There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ra'Shede Hageman DL Minnesota

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hageman is a beast, who is gaining buzz. He should be a 1st-2nd round pick. I think we are fine with Dial and Tank as key backups, at least that's the feeling I get from what I hear every time from Maiocco, Barrows, Branch, etc.. Tank was a steal in 2nd round, and so was Dial in 5th round.

Dial is so versatile, DE and NT. Tank should be ready to go, and provide better pass rush then Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie has been giving us.

I dont see where Hageman fits in, unless for some reason Justin retires, I dont see a DL picked early.

Dial is overrated. It could be his foot. I think big guy like six foot five inches or bigger doesn't work as a NT. Your point about Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs is dead on.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/12/19/5228112/todd-mcshay-nfl-mock-draft-1-rashede-hageman-49ers

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Dial is overrated. It could be his foot. I think big guy like six foot five inches or bigger doesn't work as a NT. Your point about Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs is dead on.

He was a 5th round pick. What about that was overrated? I've seen him play, and once he gets an off season to adjust he will be a solid rotational player.
Originally posted by eonblue:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/12/19/5228112/todd-mcshay-nfl-mock-draft-1-rashede-hageman-49ers

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

He was a 5th round pick. What about that was overrated? I've seen him play, and once he gets an off season to adjust he will be a solid rotational player.

I dont see how dial is overrated either. 5th rd pick, hasn't had a chance to play yet. We have depth believe it or not. Dobbs and TJE have done good. Now we need Dial and when Tank is back in 2014 to be main guys. A 1st rd DT doesn't make sense. Not when we need a WR, CB, and maybe a SS(Though only Safety I take is Clinton-Dix in rd 1).
Dial is on the roster and not getting snaps. 5th round picks can't be overated I guess but he just doesn't seem to do anything when he's on the field. Maybe time will tell. We can only have so many projects on the DL. And Tank is one of them. He's already 24 years old so tank needs to put together things quickly. Clinton-Dix is a great target as Whitner may be a coach on the field but he gets beat in coverage a lot.
Reminds me of Okoye. Wonder how he's developing. I see him on the sidelines and he's huge.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Don't also forget that we still have Ian Williams, who was about to have a good year a starter until his injury.

I hope the guy still working hard and can keep his potential once more..
Yea Williams loss was hard on us.
bump
Like I said in the other thread, if for some reason the 49ers traded up for this guy, I would not be upset in the slightest. 6'6", 320, with room to add weight, an absolute freak of a defensive lineman, pretty raw but that's a match made in heaven when you've got Tomsula. Add him and you have insane depth on the DL, just keep subbing in beast after beast. This guy's raw ability, determination and attitude are off the charts when it comes to looking for a dominant defensive lineman.

The book on him is that he's an athletic freak with a tremendous vertical, outstanding speed for a guy his size, massive power but he's very raw, not ready to be a starter, only a situational player but has a tremendous ceiling to be a very dominant player in a couple of years. As far as the 49ers situation goes, that couldn't be anymore ideal. As Justin Smith rides off into the sunset, this monster takes over for him.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 23, 2014 at 1:56 PM ]
I think Rashede Hageman is already on the 49ers but he looks like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-2403302/NFL-Lawrence-Okoye-Injured-Reserve-cut-San-Francisco-49ers.html
  • cools
  • Veteran
I think Niners are in good shape on the DL, RayMac, Dorsey and Smith
with Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie and Williams, and throw in project Okoye

I wouldnt be surprised if we dont add anyone
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I think Rashede Hageman is already on the 49ers but he looks like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-2403302/NFL-Lawrence-Okoye-Injured-Reserve-cut-San-Francisco-49ers.html

Yeah, except Okoye is still an absolute longshot after having never played football in his life. Hageman with the right coaching could be a dominating presence for a decade or more.
He looks like a beast. I like him. You never have enough good young defensive linemen. Justin Smith is getting older and Ray McDonald has an injured arm. Dorsey wasn't necessarily our first choice at his position. The WZ always wants a WR. For 10 years in a row running. But it wouldn't surprise me if we added a good defensive linemen and I would not be against it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, except Okoye is still an absolute longshot after having never played football in his life. Hageman with the right coaching could be a dominating presence for a decade or more.

Lawrence Okoye was a low risk, high reward type player.
Lawrence Okoye has never played football, but he's played rugby (football with no pads). So I think the never played football concerns are a bit exaggerated.

Okoye has 1 year under his belt with the 49ers. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

Obviously the 49ers coaching staff thought highly of him. Enough to invest $480,000 to have him learn for a year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home