LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

DeAnthony Thomas in comparison to Tavon Austin's rookie year

Not a chance... We will have Hunter, LMJ (if not traded), Dixon, and Lattimore still if Gore decides not to stick around.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Not a chance... We will have Hunter, LMJ (if not traded), Dixon, and Lattimore still if Gore decides not to stick around.

I don't think we'd draft him as a RB, it would be as a slot WR, like Tavon Austin last year. And rumors before last year's draft was we were very interested in Austin. Smoke screen? That I don't know. But it shows we were looking for a speedy slot guy, if true.
If Dixon goes elsewhere and we get rid of LMJ I would love to get DeAnthony... that said I think we would use him poorly because of Romans inability to use the weapons around him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If Dixon goes elsewhere and we get rid of LMJ I would love to get DeAnthony... that said I think we would use him poorly because of Romans inability to use the weapons around him.

Honestly I doubt Roman will be in SF next year.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If we can find a capable replacement then it will be a good thing. otherwise we're stuck with Roman
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If we can find a capable replacement then it will be a good thing. otherwise we're stuck with Roman

That's the thing. I don't expect us to be burned like we we were when Norv left, but I really love the running game under Roman. I hope we get a guy that that can keep what we have going in the running game while making a point to get all of our guys involved in the passing offense.

On the subject of this thread, having DeAnthony Thomas along with drafting one other speedy receiver could really change the flavor of this offense. But it would only make sense if we traded James.
Share 49ersWebzone