I love Lynch. He's gritty and will do whatever to win. Pass, run, catch (has a receiving TD on the season), it doesn't matter. What's more blue-collar, come to work and do the job til it's completed than getting your Heisman campaign promoted with a lunchbox. He's definitely a type Harbaugh guy.

I agree, would be happy to see the 49ers take him in the 7th round, let him develop into a quality NFL backup QB.
that's nice
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Considering we have like 10 7th round picks, I wouldn't be against selecting him to see how he competes in training camp.

That being said, Collin Klein (6-5 in height) put up eye popping numbers as well, and played in a tougher conference. And he barely got a sniff as a UDFA - invited to the Texans rookie camp, and wasn't offered a contract.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's nice

Originally posted by GEEK:
Considering we have like 10 7th round picks, I wouldn't be against selecting him to see how he competes in training camp.

That being said, Collin Klein (6-5 in height) put up eye popping numbers as well, and played in a tougher conference. And he barely got a sniff as a UDFA - invited to the Texans rookie camp, and wasn't offered a contract.

Because Collin Klein isn't a QB and at the Combine he was a douchebag to people and refused to workout with the TE's. Teams will still look at Lynch as a RB and WR but he's definitely a better, more natural passer than Klein was.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
10/13, 160 yards, 1 TD passing, 119 yards rushing and 4 TD's today.

You forgot the 2 games prior to this week

16/20 223 yards 4 TD passes 99 rushing yards 1 rushing TD

20/30 155 yards 1 TD pass 316 rushing yards 3 rushing TD's
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Nov 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM ]
Measurables?

How fast is he?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Measurables?

How fast is he?

6 foot, 210lbs

Probably 4.65 speed

He is basically Tebow of the MAC, not CK
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
6 foot, 210lbs

Probably 4.65 speed

He might be even a little faster than that. I think he's a pretty good late round QB prospect, has the potential to develop into a very good backup, borderline NFL starter.
nm
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Measurables?

How fast is he?

6 foot, 210lbs

Probably 4.65 speed

Tebow's speed on Madden; 85, Kaep's speed on Madden; 88, Jordan Lynch's speed on NCAA 14; 85. I know most of you thinks it's dumb to use videos games as a reference but EA pays companies like Pro Football Outsiders to come up with these stats based on real life measurable etc. More often than not I find those ratings to be a good litmus test for a players strengths weaknesses.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
This dude is beasting tonight! Doesn't hurt to take a look at him. Late rnd or UDFA.