There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Gameplan's 2014 Midseason Mock Draft Video

Originally posted by EmDiggy:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This guy knows how to package his product nicely, but the product is average at best.

How?

I will just use the Niners pick as an example. You know the Niners have two major needs, CB and WR. You choose an undersized S when their need is more pronounced at CB. If you knew your stuff, you also know the Niners are looking for bigger, taller CB's like their rival Seahawks have. Joyner is a decent pick, but not exactly inspiring. The Niners could take Marquise Lee who would add some much needed speed and playmaking ability to a depleted WR corps. He's had a down year, but that is more because of the uncertainty at QB.
I will just use the Niners pick as an example. You know the Niners have two major needs, CB and WR. You choose an undersized S when their need is more pronounced at CB. If you knew your stuff, you also know the Niners are looking for bigger, taller CB's like their rival Seahawks have. Joyner is a decent pick, but not exactly inspiring. The Niners could take Marquise Lee who would add some much needed speed and playmaking ability to a depleted WR corps. He's had a down year, but that is more because of the uncertainty at QB.

This was all you needed to say.

Lee took entirely too many snaps last year. He literally carries USC on his back, and now he's hurting.

He's not having a down year. He's injured and his play is suffering.

Lee wont make it to us anyway.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No Lewan or Kouandjio either.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Has us passing on Marquis Lee for a 5'8" corner.

SAD FACE INDEED!

LMFAO u people dont want midget CBs but yall want midget WR now thats just funny ....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
LMFAO u people dont want midget CBs but yall want midget WR now thats just funny ....

6'0 is not midget height. They're have been plenty of successful NFL receivers who were under 6'0.

Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings.

Marqise Lee has the potential to be better than all of them. Lee has the catching radius of Jennings, the route running ability of Welker, and the after-the-catch speed of Jackson.

Just wait. The combine is going to shut up everyone.

Joyners the guy who had that sick sack/fumble on Boyd. Bout it.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

6'0 is not midget height. They're have been plenty of successful NFL receivers who were under 6'0.

Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings.

Marqise Lee has the potential to be better than all of them. Lee has the catching radius of Jennings, the route running ability of Welker, and the after-the-catch speed of Jackson.

Just wait. The combine is going to shut up everyone.

Joyners the guy who had that sick sack/fumble on Boyd. Bout it.

My comment was more about tha 5'8 CB not lee ....

If you knew your stuff, you'd understand that height has little to do with talent. Also, the 49ers value versatility. Joyner can play both CB & S.. WR I'm willing to bet that they are good with Crabtree, Patton and a healthy Manningham while still working with Baldwin so IMHO, WR is the least of your problems. Plus, Carlos Rogers is a liability.

If you knew your stuff, you'd understand that height has little to do with talent. Also, the 49ers value versatility. Joyner can play both CB & S.. WR I'm willing to bet that they are good with Crabtree, Patton and a healthy Manningham while still working with Baldwin so IMHO, WR is the least of your problems. Plus, Carlos Rogers is a liability.

Going into next season the 49ers have three WR's under contract. Crabs, Patton, Baldwin. Thats not very inspiring. They will draft several WR's.
IdahoNinerVeteranPosts:
Going into next season the 49ers have three WR's under contract. Crabs, Patton, Baldwin. Thats not very inspiring. They will draft several WR's.

This BIG time!
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No Lewan or Kouandjio either.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Has us passing on Marquis Lee for a 5'8" corner.

SAD FACE INDEED!

This

he just pulling names out his back side

Manningham is not even guaranteed to be back next year. Crabtree is the only proven receiver that is guaranteed to be back (and who knows what he'll look like after that injury). You think we could survive with an injury prone unproven rookie WR and another WR from Kansas City that was considered a bust before he came to us and still as far as I'm concerned, unproven? Kind of pathetic.

I do agree that CB is going to be a big need next year as well but downplaying the issues with the WR core has gone on far too long.
This guy knows how to package his product nicely, but the product is average at best.

How?

Em you do a nice job. I appreciate your efforts. Some can disagree with some picks. And that's fine. But it takes time and effort to put all this together too. And we appreciate you also.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

How?

Em you do a nice job. I appreciate your efforts. Some can disagree with some picks. And that's fine. But it takes time and effort to put all this together too. And we appreciate you also.

Oh i agree. While i disagree with the pick, as well as his justification for the pick, its definitely a nice presentation and i enjoy watching his stuff.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

The Niners will also be getting Chris Culliver back from injury next year and they are talking about extending Tarrell Brown so the need is greatest at WR. Joyner's versatility is nice and height does not talent, but I think that the Niners would take a Marquise Lee at that point in the draft over Joyner if they were both available.