There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ra'Shede Hageman DL Minnesota

Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, except Okoye is still an absolute longshot after having never played football in his life. Hageman with the right coaching could be a dominating presence for a decade or more.

Lawrence Okoye was a low risk, high reward type player.
Lawrence Okoye has never played football, but he's played rugby (football with no pads). So I think the never played football concerns are a bit exaggerated.

Okoye has 1 year under his belt with the 49ers. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

Obviously the 49ers coaching staff thought highly of him. Enough to invest $480,000 to have him learn for a year.

As do I. I still don't think he will be ready to contribute in 2014, but in 2015, look out. It's times like these that you wish NFL Europe were still around so a guy like him can get game time experience instead of having to wait until preseason.
Do you guys think he's a better prospect than Tuitt?
Okoye is the better athlete. However, Tuitt is the better prospect at this point because of his experience in a tough conference and he has proven it in big games.

Okoye reminds me of Eric Swann. A freak of an athlete and like Okoye, Swann was also a track star albeit high school. Swann ran an 4.73 -4.85 40 yard dash, with 32 " vert and 400 pound bench athletic feats that Okoye is also capable of. Swann, never played college ball, but he did play semi-pro.

The similarities between Swann and Okoye give me a lot of hope and belief in the ability of Okoye to contribute this year.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Lawrence Okoye was a low risk, high reward type player.
Lawrence Okoye has never played football, but he's played rugby (football with no pads). So I think the never played football concerns are a bit exaggerated.

Okoye has 1 year under his belt with the 49ers. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

Obviously the 49ers coaching staff thought highly of him. Enough to invest $480,000 to have him learn for a year.

49ers have signed a bunch of guys who would never end up playing for them. At this point, Okoye is still an extreme longshot at best. Hageman is someone who could contribute right away, next season, not hopefully 2-3 years from now.
49ers have signed a bunch of guys who would never end up playing for them. At this point, Okoye is still an extreme longshot at best. Hageman is someone who could contribute right away, next season, not hopefully 2-3 years from now.

The 49ers have Tank Carradine drafted 40th overall last year, Nose Tackle Dial another rookie and the return of their starting Nose Tackle last year Ian Williams which would also move Glenn Dorsey to DE where he can rotate with Smith and McDonald.

I like Hagemen, he seems like the prototype 3-4 DE. But IMHO, he is a luxury pick in the 1st.

I think a CB (assuming the loss of Brown) is a priority as we still don't know how Chris Culliver will return from his injury. Will he have the same speed and agility? Carlos Rogers is 32 and overpaid.

Safety is another position of need. I like Whitner, but changing your name to "Hitner" next year is not going to endear yourself to the referees. Signing another Safety or drafting another would be the better option.

WR is also another option as regardless of whether or not we re-sign Boldin he's old and Crabtree is a free agent after next year and we all remember how he held out his rookie year with his NFL contract demands.

Just my 2 cents, but I would get a CB, Safety and WR (in any order) with our 1st 3 picks.
If he is the best player available I'm all for it.

"Minnesota DL Ra'Shede Hageman will post "J.J. Watt-like numbers at the Combine," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

"From a physical standpoint, he is everything," Brooks adds. Watt posted a ridiculous 4.81 forty to go along with 34 bench press reps and three-cone drill of 6.88 seconds at 6'5/290 pounds. Those numbers will be nearly impossible to replicate. "

So much do want.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
impressive to look at; unimpressive to listen to.
Originally posted by xcfan:
impressive to look at; unimpressive to listen to.

Couldn't care less what he sounds like. As long as he gets it done on the field, dude could talk like Borat and not a single f**k will be given.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Couldn't care less what he sounds like. As long as he gets it done on the field, dude could talk like Borat and not a single f**k will be given.

in the interview i saw, he sounded unintelligent. it's nice to have a mentally sharp player.
in the interview i saw, he sounded unintelligent. it's nice to have a mentally sharp player.

By that same token, there's a whole lot of players who should never have been drafted. Football intelligence doesn't require one to be well-spoken, nor do you have to possess a large degree of book smarts.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Potential 3-4 defensive ends in the 2014.

Yup, I have another table.

[(SACKS + TACKLES FOR LOSS) / NUMBER OF COLLEGE GAMES PLAYED = PRODUCTION RATIO]

The Production Ration attempts to measure the playmaking potential of players who could play defensive end in a 3-4.

In the table below, the numbers are based on the last two years of a players' college production.

What you want in a Production Ratio is a score of 1.0 or better. The higher the number, the better

I hope this is useful.

• buck
  • Veteran
Hageman will post 'Watt-like numbers' in Indy

Minnesota DL Ra'Shede Hageman will post "J.J. Watt-like numbers at the Combine," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

"From a physical standpoint, he is everything," Brooks adds. Watt posted a ridiculous 4.81 forty to go along with 34 bench press reps and three-cone drill of 6.88 seconds at 6'5/290 pounds. Those numbers will be nearly impossible to replicate.

Source: NFL.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/29516/hageman-will-post-watt-like-numbers-in-indy
Honestly, I'd love to see the 49ers snag him with their 1st rounder. The athleticism at his size would make him a ferocious DE on the front 7. I don't think they 49ers would place him at NT with a healthy combo of Williams-Dorsey-Dial. Dorsey was rock solid after getting into a groove, Williams was good early, and Dial is still developing so he should only improve. Not to mention Jerod-Eddie is in there as a tweener who can play NT in a pinch as well. I like our DL prospect farm right now.

Going into training camp, how exciting would it be to have the following on the roster battling it out?:

Justin Smith
Ray McDonald
Rashede Hageman
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Ian Williams
Glenn Dorsey
Tank Carradine
Quinton Dial
Mike Purcell (I actually really like this kid as a developing NT prospect, if he doesn't get a shot here, he may get one elsewhere)
Lawrence Okoye

That's 4 starting-caliber veterans. One monster rookie DL. One young DL starting to tap into their potential. One promising youngster with untapped potential. And three strong development guys. I'd be excited for that. Let the best men win to have a dominant rotation, and keep any on the PS that you can for the future. Get it done.

By that same token, there's a whole lot of players who should never have been drafted. Football intelligence doesn't require one to be well-spoken, nor do you have to possess a large degree of book smarts.

What he's saying in that we probably should've passed on Frank Gore in 2005. Did you hear him speak back then?