LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Idaho's Premature 2014 Mock Draft.

So figured i would follow up after Phoenix and post a premature mock draft for 2014. Mostly because i enjoy doing it. Not gonna bother going into detail here as this will undoubtedly change. Feel free to discuss the pics or players though. Draft is heavy in the secondary and at WR which will be the two biggest needs in the offseason.

Round 1- Bradley Roby - CB- 5-11, 192- rJR- Ohio State

Round 2 (from KC)- Derek Carr- QB- 6-3, 215, rSR, Fresno State

Round 2- Lamarcus Joyner- FS, 5-8, 190 Sr- Florida State

Round 3(titans)- Hroniss Grasu- C- 6-3, 298, rJr, Oregon

Round 3- Davante Adams- WR- 6-2, 212, rSo- Fresno State (much like my Jordan Mathews pick in my first mock last offseason, not likely Adams declares)

Round 3 (likely comp)- Jalen Saunders- WR- 5-9, 164, Sr, Oklahoma (transfer from Fresno State)

Round 4- Calvin Barnett- DT- 6-2, 300, Sr, Oklahoma State

Round 5- Cody Hoffman- WR- 6-3, 215, Sr, BYU

Round 6- Christian Bryant- FS- 5-9, 193, Sr, Ohio State

Round 7- Dakota Dozier- OG/OT, 6-3, 302, rSR, Furman

Round 7- Devon Kennard, OLB, 6-3, 255, rSr, Southern California

Round 7- Marcus Williams- CB, 5-11, 200, rSr, North Dakota State

Round 7- Gator Hoskins- FB, 6-2, 242, Sr, Marshall

I like, Roby is my top CB, Carr in my top 10 QBs, I have a good feeling there will be a good amount of top 3 round talent at QB. Williams in the last round would be a steal.

Hoffman I love, maybe a little late, but whatever.Barnett and Joyner are two of my favs as well.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I like, Roby is my top CB, Carr in my top 10 QBs, I have a good feeling there will be a good amount of top 3 round talent at QB. Williams in the last round would be a steal.

Hoffman I love, maybe a little late, but whatever.Barnett and Joyner are two of my favs as well.

Thanks for the input AB. I agree Hoffman has the potential to go earlier, but he has had somewhat of a down year. He missed two games, and while his average is insane, he is definatly having a down year for TD production. No way he comes close to sniffing his 100 reception 1200 yard 11 TD season that he had last season. Only 18 receptions on the season thus far. There is a chance he could be there later, but 5th round maybe a bit low, i agree.
i try to hold out as long as i can...sorry i thought this was a different premature thread that was on the parking lot....

last niners player from furman--john keith, pretty good hitter as a safety
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Thanks for the input AB. I agree Hoffman has the potential to go earlier, but he has had somewhat of a down year. He missed two games, and while his average is insane, he is definatly having a down year for TD production. No way he comes close to sniffing his 100 reception 1200 yard 11 TD season that he had last season. Only 18 receptions on the season thus far. There is a chance he could be there later, but 5th round maybe a bit low, i agree.

maybe, but never know, he may last. So many WRs ahead of him now. Beckham Jr. looks like a 1st rounder. I like Paul Richardson(Colorado) and Allen Robinson(PSU), both 1st rd talent too. Watkins and Lee are 1st rd pick, in my top 15.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i try to hold out as long as i can...sorry i thought this was a different premature thread that was on the parking lot....

last niners player from furman--john keith, pretty good hitter as a safety

I like Dozier, really versitile and I believe he has played every position on the OL at one point or another. Likely best suited as a Guard in the NFL IMO, but would be a good developmental OL that could fill in at various spots in a pinch.
Also, how badass of a name is Gator Hoskins? I want to draft him for his name alone. This is a guy i could see truly filling that role Delanie Walker left behind.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM ]
Also, how badass of a name is Gator Hoskins? I want to draft him for his name alone. This is a guy i could see truly filling that role Delanie Walker left behind.

I love the name, haven't checked him out. Like when we drafted Daniel KILGORE, loved the name, never seen him play. Love the guy, Center of the Future right now.

And in before Tadwolf says "Why a midget CB?" Even though some of the best DBs, are 5'11 and under.

I love the name, haven't checked him out. Like when we drafted Daniel KILGORE, loved the name, never seen him play. Love the guy, Center of the Future right now.

And in before Tadwolf says "Why a midget CB?" Even though some of the best DBs, are 5'11 and under.

Roby is the real deal IMO. Roby, Culliver, Brock, Reid, Joyner/Bryant could be a pretty attractive secondary 2 years from now.

Honey Badger anyone? I actually wanted us to take him in the 4th or 5th, but Arizona beat us to it.

Really like the Roby pick. Guy seems to play physical in pass defense & run support which would fit in on our defense.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Whats his (Roby)forty time, guy looks fast as hell
Originally posted by jimrat:
Whats his (Roby)forty time, guy looks fast as hell

Ohio has him clocked at 4.26. But you have to take that with a grain of salt. Hes fast though.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/05/22418/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-40-times-braxton-miller-bradley-roby-ryan-shazier
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
I like the Roby and Dozier picks, although I think Roby could be picked quite earlier, expecting him to have a monster Combine. As far as Joyner, where do you see him fitting? If he becomes the free safety does Reid move to strong safety next season?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I like the Roby and Dozier picks, although I think Roby could be picked quite earlier, expecting him to have a monster Combine. As far as Joyner, where do you see him fitting? If he becomes the free safety does Reid move to strong safety next season?

Well as we all know our S positions are very much interchangable, and i feel both reid and joyner could play either spot, but yes if you had to put a label on it, i would move Reid to SS. I also like the idea of developing Bryant and bringing him in as a thumper in short yardage and goal line situations.

Personally with our front seven what it is, i feel adding even more coverage ability to the secondary would be a bonus. Reid can make all the plays whitner or goldson make at the LOS, he is just not as solid of a thumper as they are.

I find the "SS" class this year to be less than appealing.
Share 49ersWebzone