LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Ra'Shede Hageman DL Minnesota

I was watching the NW VS MINN game this weekend. This guy is a Sr, and is pretty good. At 6-5, 311 lbs he could be a good rotation D Lineman. He actually intercepted a pass in this game, but he is known for knocking down passes. I think he could be had in one of the middle rounds.

Any of you seen him play?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I was watching the NW VS MINN game this weekend. This guy is a Sr, and is pretty good. At 6-5, 311 lbs he could be a good rotation D Lineman. He actually intercepted a pass in this game, but he is known for knocking down passes. I think he could be had in one of the middle rounds.

I really want him but from what I understand he'll be a late 1st-early 2nd round pick. The need for a DL isn't great enough to pick him that early.

Yea ive bwen watching him since last year. His size alone was intriguing but he has learned how to use it. Honestly hes unblockable at times. Such a rare combination of size power and explosiveness. Hes a 1st to 2nd rd pick at this point though. Unless he walks into the combine fat and out.of shape we wont get him. Im all for drafting a dlinemen but i think oline is more important. If we are going for a big man in the first 3 rounds im leaning towards yankey, stork, swanson, richardson.
Hageman is a beast, who is gaining buzz. He should be a 1st-2nd round pick. I think we are fine with Dial and Tank as key backups, at least that's the feeling I get from what I hear every time from Maiocco, Barrows, Branch, etc.. Tank was a steal in 2nd round, and so was Dial in 5th round.

Dial is so versatile, DE and NT. Tank should be ready to go, and provide better pass rush then Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie has been giving us.

I dont see where Hageman fits in, unless for some reason Justin retires, I dont see a DL picked early.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hageman is a beast, who is gaining buzz. He should be a 1st-2nd round pick. I think we are fine with Dial and Tank as key backups, at least that's the feeling I get from what I hear every time from Maiocco, Barrows, Branch, etc.. Tank was a steal in 2nd round, and so was Dial in 5th round.

Dial is so versatile, DE and NT. Tank should be ready to go, and provide better pass rush then Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie has been giving us.

I dont see where Hageman fits in, unless for some reason Justin retires, I dont see a DL picked early.

Tank really was a steal. Hes ridiculously explosive and powerful.

Mark my words.

Tomsula is going to turn Dial and Carradine into starters.

I watch alot of SEC football so naturally I get to see at least 6 Bama games. Dial is not explosive. Hes not slow though. We witnessed that first hand against the titans. He drew two no call holds. He uses his length, powerful base, and upper body strength to control olinemen. Tomsula is going to show him to work the oline into the backfield. He will demand double teams and he can keep the block off.

Maybe they see something in dobbs or tje. I dont. Both have glaring techinique issues. SobI woulsnt mind drafting a ray drew, ed stinson, taylor hart, easley or sutton but only at the rigt spot which isnt in thw first 2 rounds.
Didn't realize he was moving up the charts. In my mind we need to find some better backups than we have today. Also, Justin Smith and Ray M are not getting any younger.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Tank really was a steal. Hes ridiculously explosive and powerful.

Mark my words.

Tomsula is going to turn Dial and Carradine into starters.

I watch alot of SEC football so naturally I get to see at least 6 Bama games. Dial is not explosive. Hes not slow though. We witnessed that first hand against the titans. He drew two no call holds. He uses his length, powerful base, and upper body strength to control olinemen. Tomsula is going to show him to work the oline into the backfield. He will demand double teams and he can keep the block off.

Maybe they see something in dobbs or tje. I dont. Both have glaring techinique issues. SobI woulsnt mind drafting a ray drew, ed stinson, taylor hart, easley or sutton but only at the rigt spot which isnt in thw first 2 rounds.

yea I agree on Dial and Tank.

I just wonder where we have room for another DL. Ray Mac, Justin, Dorsey, Ian, Dial and Tank seem locked in, thats 6 guys, so I guess 1 more for a developmental guy, either 3rd round or later. But Hageman is a early round pick right now. I dont see him dropping, unless he tanks it, and shows up in terrible shape at Combine in February.
Didn't realize he was moving up the charts. In my mind we need to find some better backups than we have today. Also, Justin Smith and Ray M are not getting any younger.

Thats true, but both are signed thru 2015, so dont expect either to be cut. If Justin retires, then I can see a high pick to help replace him. I also hope/expect Ray Mac to restructure/extension type deal to help cap wise.

