LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Ra'Shede Hageman DL Minnesota

I suppose the argument I used as to why going after a pass rusher in 2011 is more important than going after a DB (Robert Quinn over Prince Amukamara) definitely applies here. If we have a fierce D-line rotation to match with best front four in the league, they will make our DBs look GREAT. We saw what it did for Carlos Rogers in 2011. I also do realize that we can get both of the receivers we need in the second round and Baalke is a pretty much a homerun hitter when it comes to drafting DBs or even finding UDFAs (Tramaine Brock, Chris Culliver, Marcus Cooper, Darryl Morris, and Eric Reid).

I'll admit it. I'm sold, not necessarily on Hageman, but just that it isn't out of the question that we draft a DE in the first. . It isn't likely that we get either of the two best corners available and I do not want to trade up to get them either. It's a lot of ifs, but if we resign Boldin, extend Crabtree, and resign Whitner, then and only then do I believe we should go DE in the first. Having both Boldin and Crabtree back beyond 2014 ensures we don't absolutely have to take a receiver in the first and can comfortably wait until the second round. Adding an impact player on the D-line would also help out whoever we have in the secondary.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM ]
I have been a big advocate for trading up and drafting a CB. But lately Im wondering if they couldnt get better value drafting a CB in the 2nd-3rd rd. Is Gilbert a shut down #1 CB?

At the same time, the DE depth is a little scary behind Mcdonald. Drafting Hagerman or Tuitt to provide a big pillar at DE is the kind of pick the Patriots have made in the past.
Originally posted by Butter:
I have been a big advocate for trading up and drafting a CB. But lately Im wondering if they couldnt get better value drafting a CB in the 2nd-3rd rd. Is Gilbert a shut down #1 CB?

At the same time, the DE depth is a little scary behind Mcdonald. Drafting Hagerman or Tuitt to provide a big pillar at DE is the kind of pick the Patriots have made in the past.

Hageman, Tuitt or Ealy, give me any of those 3, let them work with Tomsula, I won't even be mad. Continue building this team around the front seven.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hageman, Tuitt or Ealy, give me any of those 3, let them work with Tomsula, I won't even be mad. Continue building this team around the front seven.

I'd rather draft Dominque Easley late, and have him redshirt 2014.

I like Hageman, but doesn't fit in the numbers game. And DE is not a TOP priority with Carridine and Okoye. Glenn Dorsey can also play DE as well.

If Hageman drops in to the late 2nd round, I'd take him. But not in the first.

Personally think a DOMINANT Nose Tackle in next years draft would help this team. Someone in the mold of Haloti Ngata.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I'd rather draft Dominque Easley late, and have him redshirt 2014.

I like Hageman, but doesn't fit in the numbers game. And DE is not a TOP priority with Carridine and Okoye. Glenn Dorsey can also play DE as well.

If Hageman drops in to the late 2nd round, I'd take him. But not in the first.

Personally think a DOMINANT Nose Tackle in next years draft would help this team. Someone in the mold of Haloti Ngata.

• xcfan
  • Veteran

i seriously think tuitt with tomsula could end up as good as cowboy. i have tuitt ahead of every wide receiver, so if we could get him for a 1st and 3rd, i wouldn't feel any remorse for missing any of the handful of top receivers. with this trade, we can still come out of the draft with starting material at wr, cb, and ss; even get 1 or 2 developmental receivers with some specialness in rounds 4-7.
[ Edited by xcfan on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM ]
Came out with some nice combine #'s. 6'5", 310, 34 1/4" arms, 32 on the bench press, 5.02 40 and a 35.5" vertical.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
rule #1: don't draft players that have the personality of a glue sniffer.
Originally posted by xcfan:

Might not be a bad thing.

Now you're being ridiculous, from everything I've seen he's a pretty laidback, nice guy off the field and very fiery, pumped up and kind of a wild man on the field.

Came out with some nice combine #'s. 6'5", 310, 34 1/4" arms, 32 on the bench press, 5.02 40 and a 35.5" vertical.

Very impressive. Curious who you have rated higher between him and Tuitt. They're both great prospects imo.

Now you're being ridiculous, from everything I've seen he's a pretty laidback, nice guy off the field and very fiery, pumped up and kind of a wild man on the field.

Thank you that makes me like him even more.. I would not mind to see the niners drafting him.

1 - Hageman DE/DT
2 - Moncrief WR
2 - Jean-Baptiste CB

This would make me smile.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Thank you that makes me like him even more.. I would not mind to see the niners drafting him.

1 - Hageman DE/DT
2 - Moncrief WR
2 - Jean-Baptiste CB

This would make me smile.

This would make me CREAMPIE!! Would Love this.
Originally posted by kronik:
Very impressive. Curious who you have rated higher between him and Tuitt. They're both great prospects imo.

I think Tuitt should be rated higher than Hageman. They're both great prospects right now, but I think Tuitt's ceiling is significantly higher. My 3-4 DEs are:

1. Tuitt
2. Hageman
3. Easley
I want Rashede or Tuitt at #30. I've always believed that a strong front 7 can make a lot of secondarys look decent. Justin is getting up there as is Ray Mac, so Rashede makes a ton of sense as does Tuitt.
Share 49ersWebzone