There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gator Hoskins- Late round H-back.

Love this kid. Potential H-back replacment for Delanie. 6-2, 244.


http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/503264/gator-hoskins
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM ]
Now I know you guys are just throwing out made up players to confuse us non experts. JK. I'm waiting for you, Phoenix or someone else to be the first guy to throw out a division 3 guy.

I think I'll start making threads with these names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gODZzSOelss#t=31

That or I'll go to the bottom of this list: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/all

Drew "what's the" Dileo, Will Shamburger(ler),Kevin "not the same as pedo" Pamphile.

Just kidding though glad we have you draft experts to help the rest of us get our feet wet for when we start preparing. Was a lot easier to start when we were bad and out of it by week 8. Last year's SB run was so caught up didn't dig in as much as I had in the past.

P.S. I did see a little bit of Delanie on a few of those plays. Also, the QB looks good.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Now I know you guys are just throwing out made up players to confuse us non experts. JK. I'm waiting for you, Phoenix or someone else to be the first guy to throw out a division 3 guy.

I think I'll start making threads with these names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gODZzSOelss#t=31

That or I'll go to the bottom of this list: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/all

Drew "what's the" Dileo, Will Shamburger(ler),Kevin "not the same as pedo" Pamphile.

Just kidding though glad we have you draft experts to help the rest of us get our feet wet for when we start preparing. Was a lot easier to start when we were bad and out of it by week 8. Last year's SB run was so caught up didn't dig in as much as I had in the past.

With a name like Gator Hoskins, you know hes gonna be a badass.

But for real, 10 td's last season to lead TE's nationally, and second in TD's overall in C-usa.

Has 6 so far this season.

Had a 10.7 average last season, and has a 15.7 average this season.

You will see him listed as FB/TE a true H-back.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

P.S. I did see a little bit of Delanie on a few of those plays. Also, the QB looks good.
Rakeem Cato has a lot of potential. Hes a Junior, and is unlikely to declare this season. He is haing a bit of a down season compared to his sophmore campaign.

Needs some work on his throwing mechanics . He has a bit of a "looping" throwing motion, but his elusiveness is second to none and he is good at throwing on the run.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rakeem Cato has a lot of potential. Hes a Junior, and is unlikely to declare this season. He is haing a bit of a down season compared to his sophmore campaign.

Needs some work on his throwing mechanics . He has a bit of a "looping" throwing motion, but his elusiveness is second to none and he is good at throwing on the run.

Yeah like you said very elusive and throws well on the run. Seems to have a good enough arm too. Like you said might be wise for him to stay in school come out next year since this is a loaded QB class. You think he will rise up to high to mid rounds or end up late if he went back to school and did well? Maybe we can get him in the late rounds to replace BJ Daniels. Seems to be a backup or 3rd string project in the NFL at worst but I'm sure teams would have him add a little bulk.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rakeem Cato has a lot of potential. Hes a Junior, and is unlikely to declare this season. He is haing a bit of a down season compared to his sophmore campaign.

Needs some work on his throwing mechanics . He has a bit of a "looping" throwing motion, but his elusiveness is second to none and he is good at throwing on the run.

Yeah like you said very elusive and throws well on the run. Seems to have a good enough arm too. Like you said might be wise for him to stay in school come out next year since this is a loaded QB class. You think he will rise up to high to mid rounds or end up late if he went back to school and did well? Maybe we can get him in the late rounds to replace BJ Daniels. Seems to be a backup or 3rd string project in the NFL at worst but I'm sure teams would have him add a little bulk.

I think it really depends on what he does with the remainder this season and next season. As a sophmore he led the nation in average passing yards and average completions. He was also C-USA player of the year. 37 Td's 11 INT. This season he only has 15 Td's to 6 INT. His comp % is also down from 69.5 to 58.6

He has had kind of an interesting transition. When he came to Marshall he was 6-0 and only 150 pounds. He got alot of criticism about being too skinny. He is up to about 195 now, and by all accounts has not only gotten bigger, but stronger, faster, and more agile.

He is an interesting prospect for a QB coach for sure.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think it really depends on what he does with the remainder this season and next season. As a sophmore he led the nation in average passing yards and average completions. He was also C-USA player of the year. 37 Td's 11 INT. This season he only has 15 Td's to 6 INT. His comp % is also down from 69.5 to 58.6

He has had kind of an interesting transition. When he came to Marshall he was 6-0 and only 150 pounds. He got alot of criticism about being too skinny. He is up to about 195 now, and by all accounts has not only gotten bigger, but stronger, faster, and more agile.

He is an interesting prospect for a QB coach for sure.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the work you guys put in.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

P.S. I did see a little bit of Delanie on a few of those plays. Also, the QB looks good.
Rakeem Cato has a lot of potential. Hes a Junior, and is unlikely to declare this season. He is haing a bit of a down season compared to his sophmore campaign.

Needs some work on his throwing mechanics . He has a bit of a "looping" throwing motion, but his elusiveness is second to none and he is good at throwing on the run.


(Thinks to self: "what is a looping throwing motion")

(watches first two passes) Oohhhhhh...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Thanks for the info. Appreciate the work you guys put in.

No worries man. I appreciate your analysis as well.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
(Thinks to self: "what is a looping throwing motion")

(watches first two passes) Oohhhhhh...

Yea. To be fair though he has improved. He was really raw and undersized. He is taking all the right steps, and is making really good progress as a QB.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
With a name like Gator Hoskins, you know hes gonna be a badass.

But for real, 10 td's last season to lead TE's nationally, and second in TD's overall in C-usa.

Has 6 so far this season.

Had a 10.7 average last season, and has a 15.7 average this season.

You will see him listed as FB/TE a true H-back.

He's not Bear Pascoe though.
Gator had another TD this weekend. Up to 7 this season. Three games in a row with a TD.

Rakeem Cato had his best game of the year, 75% completion percentage, 5 TD's
I like Cato more than our backup already
gator hoskins--sounds like a burt reynolds movie

niners did have a dlineman years ago named bob hoskins
Originally posted by hofer36:
gator hoskins--sounds like a burt reynolds movie

niners did have a dlineman years ago named bob hoskins



Super Mario played for the niners???