I just wonder where we have room for another DL. Ray Mac, Justin, Dorsey, Ian, Dial and Tank seem locked in, thats 6 guys, so I guess 1 more for a developmental guy, either 3rd round or later. But Hageman is a early round pick right now. I dont see him dropping, unless he tanks it, and shows up in terrible shape at Combine in February.

I dont see him dropping either. I think we need another developmental guy.

Nvninerfan is right. RayMac and Cowboy are not getting younger. I dont mean that as a negative. Its merely an observation. RayMac is going to have bicep surgery and JS has tricep surgery. Clearly theyre playing to much.

A backup in the 2-3rd round gives us a guy that can spell the starters. We dont have another pure DE outside of Tank. Im not counting TJE or Dodd.

Depth chart:

RDE-Smith, Carradine
NT-Dorsey,Williams,Dial
LDE-RayMac, 2014 pick

I mean you could rotate any of the NTs for the DEs while were in the 4-2 but ultimately I want a long term replacement for our ageing starters. Its just a plus that they provide depth and preserve the guys they will one day replace. Maybe this is a late rd pick though. Tomsula made 3rd rounder RayMac into a starter so 3-7 rd pick could probably feel the need.

I strongly feel that the 49ers need to add more depth on the DL. 49ers shouldn't wait for Justin Smith to retire to add more depth, even if you accept that Carradine is the guy who will be replacing Justin, who replaces Carradine for depth? I'm less than content with Dobbs being the backup at DE. Also, the way I look at it, Dorsey and Williams are short-term guys as well. I'd like to see the 49ers add one more high quality DL for depth and in case of injury. In the NFL, you can never really have too much DL depth, a strong rotation is absolutely essential.

And for the record, I do like Hageman a lot, he's taller than ideal but built very well, very strong, could play either NT or DE in this defense, making him a good pickup.

I do think DeAndre Coleman of Cal could be an interesting potential pickup in the 4th round, he's certainly got the size for the position and then some.

I dont see him dropping either. I think we need another developmental guy.

Nvninerfan is right. RayMac and Cowboy are not getting younger. I dont mean that as a negative. Its merely an observation. RayMac is going to have bicep surgery and JS has tricep surgery. Clearly theyre playing to much.

A backup in the 2-3rd round gives us a guy that can spell the starters. We dont have another pure DE outside of Tank. Im not counting TJE or Dodd.

Depth chart:

RDE-Smith, Carradine
NT-Dorsey,Williams,Dial
LDE-RayMac, 2014 pick

I mean you could rotate any of the NTs for the DEs while were in the 4-2 but ultimately I want a long term replacement for our ageing starters. Its just a plus that they provide depth and preserve the guys they will one day replace. Maybe this is a late rd pick though. Tomsula made 3rd rounder RayMac into a starter so 3-7 rd pick could probably feel the need.

I think Dial will be the primary backup. But we only activate 5 on game days, so the new DE wouldn't see the field in year 1. Dial wouldn't of had it not been for injuries. Same for Tank. Ideally we would activate, Justin, Ray Mac, Dorsey, Tank, Dial, and Ian in 2014, with any draft pick being a inactive on sunday's.
I think Dial will be the primary backup. But we only activate 5 on game days, so the new DE wouldn't see the field in year 1. Dial wouldn't of had it not been for injuries. Same for Tank. Ideally we would activate, Justin, Ray Mac, Dorsey, Tank, Dial, and Ian in 2014, with any draft pick being a inactive on sunday's.

Good point. So if one was to draft a dline it should be a late round pick or just wait till next year. Were going to have great rotation next year.

Good point. So if one was to draft a dline it should be a late round pick or just wait till next year. Were going to have great rotation next year.

Yeah, not to say a 3rd rd pick would be a bad pick, since it is safe to have a solid backup. So If someone like DaQuan Jones, or Will Sutton falls in the 3rd round I am all for taking one of them, or a guy like Hageman, but I feel 1st-2nd rd pick come May 2014(Hate the new draft day, stupid, ).
The more I see the way guys develop under Tomsula, the more I'd like to see the 49ers take a shot at a guy like Hageman who is a bit raw but has a crapload of potential and tremendous athleticism. Take Hageman, let him develop and Justin Smith's career can be extended by having him playing less snaps, along with McDonald with Carradine and Hageman subbing in frequently.
Share 49ersWebzone